• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Enters the Ring on June 5

V_Ben

Banned
Here's the PR;

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON - May 14, 2012 - SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that the console release date and retail price for Virtua Fighter™ 5 Final Showdown. The stand-alone downloadable 3D fighting game is set to make its console debut on June 5 for PlayStation®Network and June 6 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will be priced at $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 for PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points for XBLA.

Character customization DLC packs will be available immediately upon launch for all 19 fighters, with each character customization pack costing $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, and will contain 600-950 customization items. Two additional customization packs, consisting of nine characters’ worth of DLC items and the other with 10 characters’ worth, will also be available at launch for $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 each on PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points each on XBLA.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown brings the latest arcade version of the Virtua Fighter 5 series to consoles worldwide, adding two new characters—Virtua Fighter 3 favorite Taka-Arashi and newcomer Jean Kujo—and dynamic and interactive fighting arenas. Console-only features include a robust and detailed Training Mode, eight player Online Room Match Mode, and a match record feature to replay, save, and upload fights. Developed by AM2, the console version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will bring the storied franchise’s detailed balance, overhauled fighting mechanics, and extreme depth to new audiences and VF veterans alike in the acclaimed series’ best version yet.

Well then, there's that. There's a trailer too, but I can't upload it from Uni...

Obligatory Self-promotion link.

ib1vLLgYZzUPMs.gif

My body is ready.

Thats a great price for the game. I'll probably hold off on dlc until a price dtop.
too bad the date is just 1 month before evolution. doesn't give those people who want to enter the side tornament a lot of time to grind out.

Xater

And you already have a lot of customization options with the base game. If you really want to go all out you can buy the DLC. This seems to me like a great deal.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I GOT DIBS ON THE OT! CALLING IT RIGHT NOW AND AIN'T NO ONE GONNA STOP ME.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally. this will be my first fighter bought since... hell, i dont remember the last fighter i bought. DoA U for original xbox?

Much sooner than I thought. Too many awesome games are coming out back to back, it's unpossible to give them all the time they deserve! [/first-world problems]

Rambler

I was hoping for a May release date (won't be able to play this with my brother in June), but I'm glad that it's spaced far enough from TTT2. It might actually have a chance now.

BadWolf

Wow at that price, so bought.

I know they probably factored in the DLC when coming up with the price but for someone like me who doesn't care for customization this has made it into one heck of a deal.

Really, really hope the online delivers and it won't be hard finding matches.

I'd love an option to disable being able to see your opponent's customization, this has really annoyed me from the various match vids I've seen.

Westlo

Def getting this, not sure which platform at the moment.. would prefer 360 but I'll see where the 5 VF players in Aus pick it up for first I guess. Also that's a fuckload of items they're giving out with the DLC, that's how you do it!

Alx

I'm in. Time to get back to the old VF5 to remember the right reflexes during the next 3 weeks, after too much time spent on SC5. :)

Rambler

I'd love an option to disable being able to see your opponent's customization, this has really annoyed me from the various match vids I've seen.
I wish every game with customization had this option.

You can barely recognize the characters now, it's ridiculous.

Virtua Fighter has boring character design but the solution isn't to cover them in as much gaudy shit as you can unlock.

AAK

This is brilliant pricing from a business perspective.

I kinda wish they'd just make a Complete $60 edition with everything included.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, all the DLC is more expensive than the game? Hahaha

Roughly comes out to the same price as the retail disc for VF5 (well, day one anyway), which is what it basically is. The base VF5:FS is going to be bare-bones because of size limits.

Also I'm hyped for this. Now I just need a release date for GG:XX:^C.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wish every game with customization had this option.

You can barely recognize the characters now, it's ridiculous.

Virtua Fighter has boring character design but the solution isn't to cover them in as much gaudy shit as you can unlock.

I've had this problem with Tekken.(sometimes won't know who's who until they do a move)

but not VF. Since characters have such varied builds and stances.

Earlier than I expected this. Which is good. Will keep my PS3 nice and warm until Anarchy Reigns drops next month.

Then I can play the shit out of both until school starts up.

Price is real good. I'll probably invest in some of the DLC once I settle on a character.

Top Bottom