• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: "Will be a bit of a surprise", "Really doubt someone will guess"

injurai

Banned
Surprisingly I look forward to these hype trains. I swear hype is more fun than the final product. I think its because people can be so hilariously ridiculous over things, and its always interesting to hype up games.

ReaperXL7

I think Playstation allstars is the most logical pick, but i'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe it's God of War Ascension. I'll be surprised if it's something we don't already know about.

Probably that Sony Smash Bros game no one cares about.

Strange really how a game no one cares about has gotten to much attention...

Unless of course by "no one" your talking about yourself, than that makes more sense.

Probably that Sony Smash Bros game no one cares about.

OHOGn.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Last time they had one that they toted as surprising it was the Obsidian South Park RPG so I can bet that this will probably be something fairly unexpected.

inB4 MASS EFFECT 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a side feature on the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC. Gotta believe.

I wish GI would just share if it's an unannounced game or something we already know about. It would make this whole guessing game a whole lot more fun for me if we could narrow it down by at least that. Of course, if they admit that their cover story isn't going to be a completely fresh reveal than they'd slow down their hype train, so I understand why they don't clarify.

Seda

With a side feature on the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC. Gotta believe.

I wish GI would just share if it's an unannounced game or something we already know about. It would make this whole guessing game a whole lot more fun for me if we could narrow it down by at least that. Of course, if they admit that their cover story isn't going to be a completely fresh reveal than they'd slow down their hype train, so I understand why they don't clarify.

Well the way he said "but maybe" implies that it is either a game we already know about or something plausible based off an existing franchise. Not a new IP, but not something obvious.

Has anyone guessed "Killer Freaks From Outerspace" yet? It's about time for the Nintendo Ninjas to retreat back to their lair atop Mt. Fuji isn't it?

Brofist

Strange really how a game no one cares about has gotten to much attention...

Unless of course by "no one" your talking about yourself, than that makes more sense.

I don't even play the Nintendo one with Mario, why would I play the same game with a bunch of b-list mascots.

Brofist

That's a losing man's bet.

You're probably right. It'll be number 9 or 10 on a weeks worth of sales in a slow month NPD. Sony fans will claim it would have been top 3 with a full month sales, and that the next month it'll fly to the top of the charts. The next month it'll be gone.

Squire

Banned
You're probably right. It'll be number 9 or 10 on a weeks worth of sales in a slow month NPD. Sony fans will claim it would have been top 3 with a full month sales, and that the next month it'll fly to the top of the charts. The next month it'll be gone.

I think it'll be slightly higher up than 9 or 10, but other than that, I don't really dispute your theory :p

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think we've seen enough of Sony Smash to really know how wide it's appeal will be. If it does end up Smash Brosesque in terms of it's fan service, I could see it reaching a sizable audience, if not, I imagine it'll do very little.

J-Rock

Banned
Anyone else bored with the whole "guess what our next cover will be" game? Does it really generate hype for the magazine?

Top Bottom