• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite delayed (February 26th, 2013)

Elios83

Really disappointing, also I don't believe in the "we want to make the game better" especially considering that the release date has been announced just two months ago in first place. They had to know in March what could be improved and what not.
So yeah, it has to be a delay for competitive reasons, worst case they don't want sales to be cannibalized by the COD-AC combo, best case GTAV is coming this year. But probably it's just the former.........

Fjordson

Why are so many people taking this delay as a hint pointing to an October GTA5 release? Honest question.
Take-Two affiliation, plus previous rumours of an October release.

Mostly wishful speculation, though. I still feel like it won't come out until next year.

This was one of my highly anticipated games of 2012, holy shit.

2013?! Fucking hell...

Please don't delay Borderlands 2 as well! D:

Jharp

Didn't know about this until this morning when I got an email from Amazon telling me that my preorder's release date was changed by the publisher. It didn't say BioShock Infinite in the email title, and with Max Payne 3 and Diablo 3 both coming out on Tuesday, that's where my mind went immediately. I nearly shit myself.

Anyways, this is actually a blessing in disguise for me. Much as I wish I could play the game as soon as possible and it sucks for everyone else- I'm happy to have one less game to play this Fall.

SomeDude

Banned
I wonder if Ken Levine will do a video game about israel and palestine? I wonder what his opinion is on that situation?

That's cool with me, just started playing the first one and have the second one on order + huge backlog I should have plenty of shit to play.
Made a promise to myself that I would not buy new games untill I clear most of my backlog

Now what's the frontrunner for GOTY 2012?

Kid_Icarus-Uprising_logo.jpg

They game is probably at the point in the dev cycle where there's not much direction needed. I'd assume they're just on polish and bug patrol and any senior guys would be working pre production on their next title.

edit - meant for the new thread

PBalfredo

Add me to the list of those who is just fine with this news. October is too crowded as it is. Now I can take my time with Resident Evil 6 and Dishonored. Let them take the time to polish up Bioshock Infinite. I want that game to be as good as it can when it's released.

Gustav

Banned
I heard a lot of murmurs that Infinite is very ambitious and the team is very hard at work to reach the goals they have set for themselves.

Top Bottom