• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: "Will be a bit of a surprise", "Really doubt someone will guess"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seems too soon for an Elder Scrolls MMO. Skyrim hasn't even been out a year yet.

Radogol

Andy responded to my tweet.

jqllYLwRu9jIX.jpg

In that case, my guess is a spiritual successor to Dead Island.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm going to say Quantic Dream's next game, but I want it to be Broken Sword 5, that should be announced in the next month or so I'd imagine.

Squire

Banned
Overstrike.

It's been forever since that was discussed and the Insomniac CM tweeted about it last week (he may have indirectly confirmed drop-in/drop-out co-op.)

Dabanton

If nobody will guess it, it could be a bit interesting.

That Class3 XBLA game maybe?

I was just thinking that but I doubt the game would get the front cover of GI.

Yeah probably.

But that game gives a few clues to what MS is potentially planning with certain genres for their next machine plus it runs on Cryengine 3 and the vid they posted of the time lapse last year already looked good. I can only imagine the improvements it's undergone since then. I think it will be a big game for them at E3. So maybe it could be an outside contender

Everyone always harps on GI because they're always "hyping" up their covers and whatnot, but all their tweets are just responses to people constantly asking them questions about it.

dr_rus

Here are some games that are known/believed to have been shown off recently, but aren't unveiled and might not have enough unveiled to prevent a cover:

-God of War: Ascension
-Dead Space 3
-Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2
-The Elder Scrolls MMO
-Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- not a surprise
- not a surprise
- eh, a little surprise
- not a surprise
- not a surprise

Might be a high profile unrevealed THQ title like inSane (Volition) or Wild (Turtle Rock). THQ Montreal (ex Assassin's Creed) is probably too early. They certainly need to hype stuff for enthusiasm.

Bethesda is also publishing on a high profile iD-Tech 5 title by Machine Games (ex-Starbreeze). Tango's "Zwei" is unlikely since it seems too early with the recent concept art reveal.

And of course there are Bungie and Respawn's upcoming titles. There would probably be some lead up to the reveal of those two though.

Abylim

Aside from Ass Creed 3, the mag cover reveals do nothing for me.
Yep, I know I dont need to click on the thread, just giving my 2 cents.

I buy GI every month here (Will sub when I'm not feeling lazy) so I love the mag, but I dont think this does a lot for it.
It really deflates it when every month theres a new "surprise" cover reveal, too.

I was genuinely surprised at South Park, didnt see it coming. Dont know whether I'd buy it or not, but still surprised. But enough. Just tweet about how sexy the cover looks when its revealed.
Guess it just feels like an announcement of an announcement.

Squire

Banned
I should also say the Overstrike box art popped up earlier in the same day as the CM's tweets. Could be just a coincidence, but maybe...

Top Bottom