• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Tales of Destiny remake for PS2

jarrod said:
Destiny remake is obviously Team Destiny, PSP ports of Phantasia/Destiny II are likely the small porting team who handled Phantasia Advance/Etermia Portable.

No idea about Tempest at this point... I'm leaning towards Namco internally now, with Team Destiny obviously busy. I think Radiant Mythology might be Team Symphonia too, I doubt it's Alfa System like Narikiri Dungeon 1-3.

Radiant mythology is alfa system, their logo is on the homepage

john tv

ethelred said:
Rogue Galaxy isn't going to do too much to Tales -- I don't expect it'll be doing all that dramatically well, honestly. Good RPG sales, but nothing exceptional. FFXII, on the other hand...

Rogue and Tales won't be going head-to-head, according to EBGames:

Rogue Galaxy
Pre-Release
Ships 1/30/07

ethelred

john tv said:
Rogue and Tales won't be going head-to-head, according to EBGames:

Rogue Galaxy
Pre-Release
Ships 1/30/07

Ouch. That's quite a delay.

All those "Super Fall/Winter RPG Heaven!" threads just took a major blow.

disco

Having not played Tales of Destiny, am i the only one concerned about what, and where Tales of the Voice is heading? If it's out this year, i doubt DS and Wii, i get the impression Namco don't really care about the Wii. PS3 anyone?

(360? :lol)

Ok... so PSP has Tales of Eternia released, and Phatasia, Radiant Mythology, AND Destiny II coming in the future? (I just learned about Destiny II... geez Namco)

Manaka

The battle system looks awesome²
Hopefully I'll be able to pull off some crazy stuff as shown in the video ^^

If I remember correctly, ToD2's system is the fastest
- now with the aerial combos added this very well could be a real challenge

pancakesandsex said:
Radiant mythology is alfa system, their logo is on the homepage
Phew, that sounds better (for TS to be working on next-gen entry already). Summary...

· Tales of Phatansia: Full Voice Edition (PSP) - September 2006 - Namco Tales Studio PORT Team
· Tales of the Tempest (NDS) - October 2006 - Namco Internal Team
· Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP) - November/December 2006 - Alfa System
· Tales of Destiny Remake (PS2) - December 2006 - Namco Tales Studio Team Destiny
· Tales of Destiny 2 (PSP) - 2007 (March?) - Namco Tales Studio PORT Team

Team Symphonia free hands....next-gen entry in progress, believe!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ethelred said:
Ouch. That's quite a delay.

All those "Super Fall/Winter RPG Heaven!" threads just took a major blow.
what major blow?

Final Fantasy 12
Devil Summoner
Valkyrie Profile 2
Tales of the Abyss
Final Fantasy 3

err.... major blow?

Well, jan/feb is still winter as someone already said, but I don't think Rogue Galaxy will miss xmas period. Yakuza/Rogue/Abyss were released in 2 weeks in japan, they should all come at the same time.

1 f*cking year. Seriously, neither SEGA nor SONY nor NAMCO can make a release without a ****ing year delay?

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Team Symphonia free hands....new-gen entry in progress, believe!
fix'd! :p

Though maybe Team Symphonia's handling Tempest? I dunno, it has all the earmarks of Team Destiny but I doubt they have the manpower to handle both it and Destiny II... Namco internal would be the other option but I think Team Legendia was dispersed back into Namco (likely making Soul Calibur 4 now)... I've no idea who's really making Tempest actually. :/

ethelred

Amir0x said:
1/30/07 counts as winter still :)

But not of 2006!

Error2k4 said:
what major blow?

Final Fantasy 12
Devil Summoner
Valkyrie Profile 2
Tales of the Abyss
Final Fantasy 3

err.... major blow?

I didn't say the fall/winter aren't still going to be phenomenal for RPGs, but Rogue Galaxy was definitely a big one.

MrDaravon

Apparently one of the writers of the Rogue Galaxy guide said that the 1/30 delay gives them more time to write the guide, so it looks like it might be legit.

Also it looks like pretty much everyone except Namco's website has Tales of the Abyss in December now.

jarrod said:
fix'd! :p

Though maybe Team Symphonia's handling Tempest? I dunno, it has all the earmarks of Team Destiny but I doubt they have the manpower to handle both it and Destiny II... Namco internal would be the other option but I think Team Legendia was dispersed back into Namco (likely making Soul Calibur 4 now)... I've no idea who's really making Tempest actually. :/
Well, seems NTS is pretty busy nowadays, and also seems Namco is really pushing the series and the team...I hope it doesn't hurt its numbers to have so many active projects.

I didn't get the fix...care to explain? ^.^u

EDIT: Oh wait now I (think I) do....:lol no matter the console, I don't think they will put up a really next-gen title, would they? :D (looks at tod in psx and tod2 in ps2)

Top Bottom