• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct EU] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy demo now available

Effect

We got Kingdom Hearts instead. Which is weird because Theatrhythm comes out first on July 3rd. Kingdom Hearts comes out at the end of July on the 31st. We should have gotten a Theatrhythm demo.

Robin64

Stuck in an airport waiting lounge that doesn't have free WiFi (I know, what the hell?), so downloading via my iPhone over 3G.

Been HYPED for this game, a demo is awesome news.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
We got Kingdom Hearts instead. Which is weird because Theatrhythm comes out first on July 3rd. Kingdom Hearts comes out at the end of July on the 31st. We should have gotten a Theatrhythm demo.

Fucking lame. Who gives a fuck about KH? I want Theatrhythm!

Robin64

Demo comes with two songs.

The Battle song is The Man with the Machine Gun from FFVIII.
The Field song is Sunleth Waterscape from FFXIII.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Demo comes with two songs.

The Battle song is The Man with the Machine Gun from FFVIII.
The Field song is Sunleth Waterscape from FFXIII.

Not a big fan of either song choice (not super familiar with them) but I'd take in a second if I could. :/

Come on now NA

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Same songs in the JP version.

The E3 demo was the full game I think...
I played Suteki da ne and Ronfaure... it seriously made me want to cry it was so good.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I played this at E3. It's so good... ;-;

Considering music is the one thing that Square Enix is doing just fine in these days.. I really think a rhythm game is the perfect Final Fantasy product for our era :)

Heropon

I've tried it, July 6th can't come soon enough!

EDIT: Maybe I'm bad at this, but I get destroyed on the hardest difficulty.

Considering music is the one thing that Square Enix is doing just fine in these days.. I really think a rhythm game is the perfect Final Fantasy product for our era :)

Hey now, they still know how to make pretty visuals.

But yeah, cannot wait to play this. Between this and KH3D, It's so weird to see an SE spin-off that doesn't feel like a disappointing cash-in.

Beth Cyra

Man With a Machine Gun was a great choice. Loved that track. I actually decided not to play it till I got the full thing from Amazon though, but it sucks other NA's can't try it out.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I went trying this thinking KH was the DEMO that would make my day, I was wrong. Theatrhythm seems absolutely fun and original, can't wait to play more of it. The only bad side? I'm really bad with rhythm games!

Jintor

Man. This is... this is pretty damn good. Different to Osu! but just as addictive, possibly even more Frenetic.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah. I really love it and glad that my personal hype for it was redeemed via playing the demo. The thing I love most is that Square Enix could've really fucked this up, but they hit the ball out of the park and over the railroad.

Aced the first two difficulties on both songs, but Ultimate difficulty was intense. And I'm not ashamed to state that this is one game that I am going to break the wallet for DLC. Looking forward to the full game.

Now all I ask for is a Dragon Quest-inspired release.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yeah. I really love it and glad that my personal hype for it was redeemed via playing the demo. The thing I love most is that Square Enix could've really fucked this up, but they hit the ball out of the park and over the railroad.

Aced the first two difficulties on both songs, but Ultimate difficulty was intense. And I'm not ashamed to state that this is one game that I am going to break the wallet for DLC. Looking forward to the full game.

Now all I ask for is a Dragon Quest-inspired release.

They did say they wanted to do followup games based on DQ/SaGa, let's hope they follow through.

Gosh, I wish this game was just a little cheaper. I swear I will buy a bunch of your DLC, SE, but don't make pay 40 bucks for the main game.

Top Bottom