• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

watershed

Banned
This game looks like it could be a ton of fun. Why did Nintendo choose NOT to highlight this game during their conference? An original IP with crossover appeal made by a well respected developer? Let's not talk about it.

botty

Banned
This game looks like it could be a ton of fun. Why did Nintendo choose NOT to highlight this game during their conference? An original IP with crossover appeal made by a well respected developer? Let's not talk about it.

Reggie specifically said they only wanted to discuss launch/launch window games.

MYE

The game still got shit in its post-conference reveal because it wasnt a million dollar, realistic/cinematic third person shooter. Not very good ammo for the graphics e-penis race, you see?

I can only assume it would've been worse during the actual conference. I mean, Kamiya actually got angry tweets because of how it looked ffs.

Penguin

Yeah, and people still mock the trailer.

But I think the most obvious reason, is that from a first look, it looks just like Pikmin, and it has been mentioned in almost every video about the game.

But it plays nothing like the game, at all, really.

Air

Banned
That new video is great. I'm hyped. Makes sense that the jell-o functions as a deflector. And I like how you switch to the tablet when you go inside areas.

iavi

The color palette is nice but the robot designs are really generic. That's my only beef with it.

The game looks heavily inspired by "Toy Story," aesthetically speaking. Down to the toybox-ish nature of the environment, the little action figures, and generic robots/suits. I find it intentional, so I don't find it to be a detrimental generic. Funny how that works out.

It really is the next Joe and Okami, both were directed and produced by Kamiya and Inaba respectively.

This is their style; over the top/colorful action. Can't wait to see more!

I'm only disappointed with the isometric angle, but from the way the city breaks up like that, it seems to be an appropriate view to see everything, and the "weaker" graphics is compensated for the massive terrain destruction and all the action going on, it's like virtually anything can happen! :D

zroid

Banned
Reading the first 10 or so pages of this thread was depressing. :(

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

yes :/

TeegsD

Finally got around to seeing footage on this game and I'm already in love. Will definitely pick this up. Multiplayer looks nuts but how will the powers work for those without wiipads? Just draw circles using wiimote?

Finally got around to seeing footage on this game and I'm already in love. Will definitely pick this up. Multiplayer looks nuts but how will the powers work for those without wiipads? Just draw circles using wiimote?

In one of the gameplay videos, they explain that you can draw shapes using the sticks.

Neiteio

You can use the right stick to activate the transformations. Rotate a circle to make the fist, flick up to make a line and form the sword, flick up and then right to make a right angle and form the gun, and so on.

Huh. Was the four player stuff shown in other videos? At around 1:48-1:49 there's a short bit of multiplayer.
That's actually a snippet from the official trailer, which had 20 seconds of four-player co-op footage, though oddly Nintendo is currently labeling this game as single-player. You can see the official trailer HERE.

Gbraga

Kamiya always delivers, people were actually talking trash about it even after they said it was a game by Kamiya? Really?

Holy crap this is by far the kiddiest offering Nintendo has ever had.

Nintendo is seriously misjudging the marketing, they are screwed....

Looks uhhh...not good.

HAHAhahaha

That looks fun, but please let it not be what Kamiya's working on.

So that seems to confirm it: Wii U as powerful as Wii.

I hope this shit is a joke.

Yawn.

Platinum Games probably only has their D team working on this. :lol

Sorry, hard to get excited when there's Metal Gear Rising, Anarchy Reigns and whatever Kamiya is working on involved.

Its awful holy shit. You get Platinum Games and make them do this?

LMAO. Its horrible. Not even Platinum Games takes Wii U seriously.

High res Gamecube game.

Get the fuck out of here Nintendo.

Hoping this isn't what Kamiya's working on. It looks like it'll be fun, but he can do better than this (and deserves a better budget).

looks like a $5 app I'd get on ipad.

Ehhh...Those graphics look, um.

Looks awesome!

But those graphics...yuck...

And the disappointment continues....

Cool. More reasons not to buy a Wii U.

Well Nintendo has cemented yet another generation appealing to the 4-14 crowd, casuals and the fanboys who used to love them when they were 4-14 - despite once again claiming to want to grow a more mature audience.

Holy hell, even this was disappointing :lol

I hope this shit is a joke.

This looks like a waste of Platinum's talents to be honest, anyone could've made this.

WTF is this?
Even Platinum disappoints...

THIS IS WHAT KAMIYA WAS WORKING ON?!!?

Nooooooooooooooooooooo =\

THIS IS KAMIYA'S GAME?!?!?

WHAT?

NOT LIKE THIS

Fuck. This is Kamiya's game. Talk about a huge disappointment.

Kamiya directing? Okay, scratch that, this IS what Platinum Games has been working on since Bayonetta 2 was cancelled. A quick rough project to keep themselves in business.

Really? This is Kamiya's next big thing? Fuck sake I couldn't be more annoyed right now. *bitter tears*

What a waste.

Did Nintendo give you a $2 budget Kamiya?

Lol wtf? This looks terrible.

Wii U keeps depressing me. I still have not seen one thing besides Pikmin 3 that interests me on it.

For the ages.

Wow that's some blind hatin'

Game looks fucking rad.. Nintendo's e3 was awful, which is where I think a lot of the vitriol arose, but this was a pleasant surprise when I finally got around to checking out all the media. It not only looks new, it looks very very fun!

Watched the video and saw them talking about possible co-op. I wonder how it would be if one guy used the pad to control the characters, and had a friend use a wiimote to draw the swords, fists, ladders, etc.

AzaK

For the ages.

Is it a coincidence that apart from Shiggy I don't recall seeing any of those other names posting in any of the billion Speculation threads?

Game looks like a lot of fun. I really hope that the
wall climbing and bridge building
stuff can be used wherever you want so you can explore the areas.

Neiteio

Watched the video and saw them talking about possible co-op. I wonder how it would be if one guy used the pad to control the characters, and had a friend use a wiimote to draw the swords, fists, ladders, etc.
In which video do "they" talk about possible co-op?

Neiteio

how many times do I have to explain to you that what Inaba says is more accurate than the stupid website
Not to mention, Nintendo's site actually says "launch window" -- which according to Reggie in that IGN interview could be as late as April.

Top Bottom