• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Man I feel really bad for anybody who thought it was a good idea to buy SSD early
KuGsj.gif

Amazon shipped Virtua Tennis on Friday and it arrived on Saturday. Amazon shipped Hot Shots, Wipeout, Uncharted, Modnation Racer, and the 32gb card yesterday and all arrived today. Fifa and Rayman have shipped today and are schedule for delivery tomorrow. Still no status change on my actual Vita.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The final day, or day and change of waiting are the worst. We get to see it twice on here, now, and right before the 22nd.

I haven't seen a single ad for the Vita except for one poster at Gamestop. How does Sony expect people to buy it if they don't know it exists?

I love the design of this thing, the hardware is impressive and I actually think the price is very good for the specs, so I was tempted to get it. But every time I look at the software lineup I don't see one must-have game and I know that it will just start collecting dust once novelty has worn off.

This pisses me off. Alreday bought it off of PSN, missed out on the DLC bundle cause I bought early, and now my bundle pack gives it to me for free. rage.

Why would you buy anything on PSN knowing you're getting a free game but not what that game is yet?

test_account

XP-39C²
How does the free game for the 3G SKU works in countries where there isnt any specific 3G provider locked to the Vita? Do you still get the free game?

UberTag

Fun to see the Playstation blog guys casually hint at PS3+Vita being their answer to Wii U and Microsoft's X360 successor with tablet controller. (Incidentally, I believe this is the way they'll go. Sony isn't releasing a new platform - i.e. PS4 - when the next Xbox hits retail. Instead they'll bundle PS3s and Vitas together in one package.)

they just sat there figuring out what to do next. I took a picture via my vita and sent it to them vita group messaging.

Yeah I saw that, thought they were gonna check it, idk

They probably get messaged all the time during live shit and just instinctively don't care

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
3G bundle gets Super Stardust Delta WITH the DLC as the PSN game.

Dang, this might push me over the edge since I was planning on buying SSD anyways. Admittedly, I don't really know anything about 3G services (no smartphone here...), so I'm not quite sure what I'd be getting into. I'm reading up on it a bit, and I'm considering upgrading to the 3G since I don't have wi-fi at my house. At least with 3G I'd have access to the online services from home, instead of being stuck with offline mode all the time. Are there any red flags I should be aware of?

element

Yeah I saw that, thought they were gonna check it, idk

They probably get messaged all the time during live shit and just instinctively don't care
i can see that, but since the public doesn't have units, getting a message would be a little odd right now. oh well. i'll give patrick shit next time i see him.

DemonNite

How does the free game for the 3G SKU works in countries where there isnt any specific 3G provider locked to the Vita? Do you still get the free game?

Stardust will be for NA i believe but here in the UK (vodafone) you get Wipeout if you topup through them (for £5). However, in the UK you can use any other service but of course no free game.

I stopped into EB Games to try and buy Rayman Origins for the Vita in anticipation for launch. He brought it out from the back.. then said street date was March 1st.

Also they had no screen protectors. I guess at this point all I can hope for is they don't fudge the Vita's release day on the 15th for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just got my 8GB, man it is tiny, haha. Stuck it my Uncharted case, hopefully I don't lose it. Not sure why I opened it, guess I was just taken a back from the size of it

I stopped into EB Games to try and buy Rayman Origins for the Vita in anticipation for launch. He brought it out from the back.. then said street date was March 1st.

Also they had no screen protectors. I guess at this point all I can hope for is they don't fudge the Vita's release day on the 15th for me.

March 1st? Lol EB games.

Ken

Going to guess that you won't be able to give away the SSD+DLC bonus with the 3G orders? Unless it's tied to the free month of 3G, which, if the trial is activated with a code, would then make it giftable?

Misterhbk

that man is an idiot. i just got the text from gamestop about rayman origins releasing tomorrow.

test_account

XP-39C²
Stardust will be for NA i believe but here in the UK (vodafone) you get Wipeout if you topup through them (for £5). However, in the UK you can use any other service but of course no free game.
Ok, i see. It makes sense that you only get a free game if your tied to a specific provider (as part of a deal). But i just had to ask to be sure, that it wasnt something in the 3G Vita model itself that you activated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom