• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Enters the Ring on June 5

kunonabi

With the costumes being paid there isn't much need for single player modes. A good training mode and worthy netcode should be the focus. I loved quest mode but I'll take what I can get. More focus on vs play should prevent people from building bad habits from playing the cpu to earn stuff anyway.

UrbanRats

Sounds like the bundles collect what the seperate packs offer. So if you will only just play 1 or 2 characters, you can get away cheaper, or if you want everything for everyone, you can buy the bundles.

So it appears to be
* 650 / 900 items per character in the $5 dlc packs. (19 packs available)
* Near 10,000 each bundle, $15 packs. (2 packs available)
* 6 default costumes per character with default game. (Free with purchase)

Uhm, that would make sense.
If it's like this i'll pick up game + bundles, otherwise i'll pass.
I love customization in VF5 and the game with all the minipacks it's far too expensive.

geebee

Banned
Damn, why do they have to release this the week of E3? There goes my day 1 plans. Still, the sooner than expected date is great and I'll be picking this up on both platforms.

DR2K

Banned
$45 for everything? I was worried it would be like $200 for all the items or something. Bought Day 1. Good practice for DOA5.

S: Akira
A: Everyone else

Also, is it just me, or is virtuafighter.com broken?

Nope. There is a newer list.
VFDC is loading like shit now. I'll post it later.

But it was something like this:

S: Jacky?, Taka, Vanessa, Lion
A: don't remember exactly but Wolf is there, Akira?
B: Same
C: Lei Fei, Eileen, Jeffry

€: That doesn't mean you can't win with Lei Fei, Eileen or jeffry but the Systemchanges aren't playing well for them.
€2: after reading the post of badwolf I'm almost certain that Jacky is S while Akira dropped to A.

Ninjimbo

I'm just glad to finally have the game. I gotta clear up space on my HD. There's no way it would fit in now. Damn first gen 360's with their tiny HDs.

Suairyu

Banned
This and Diablo III... fuck. Fuck it all. Guess I'm just going to have to be really disciplined about how I split my time.

Still need to buy a stick for my PS3.

edit: ugh VF tiers.

S: Akira, Taka, Vanessa, Lion
A: don't remember exactly but Wolf is there
B: Same
C: Lei Fei, Eileen, Jeffry

€: That doesn't mean you can't win with Lei Fei, Eileen or jeffry but the Systemchanges aren't playing well for them.

Iirc Fuudo mentioned Jacky being the best right now on the Shadowloo Showdown stream.

That's good to see.
I should stop getting this stuff from SRK.

Also, which recent tournament was it that had the VF5:FS exhibition with a Wolf mirror final?
I want to watch that now, for some reason.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Given how poorly the game did in retail in the US, and how Sega doesn't want to hurt the arcade market in Japan- this made the most sense.

How would a real home release hurt the arcades I mean the game is years old. I get that people still play it in arcades but c'mon >.<; Oh wells I'll always have my vanilla VF5 copy I got with my PS3 way back when!

You don't buy any downloadable games?

Nope nope I have not. Nor music. Nor tv shows/movies. Nor anything else! o.o

So I guess you're giving up videogames all together in the next few years?

Huh? Why would I have ta do that?

$45 for everything? I was worried it would be like $200 for all the items or something. Bought Day 1. Good practice for DOA5.

It could be. (19 * $5) + 15 = $110 if you bought all of the DLC separately. But nobody is gonna do that, right?

I wonder which of the default arcade outfits are going to be DLC?

Depends on how much the console version will mirror the arcade version. Because the other 4 costumes were rolled out via updates. More likely than not all 6 will be default and you'll need to buy the customization items to adjust it to your liking.

I try to learn everyone and VF4-5 had godlike training modes that made it a joy to do so. Looking forward to seeing the changes and learning the two new guys (Taka is new to me VF3 is the only one I never really played).

I did lean heavily towards Jacky and Goh in VF5, though. Goh was the one I wanted to be good at, Jacky I'd bust out if I wanted to win.

I also played this a bit at PAX East last month. My man Jacky had a lot of changes and graphically the game is stellar, a lot crisper and cleaner than even VF5 (which was smooth as butter).

Suairyu

Banned
I play Jacky! Glad to see my boy is 'the best'... not that I (or most of us here) will reach a level of play high enough for the tiers to actually be relevant.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So $5 bucks per character items OR 15$ x 2 for every characters items right?
So the full full game costs: $15 + $15x2 = $45

So $5 bucks per character items OR 15$ x 2 for every characters items right?
So the full full game costs: $15 + $15x2 = $45

Yep. or (19 * $5) + 15 = $110/8800 MS Points if you're a baller.

And Sarah all day.

VF is the only fighting game ever where I've stuck to a single character for the whole series.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yep. or (19 * $5) + 15 = $110/8800 MS Points if you're a baller.

And Sarah all day.

VF is the only fighting game ever where I've stuck to a single character for the whole series.
Its a pretty cool pricing scheme.
You just want one of the very best fighting games ever? BAM! 15 bucks
Do you want costumes for the entire cast? BAM! 30 bucks!
Do you want costumes just for GOH? BAM! 5 bucks.

BadWolf

Its a pretty cool pricing scheme.
You just want one of the very best fighting games ever? BAM! 15 bucks
Do you want costumes for the entire cast? BAM! 30 bucks!
Do you want costumes just for GOH? BAM! 5 bucks.

Wish more devs did this, I usually don't care for all the bells and whistles.

GrayFoxPL

I play Jacky! Glad to see my boy is 'the best'... not that I (or most of us here) will reach a level of play high enough for the tiers to actually be relevant.

That's the case with most of us indeed.

I still will be jumping from character to character but it's Jean, Kage for now.

NAMUUUUUUU!

Taken from SRK/VFDC

New Arcadia tier list, courtesy of Reno: http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/321340/1

S: Akira, Jacky, Taka, Lion
A: Goh, Vanessa, Brad, Jean
B: Shun, Wolf
C: Lau, Aoi, Pai, Kage, Sarah, Blaze
D: Eileen, Lei-Fei, Jeffry

Akai also made some very interesting charts that were posted in that VFDC thread, basically displaying how often each character appears in the semifinal and final rounds of tournaments, as well how often they go on to win. Long story short, pretty much every character can compete, but the lower tier characters definitely have more work to do.

igniteinnerfighter2.jpg

Default costumes NOT DLC

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I still play virtua fighter 5 online. I am all over this game!

Probably only get the xbox version, as I mostly play with my brother and he is xbox only. But if I am doing ok with money I might get both just to support the series. I have been with them since the beginning!

Taken from SRK/VFDC

New Arcadia tier list, courtesy of Reno: http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/321340/1

S: Akira, Jacky, Taka, Lion
A: Goh, Vanessa, Brad, Jean
B: Shun, Wolf
C: Lau, Aoi, Pai, Kage, Sarah, Blaze
D: Eileen, Lei-Fei, Jeffry

Akai also made some very interesting charts that were posted in that VFDC thread, basically displaying how often each character appears in the semifinal and final rounds of tournaments, as well how often they go on to win. Long story short, pretty much every character can compete, but the lower tier characters definitely have more work to do.
Wow, S through D? I assumed the game would be more balanced than that. I remember Tekken 6 was like S through B.

Top Bottom