• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Enters the Ring on June 5

kunonabi

Much earlier than I expected. 45$ for everything is pretty solid.

I'm going to have pick up Akira now since you can finally make him look like Ryo.

So amped for this. KoFXIII and VF have me set for fighters now.

Now sure where to get this. I can't play online with my 360 but I can't afford a new ps3 stick. ARGH.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So basically, it's $45 for the full game. I'll just grab the full game first, get reacquainted with Aoi, and download the bundle pack that includes her customization stuff, and grab the other pack later.

Gotta support Sega.

Suzuki Yu

This is brilliant pricing from a business perspective.

I kinda wish they'd just make a Complete $60 edition with everything included.
the complete game will cost you only $45

$15 for the game
$15 for the 10 characters DLC
$15 for the rest of the characters (9) DLC

BTW it's totally worth it, there is about 10,000 items in the game since it's launch in 2006
not to mention that the customs in this game are just amazing

saelz8

LLShC.gif
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
LLShC.gif

If Goh and Aoi DLC is in the same pack, I'll splurge and get it. The other 8 will be a bonus for the $5 premium. Otherwise I'll get them individually for a total of $10.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Great price, and solid DLC price. No matter how you slice it, this is a new VF for $15 to get everything you need to play, or $45 to get an insane amount of extra bells and whistles.

If you're the kinda person who just mains a single character, you can get everything for that char + the game for $20 flat.

And even if you don't buy any of the DLC, you still get 6 costumes worth of parts for 19 characters?

It's a nice, flexible pricing model, one that should be applauded overall. If there's not any surprise loopholes somewhere.

Will be good to get into VF once again. 5 on 360 was great, but felt kinda lonely, but this looks poised to be packed and full of players from day 1.

Bravo, Sega! Hope this turns out very well for them.

jett

D-Member
Awesome price, customization I don't care about. This is what I suggested years ago, VF5 at $15, instabuy. Although I'm curious at what kind of SP campaign it has. Like VF4 vanilla or VF4evo?

KTallguy

Banned
Are we sure that the individual packs and the group packs have the same items in them? Someone from Sega should confirm.

Suzuki Yu

Are we sure that the individual packs and the group packs have the same items in them? Someone from Sega should confirm.

with each character customization pack costing $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, and will contain 600-950 customization items
sounds like all the items per character

Riposte

Much sooner than I thought. Too many awesome games are coming out back to back, it's unpossible to give them all the time they deserve! [/first-world problems]

Ha, I feel the same way. I have 10+ games in my backlog for the first time in years lol. Too many of them are fighting games, which really kills my time.

Suzuki Yu

No, I mean ... 5 dollars for ALL of one character's items... but 15 for ALL of 10 character's items? Or are there items you can only get with 5 dollar packs? That's the key thing.
from my understanding i think the 10 characters worth of DLC items has the same content as the single character pack but with better offer .... i could be wrong though :/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
No, I mean ... 5 dollars for ALL of one character's items... but 15 for ALL of 10 character's items? Or are there items you can only get with 5 dollar packs? That's the key thing.

Sounds like the bundles collect what the seperate packs offer. So if you will only just play 1 or 2 characters, you can get away cheaper, or if you want everything for everyone, you can buy the bundles.

So it appears to be
* 650 / 900 items per character in the $5 dlc packs. (19 packs available)
* Near 10,000 each bundle, $15 packs. (2 packs available)
* 6 default costumes per character with default game. (Free with purchase)

jett

D-Member
any news of what SP mode it has? I know it doesn't have Evo's quest mdoe, but I hope AT LEAST it has a Kumite mode where you go through several rankings. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Awesome. I wasn't expecting this until late summer/August, so it's a pleasant surprise that it's coming so soon. I loved VF4, but I haven't played any iteration of 5 so it's new to me. Will probably buy whichever DLC pack has Lion's stuff in it.

Coxy

oh hell yeah, $15 is a STEAL, how much DLC do I need to buy for us to get Border Break? My Jeffry shall be a pretty pretty princess

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
...but I thought you hate DLC? Are you converting to the other side Fersis?
Yeah i hate it but ... but ... im weak. (Got KOFXIII DLC Characters on day one) and the VF5 FS price tag is the best thing ever.
Oh and im a scrub that loves customization.

Galdelico

I never had the chance to play the arcade game (I mean this FS update) but I played VF5 alot - on both consoles as well - and I remember graphics being more... solid?

Is this washed out and less shiny look of FS coming from the original release or is it a technical compromise in order to fit the game into XBLA/PSN filesize limits?

Or, am I just seeing things? :D

DrDogg

Thats a great price for the game. I'll probably hold off on dlc until a price dtop.
too bad the date is just 1 month before evolution. doesn't give those people who want to enter the side tornament a lot of time to grind out.

Japan will dominate VFFS at Evo. They've been playing the game for two years. Even with an extra month or two it wouldn't matter.

I never had the chance to play the arcade game (I mean this FS update) but I played alot VF5 - also on both consoles - and I remember graphics being more solid.

Is this more whashed out and less shiny look of FS coming from the original release or is it a technical compromise in order to fit the game into XBLA/PSN filesize limits?

Or, am I just seeing things? :D

This is a game built on what's basically PC hardware from 2005. You're probably just remembering the visuals with rose-tinted glasses. It makes sense the game would look dated today.

suck it up Q3 release dates!
June 6 fuck yeah

double-dip for me

as a customize character hater, I am happy that the DLC custom fluff is separate.. The less people I see online with bad taste in customization, the better

alstein

Yeah i hate it but ... but ... im weak. (Got KOFXIII DLC Characters on day one) and the VF5 FS price tag is the best thing ever.
Oh and im a scrub that loves customization.

If you consider FS a full-featured game, getting everything for $45 isn't really DLC compared to $50-60 for a full disc. The full package is still cheaper then KOFXIII without the DLC.

suck it up Q3 release dates!
June 6 fuck yeah

double-dip for me

as a customize character hater, I am happy that the DLC custom fluff is separate.. The less people I see online with bad taste in customization, the better

Well, they made not buying the DLC for you then- as not buying the DLC means you won't see your opponent's costumes either. The reasoning was they needed to do it this way to get under Microsoft's size limits for downloadable games, so the DLC isn't just an unlock key.

:S I hope not, I don't have any faith in this game's netcode.

Have faith. Sega has a good track record. VF5 Vanilla had awesome netcode, I'd say at least on par with SC5, and supposedly Daytona netcode is better, and Sega is using some boosts from that as well.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This is really not coming out on disc anywhere? Not even japan? Darn Segac. Guess I'll miss out! .hack fighting game coming out shortly after may ease the pain but'll never fill the Jacky hole in my heart~

alstein

This is really not coming out on disc anywhere? Not even japan? Darn Segac. Guess I'll miss out! .hack fighting game coming out shortly after may ease the pain but'll never fill the Jacky hole in my heart~

Given how poorly the game did in retail in the US, and how Sega doesn't want to hurt the arcade market in Japan- this made the most sense.

Also, Sega is going hard on digital these days, which makes sense. My worry is what happens then the PSN servers get shut off in a few years? I hope Sega one day puts this out on Steam, or by that point we can emulate , or we get VF6 on PC.

GrayFoxPL

any news of what SP mode it has? I know it doesn't have Evo's quest mdoe, but I hope AT LEAST it has a Kumite mode where you go through several rankings. Anything less would be uncivilized.

They took out quest mode and progression, winning items for paid dlc. For the price I can live with that, though I'd rather pay 60$ for full disc version.

Grinding that vanila Kage.

Top Bottom