• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nando13

You should watch the Assassin's Creed panel.

"Is Desmond (the main character) in it?"

The people giving the answers actually looked at each other and started laughing at that one. Situations like that one happened more than once during that panel.

Is there multiplayer in AC3?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, I think they may have slipped up a little in regard to spartan ops. When Josh Holmes is talking about Thomas Laskey he
uses him in the past tense at one point and Frank begins to shoot him a glare, then he corrects himself and returns to the present tense, perhaps Laskey is one of the people who die in Spartan Ops

I'm hesitant to celebrate, because historically it's hard to maintain a high quality bar on that volume of content. If they pull it off, it will be something very special. Right now my hopes are calibrated to hope for a fun story through the series, and a handful of very replayable gems.

I'm used to Reach which has ten Firefight maps and ~3-4 good ones.

(please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships please fix the drop ships )

Pretty understandable.

My biggest worry is the netcode.

I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I usually have people nearby to play with.

But I would still want a better netcode.

This is my biggest concern with coop as well.

B wzy

Neo Member
I'm still digging through the panel vid. I like the new Officer uniform Lasky will potentially be sporting, except the spinal thing that is really similar to Dead Space. Additionally, CDR Palmer's visor confirms blue if not already announced.

I love how when the guy was giving his life story, the bronze Spartan with the Pilot helmet/gigantic turret started calibrating something on his helmet out of boredom and irritation.

a zoojoo

Banned
I'm still digging through the panel vid. I like the new Officer uniform Lasky will potentially be sporting, except the spinal thing that is really similar to Dead Space. Additionally, CDR Palmer's visor confirms blue if not already announced.

timemark please?

zap

I don't think there's any harm in sharing this. We, as designers, deterine whether or not phantoms shoot or not.

Some of the ones in my missions do, some don't. :)

Seeing as we had to sit through some terrible questions for these panels, can you answer what the netcode for Spartan Ops is? Is it like Reach FF (synchronous) or more like multiplayer?

Computron

fps-fLAG.gif

TPS-Flag.gif

Animation glitch as you come back to first person,
spartan confuses how to hold flag with pistol.

oddball.gif

Throwing the skull is a cool idea.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Sigh. Thanks for pointing that out. Our awesome animation team literally put this in a special build 3 days before the panel. What you're seeing is the Spartan going into an idle anim instead of a transition. The guys were nice enough to let me use the video despite that glitch. Rest assured it will be more awesome when fully implemented.

like I said you have to arch them decently now, grenade throwing is not that easy anymore, at first I hated it but now I actually really enjoy it.

Sorry should've been more specific - I was referring to the strength of the throw, the power you put behind it.

Halo 1 was like a pro quarterback lol
Halo 2 was like a kid throwing it (compared to H1 so at first it felt significantly weaker)

a zoojoo

Banned
http://i.minus.com/d5HNYiw9ncLqZ/fps-fLAG.gif[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/db8kGSjD69TXR/TPS-Flag.gif[IMG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/d7GRfLhQr2QZK/oddball.gif[/IMG
Throwing the skull is a cool idea.[/QUOTE]

I feel bad that you went through all that work with the potato cam, only for them to release a higher quality video. lol

[quote="kylej, post: 39909399"]in those gifs it looks like you move at normal speed while holding the flag...[/QUOTE]

Work in progress dude. The video was made to show the assassinations, not the nity-grity details of the gametype it was based on. I'm sure they'll slow it down in the final build.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sigh. Thanks for pointing that out. Our awesome animation team literally put this in a special build 3 days before the panel. What you're seeing is the Spartan going into an idle anim instead of a transition. The guys were nice enough to let me use the video despite that glitch. Rest assured it will be more awesome when fully implemented.
I think anyone who saw the video noticed it.

We also saw the Work in Progress at the bottom. :)

Pretty amazing that the youngest-sounding person at the Q&A asked a legitimate question (How will balance be handled now that there are all sorts of level-based unlockables?).

I work in Sarasota, live in Bradenton right next to it.

WHAT THE FUCK THAT'S WHERE YOU AND ZOOJOO ARE

I've got family down in Sarasota! Reach LAN party when I head down there in a few weeks y/n/m

(That or zoojoo and I team up in person to take care of a tournament match)

a zoojoo

Banned
Pretty amazing that the youngest-sounding person at the Q&A asked a legitimate question (How will balance be handled now that there are all sorts of level-based unlockables?).

WHAT THE FUCK THAT'S WHERE YOU AND ZOOJOO ARE

I've got family down in Sarasota! Reach LAN party when I head down there in a few weeks y/n/m

(That or zoojoo and I team up in person to take care of a tournament match)

maybe. you wouldn't want to hang out with a snot nosed kid like me :p
maybe we can get frankie to come and we can have a Florida/HaloGAF party

Just out of curiosity, who is going to Star Wars Celebration VI?

So, I think they may have slipped up a little in regard to spartan ops. When Josh Holmes is talking about Thomas Laskey he
uses him in the past tense at one point and Frank begins to shoot him a glare, then he corrects himself and returns to the present tense, perhaps Laskey is one of the people who die in Spartan Ops

Pretty understandable.

This is my biggest concern with coop as well.

Yes I do believe you're right about that. An interview I remember you guys brought up about Josh confirming that some UNSC Infinity crew will die and Frank replies with "Dude?!", as Josh proceeds saying, "Don't get too attached."

Vire

If Spartan Ops maintains the quality shown in that first mission...I think I will die happy.

50 missions of that? Holy Poo Poo! It'd be interesting to find out which levels David worked on.

Watching the panel now. I still think it's weird that you evaporate into dust after the assassinations. Especially after how much you guys were emphasizing "story" in the multiplayer.

Also, Adrift looks strange in that video... new skybox?

CyReN

They should fix Reach before they release a new product. IMO.

Look at it like this, they basically got a messed up child dropped on their porch, yea take care of it the best you can but put all your focus on your own child success. We wouldn't have these issues to begin with if Reach wasn't as messed up as it was from Bungie.

Computron

Cool. I was reading the Reach Animation Presentation and it seemed like you guys had this exact problem figured out way back then so I understand this is one of those temp problems that you guys just need to get around to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom