• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

SAO #4

soa4.jpg

Though in her defense, she is new to this sort of thing. The game mechanics are still dumb, particularly
why they made it beneficial to kill other people
, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief if that makes our protagonist more bearable. It's actually pretty well directed for your average standalone episode.

A heavy dose of character development, characters that weren't grating (the typical covering of skirts was actually kind of refreshing since the previous episodes were all srs bsnss), the two joke characters from the first episode made a return, gender equality (seriously the male-female ratio was 50-50 when they were in the garden and it's supposed to be floor 47).

I'm starting to get that, like has been pointed out by LN readers, it's not about Kirito's progression. It's about these random escapades to help people out and whatnot, and that in these story arcs, the characters get to shine. I like this episodic style. It's sort of like Darker than Black in that regard. I've yet to see the similarity between Kirito and Kei, but I suppose he wasn't the worst this week. For now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
What about a young male in distress?

"I hope we see more of him soon, hopefully he'll tag along with Kirito and become stronger over the course of the show. Here's hoping something develops between the two while that occurs."

#DTL

Couldn't resist.

Cwarrior

I cannot endorse an anime top 10 list that does not have Monster.

That's been on my backlog for years,I have far too much on my plate to tackle that any time soon.

right now backlog looks like this

1.Trigun(on episode 3)
2.Hellsing
3.one outs
4.monster

due to the long length of it I pushed it down to the bottom of my backlog.

Taruranto

Now and Then, Here and There - 02

8HxE8l.jpg

Uh, they already explained
who the mysterious girl is and the pendant purpose
, i definitely didn't expect it to be explained so soon.

What about a young male in distress?

That would be a great character. It would lead to one of those friendship scenes where the two characters start blushing and acting all embarrassed to say "Im sorry" and "thanks", and then both tag along for the future. Additional he would actually have good skills and defeat opponents later on helping out the other character, so it would be a great team.

I cant see Silica ever being an actually good asset to be used by Kirito.

Firemind

That would be a good character. It would lead to one of those friendship scenes where the two characters start blushing and acting all embarrassed to say "Im sorry" and "thanks", and then both tag along for the future. Additional he would actually have good skills and defeat opponents later on helping out the other character, so it would be a great team.

But Kirito just wants to be loved. Can an effeminate boy truly love him? (Don't answer this.)

Lurky

That would be a great character. It would lead to one of those friendship scenes where the two characters start blushing and acting all embarrassed to say "Im sorry" and "thanks", and then both tag along for the future. Additional he would actually have good skills and defeat opponents later on helping out the other character, so it would be a great team.

I dunno man. If you squint really hard and use your imagination, she could be a guy. She's just a lot more moe.

cajunator

Banned
Just the fact that she is damn cute makes her awesome.

Well yes of course.

That would be a good character. It would lead to one of those friendship scenes where the two characters start blushing and acting all embarrassed to say "Im sorry" and "thanks", and then both tag along for the future. Additional he would actually have good skills and defeat opponents later on helping out the other character, so it would be a great team.

I did't see this exact response coming.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 17

Well Aomine was the best player in the Generation of Miracles for a reason. From the previews
it looks like Aomine is going to destroy them.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

"I hope we see more of him soon, hopefully he'll tag along with Kirito and become stronger over the course of the show. Here's hoping something develops between the two while that occurs."

#DTL

Couldn't resist.

tumblr_lzb5db8VU41roq6zqo1_250.gif

Dropped Eureka Seven:AO, Muv Luv, and Tari Tari.

Summer has been very disappointing, I can't get into Eureka Seven
ever since Naru NTR'd Ao, I just can't like it.

Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox 4
YTFZT.png

She sure likes to talk about his throbbing energy.
Fetish the episode. Chizuru finds a bunny outfit in hopes to get loser boy to love her, but it ends up being a cursed, and there's no priest in the schoool, so she has to go to class like dressed like that. The suit is obviously more sinister than that, and starts transforming peoples uniforms into sexy fetish costumes, but in the end, Chizuru is saved thanks to loser boy. Fun episode if I do say so myself.
17unZ.png

How un-Japanese of her!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I haven't dropped a single show from this Summer season, since I've only watched two shows this season lulz.

I'm sure if I attempted to watch more, I'd be dropping stuff.

Taruranto

Now and Then, Here and There - 03

h6a8J.jpg

I dunno... it's good, but sometimes i feel it's being grimdark for the sake of being grimdark. Like the
implied rape scene
, i'm not sure what was its purpose.

cajunator

Banned
Now and Then, Here and There - 03

h6a8J.jpg

I dunno... it's good, but sometimes i feel it's being grimdark for the sake of being grimdark. Like the
implied rape scene
, i'm not sure what was its purpose.

The show is very uneven.
As much as I am a fan of it I will admit to that.

Star Driver 8
tumblr_m7wd6bK1qp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Confusing and conflicting at first but by the end I have to put it up as one of my favorite of the episodes so far.
Ill actually miss the caged girl, her song was really always good too hear, eight episodes in a row. For Takuto and Sugata it seemed at first as if they would be enemies but Im guessing the other girl was kind of controlling him and Sugata knew this so led it to a situation where him and Takuto would have to fight. Pretty ingenious plan that had me fooled until the end there with all the cool cybody action and that fist attack

I dont think the forty or so second Takuto Sugata breathing scene was that bad as that the stuff in zero time seemed to have action at a higher level than what the other characters brought to the table.
Friendship renewed

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A show is truly doomed when Cajunator is jumping ship.

Good thing Silver Link has a truly impeccable track record, so this poor piece of promotional work is not reflective of the show as a whole. I'm sure it'll be fine
:(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You dropped Tari Tari? Why?
I dropped it too. It's just...really bland and not particularly interesting in a way that fails to mentally stimulate me on any level. I'm more surprised that it really reaches anyone as I don't see the cross section fans of Glee and fans of generic anime being very big.

Sword Art Online 4

And this is why I am not a fan of non-linear story-telling. I figured this would be a normal quest kind of show, but now it seems like it will be a series of one-offs that don't really do much to further the overarching plot. I'm hoping that changes next episode what with Kirito going back to the front lines, but that doesn't change the shitton of stuff that got skipped.

Kirito was badass at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom