• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greatest T.V moment ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

From the ones I saw: Dexter S4's final minutes.

I felt like somebody had punched me, I felt sick for few good hours.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Great another thread with pics, with no indication of what they are from. Sorry GAF I can't name every show from one random picture.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
it was man's greatest achievement televised, so... yeah.

that election night speech was another great moment.

following the speech, with him waving to the crowd while this song played: http://youtu.be/xU0mu-qmy-U

good times.

I cried like a baby that night.

And hugged Brad Pitt.

JGS

Banned
Roz falling down the elevator shaft in LA Law was my first Wat moment

LOST season 3

LOST series finale was great too

Moon landing is so far ahead of everything else.

As for ones that I've witnessed/been alive for, I don't think I'll forget Conan's last Tonight Show

Jarmel

Banned
s03e04-galactica-in-atmosphere.jpg

just kidding; it was pretty awesome though

I would put that up there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Great another thread with pics, with no indication of what they are from. Sorry GAF I can't name every show from one random picture.

In order, the pictures in this thread are:
Some random talk show
MASH Finale
Moon Landing
BSG Finale
Mad Men
Lost S1 Finale
Wrasslin
Eastbound and Down finale
West Wing S2 finale
Lost S3 finale
Sopranos finale
Obama's election
Star Trek TNG S3 finale
Blackader Goes Forth finale
BBC News
Some random episode of Family Guy
Obviously something from Avatar: The Last Airbender
BSG Finale
The Wire

The entire Kenny powers, eastbound and down series is the greatest thing to happen to TV.

Kenny powers is the best character ever! EVER!

Meier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBeM9wftag&feature=share
"Balotelli... Aguero.... OHHHHH OHHHHHH!!!! I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again! So watch it! Drink it in! They've just heard the news at The Stadium of Light! Two goals in added time for Manchester City to snatch the title away from Manchester United. STUPENDOUS!"

"The greatest moment I've seen in Premier League football. UNBELIEVABLE!"

This video recapping Paul Merson's reaction is a close second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7B9ERbqdY&feature=share

OH MY GOD! I've never seen anything like this, it's gone mad! Mancini's on the pitch running around. They're all cuddling each other, they've got love bites and everything! Oh my what a goal by Aguero, he gets the ball so cool. Oh they're all cuddling each other. Jim I've played in a league championship with drama, nothing like this. Unbelievable. 3-2."

MisterHero

The most horrific but in terms of BIG moments in modern history, nothing matches this

aSuly.jpg
Holy shit, yeah.

I didn't see the exact moment live, but IIRC The Today Show was doing a segment with Al Roker with the outdoors audience and then the first plane hit. He wasn't in the camera frame but Al Roker's audible reaction was horrifying

I can't find that clip though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom