• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Enters the Ring on June 5

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Also i friggin love the date.

meppi

Virtua Fighter has boring character design

120045906675.gif

Anyway. Will get this the moment it hits Live!
Might pick up the DLC packs as well just to support this release, although I only need Pai Chan.

Hinomura

Day one for me too! :) I'm relieved, I feared a mid/late August release.

Diablo III tonight, and VF5FS in three weeks ... I'm happy! :)

Alx

Remember VF4 Evo on PS2 for $20 Sega? Why not just do that and include everything.

We had to pay 60€ for VF4evo in Europe... and it was worth it !
After all you get a complete game for $15 here. All the DLC are bells and whistles that are not required to enjoy the game ; I may buy a few to support Sega, but I'm sure I don't need them, especially since I like the simple and (reasonably) realistic aspect of the default costumes.
Other fighting games are great for silly characters, but in VF I'd rather see basic kung-fu outfits or their equivalents.

Koralsky

Yep, Day One. I keep my VF Remix and VF2 for Saturn and VF3 for Dreamcast even though I don't have that consoles any more.

Maybe it's time to give away my PS3 version of VF5 :)

Jaaaaaackyyyyyyy!!!

IronLich

I guess it's a bit much to expect the cheesy commentary to stay intact overseas. That was one of my favorite parts of VF5 just listening to some stock announcers get hype over throws. Day 1 regardless, but that would be icing on the cake.

vg260

I'm awful at 3D fighters. Any details on the training mode or how this is for 1P? Isn't it supposed to have decent AI?

Does the game at least include the six (?) basic costumes per character and possibility to swap between individual garments? Or is all of this DLC?

Somehow I get the feeling that the separate DLC packs include the swimwear option for everyone, with the girls spread evenly between the packs...

In any case, day one and all DLC for Aoi. After that, we'll see.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So wait, is the evolution mode absent from this? That's pretty disappointing if so... I really liked that gradual feeling of progression :-/

I might have to double dip on this one. 14.99 is day one, the cosutmes, meh you can probably unlock them so need to buy that much DLC imho, maybe for my main but other then that doubt I will get an other DLC

The $15 DLC packs contain the same DLC in the $5 character packs?

Yes. You can either get one character for $5 or a set of 9-10 for $15. It really is the better value to get just the bundle.

You coming down to ABQ in June? We'll have some VF money matches waiting for you (and anyone else who plays), so better get some practice in! :p

Haha. I hope so dood. We are trying to figure things out on our end. We want to get a solid number of people going. Still in the planning phases. But if I go, you better believe that we are gonna get some games in!

notworksafe

Haha. I hope so dood. We are trying to figure things out on our end. We want to get a solid number of people going. Still in the planning phases. But if I go, you better believe that we are gonna get some games in!

Bring as many as you can so we can whup dat ass and steal all your money!
Yeah right :(

Xeno_V

At last, it's time to get back to VF. Great news, great price and I hope that the online mode will be popular for months, as I won't be able to play during summer thanks to my MSc.

I gave up on console VF5 after playing VF5:R and realizing that we won't see another console release anytime soon.
Can anybody give me a link with a summary of what has changed regarding the gameplay mechanisms? No need for character specific stuff, changes in frame data etc.

I GOT DIBS ON THE OT! CALLING IT RIGHT NOW AND AIN'T NO ONE GONNA STOP ME.

FUCK YEAH!!!!

Now I'm glad I put that bug in your ear a while back. OT wouldn't feel right if somebody else did it.

And all I have to do is spend $5 to have Sarah looking her absolute best when she's kicking ass. I LIKE THIS!!!

Top Bottom