• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Offseason Thread: All Longhorn Network, All The Time*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACC: Va Tech
-Coastal: Va Tech
-Atlantic: Clemson

Big 12: Oklahoma

B1G: Wisconsin
-Leaders: Wisconsin
-Legends: Michigan

Big East: Louisville

PAC12: USC
-North: Oregon
-South: USC

SEC: South Carolina
-East: South Carolina
-West: Alabama

BCS Game: USC v. Oklahoma
Winner: USC

USC! USC! USC! Bless you sir

Storm Klein our MLB has been reinstated after the charges of him beating his babys mom were reduced. Although he is still suspended until game 3. Doubt he sees the field much missing all of fall practice.

cdyhybrid

Storm Klein our MLB has been reinstated after the charges of him beating his babys mom were reduced. Although he is still suspended until game 3. Doubt he sees the field much missing all of fall practice.

You guys are screwed. Missing him for Miami OH and UCF? Season over.

KingGondo

Banned
Who is going to run for Iowa? Seriously?

Also, I can only use this for another week.
11%2520-%25201.jpg
:(

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
1 week. 1 week until a new era is ushered in at Washington State University. I could not be more excited for it! The amount of coverage we have had on ESPN and the Internet because of Leach has been amazing. If he can lead us to victory next Thursday on ESPN in front of a national television audience, we will be going to a bowl game. Please football gods, please let us win this game.

I wonder how this new Head Coach for Fresno State will be. He was the interim coach for Texas A&M last year, but they didn't keep him so I'm kind of worried. Though they did win their bowl game with him as head coach. As if that means anything.

andycapps

Connor Shaw left USCe practice yesterday with back spasms. Never a good sign a week away from your first game.

Mizzou is patching together their o-line after losing another lineman to injury. They were down 1 starter already for the season, then this (not sure of extent of injury yet). Their top backup at offensive tackle is also out for the season. So their 2 deep lineup is down 2 players, and a 3rd is out for at least some period of time. A 4th was out for the first 2 weeks of camp with an injury.

In what should surprise nobody, it looks like Georgia is preparing for Mizzou already, despite them playing Buffalo in their first game next week. Richt slipped and said a true frosh QB on the scout team gives them a good look at Franklin, since he's a dual threat QB. Problem is that Franklin is not the QB on Buffalo, but the QB on Mizzou.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This new video board is going to be amazing

3coEdl.jpg

Make sure you get the proper season tickets, don't want to pick up a nasty case of CANCER.

Alabama's 4 screens are an interesting idea, and are neat to watch if you're near one of them, but I do think the stadium's missing out on the "gigantic screen" phenomenon.

KingGondo

Banned
Having seen Texas' Godzillatron in person, it'll take a lot to impress me.

Unfortunately, the Boone Bowl doesn't have a natural place to fit a gigantic screen, so we have 3 smaller ones.

impirius

What is that, like 3, maybe 4 inches across? Big fucking whoop.
pgu7mgb5.gif

Make sure you get the proper season tickets, don't want to pick up a nasty case of CANCER.

Alabama's 4 screens are an interesting idea, and are neat to watch if you're near one of them, but I do think the stadium's missing out on the "gigantic screen" phenomenon.
You could always just rent a helicopter to hover over midfield with a giant screen, JerryWorld-style.

Thing with all these new HD jumbotrons is that they are usually replacing both a scoreboard and a video replay board, and the whole thing is almost never used for replays. That's how it is at FSU and from what I've read most other schools are doing the same thing.

Lonestar

Thing with all these new HD jumbotrons is that they are usually replacing both a scoreboard and a video replay board, and the whole thing is almost never used for replays. That's how it is at FSU and from what I've read most other schools are doing the same thing.

I want to say that Alabama's 4 screens are split. 2 Screens are the scoreboard/info board, the other 2 are replay boards. Then there's the ribbon screen along both sides of the main stands, those are for other game scores.

Our's has always been on one since the renovation in 2001. The scoreboard part is just a tiny part at the bottom while the rest they show replays, dumb cartoon animations, commercials, player pictures, etc.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Colorado probably won't go any bigger than we have. It's a think to be able to see the Flatirons in the background in the stadium.

Oh and our program doesn't warrant it.

Lonestar

You picked Mizzou before? That's ballsy.

Was going for the east not being able to handle the unknown. Mizzou is the better of the 2 new teams, and everyone else in the East has issues. Not crippling issues, but issues.

But now that Mizzou has Bob Connollyitis, can't choose them.

andycapps

Was going for the east not being able to handle the unknown. Mizzou is the better of the 2 new teams, and everyone else in the East has issues. Not crippling issues, but issues.

But now that Mizzou has Bob Connollyitis, can't choose them.

Fair enough.. Yeah OL issues in the SEC is not a good thing when you're going up against stout defenses. I was worried about ours after we lost a lot of guys to the NFL, but we've got some good depth there and I think we may actually be better than last year on the OL. Wouldn't take much to improve beyond that, though Murray tended to stay in the pocket for too long, which caused some key fumbles and sacks. I still have nightmares of that USCe scoop and score.

andycapps

Yeah it was. People are picking us to handily beat Mizzou. US!

Really? I think you guys may be slightly improved, but I would still probably expect Mizzou to finish 3rd in the East, maybe 2nd. BTW, what is the state on the team of players leaving and dropping their commitments. The Gatas seem to be losing players right and left due to transfers, and players dropping commitments every few days. Maybe it's just perception, so I'm curious if that's the reality.

Meier

Since someone posted a Mugatu image in here, I have to post the Liverpool away shirt for this season. It's like his top but in reverse.

liverpool-away-shirt-2012-2013.jpg

So bad. :lol

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. Although the Big East is so up for grabs. UL is as good a guess as any. Hope you're wrong about the outcome of the Pac-12 Championship game, but you are probably not

Ours is only fully used during team entrance for the cheesy (but fucking AWESOME!) hype video.

It's used for replays, but not the whole screen, because 1/3rd of it is reserved for a Taco Bell ad. Damn thing is probably burned into the screen at this point.

cashman

Banned
Ok list is updated again, check your picks to make sure I didnt miss you or miss one of your pics. Some of you have some blank spots because you didnt get me one or it was wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoCjjUJu6yrHdGNaR2M0SV9GSTh2WVA0ak90OXhUYWc&output=html

hmm, we're going to keep track of these picks. I'll give it a shot then.

-Atlantic: Florida State

Big 12: Texas

Big East: Rutgers (<3 u sirpopopopopopopopopop)

SEC: LSU
-West: LSU

BCS Game: USC v. LSU

hmm, we're going to keep track of these picks. I'll give it a shot then.

-Atlantic: Florida State

Big 12: Texas

Big East: Rutgers (<3 u sirpopopopopopopopopop)

SEC: LSU
-West: LSU

BCS Game: USC v. LSU

Yes, we're keep track of these! It's a competition! And there will be a winner!

Ours is only fully used during team entrance for the cheesy (but fucking AWESOME!) hype video.

It's used for replays, but not the whole screen, because 1/3rd of it is reserved for a Taco Bell ad. Damn thing is probably burned into the screen at this point.

Is it still this? Because if so you guys need to get a new graphics department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abhez92rNvI

Guys need to hire the Alaska guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cYcRotufU

Really? I think you guys may be slightly improved, but I would still probably expect Mizzou to finish 3rd in the East, maybe 2nd. BTW, what is the state on the team of players leaving and dropping their commitments. The Gatas seem to be losing players right and left due to transfers, and players dropping commitments every few days. Maybe it's just perception, so I'm curious if that's the reality.

By handily I meant more than a touchdown only, because it's a home game.

The only thing I know for sure about transfers was that Story wasn't going to earn a starting spot and so left the team. There were rumblings about other problems, but I doubt that had much effect. The rest of the transfers are just shaking the tree type stuff, from what I've heard. There were a lot of players without drive/attitude, allegedly, and that led to transfers. Same thing happened under Meyer.

The commitments are another thing. I know Muschamp pulled three offers. Probably academic and attitude related. And it's just hard to recruit with our last three seasons and the uncertainty on offense.

Any way you slice it, it's a lot of turnover. We'll find out how good Muschamp is as a coach if he can pull the team together and crank out 9 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom