• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrell

ibrjFlKEWJQsKW.png

._.

That's not quotes. Japanese people wouldn't be confrontational and take their bile direct to Kamiya, they'd bury it in a message board he won't visit. Show me Japan's NeoGAF (which I've seen someone dig up in times past) and we'll see whether or not it's really any better.

has it been asked on his twitter if TGS would have Bayo2?

I want to see this thing in motion now, this thread won't allow my intrest to die (╯︵╰,)

Forever

Banned
That's not quotes. Japanese people wouldn't be confrontational and take their bile direct to Kamiya, they'd bury it in a message board he won't visit. Show me Japan's NeoGAF (which I've seen someone dig up in times past) and we'll see whether or not it's really any better.

Your best bet for finding something similar would probably on 2ch, though I'm not sure they have the same console war culture over there that we do.

Daschysta

Perhaps people in Japan don't have this ridiculous notion of the Wii U, as some "baby system".

They also aren't graphic crybabies, given their preference for handhelds. Afterall, Nintendo platforms have been dominate in Japan for quite a while, they've seen DQ become Ninty exclusive, MH become Ninty exclusive, doubt Bayonetta bothered them much, many were probably already going to get a Wii-U anyhow.

Didn't it pretty much sell equally in both territories

If you take EU and US as one: No. It sold the most in the US, then Europe.

has it been asked on his twitter if TGS would have Bayo2?

Yes, severaly times. His answer was: Ninja.

Perhaps people in Japan don't have this ridiculous notion of the Wii U, as some "baby system".

Kamiya was also asked if people in japan see Nintendo as "kiddie", too. He said yes.

Your best bet for finding something similar would probably on 2ch, though I'm not sure they have the same console war culture over there that we do.
If it comes down to anime / Idols, they're even more stuipid. Can't say if it's the same with consoles, though.

Terrell

If I could navigate there myself, I wouldn't ask GAF to assist me and post some choice quotes. ;)

And based on some of the ones I've read before, yeah, they've got console warriors there too, man.

If I could navigate there myself, I wouldn't ask GAF to assist me and post some choice quotes. ;)

And based on some of the ones I've read before, yeah, they've got console warriors there too, man.

I don't really expect them to have had a melt down over Bayo2 as the amazing things we have seen from the west. Sure you'll find a few posts if you look for it but if Japan reacted we would have heard about it day 1 they can be just as passionate and crazier on issues

TDLink

This doesn't happen in Japan because they don't have many people over there who perpetuate middle school antics about Nintendo being "for kids" or having "kiddie systems" or Mario not being "hardcore" enough. They also care less about things looking the prettiest and more about things being quirky and fun (which are both two of Nintendo's key objectives, and that is honestly probably why). Nintendo caters primarily to a Japanese audience and their desires because they are a Japanese company. On the flip side most people in Japan don't like most western games. It's really a culture difference. They just typically aren't as rude and antagonistic about it. Death threats to Kamiya really are inexcusable and reflect poorly on the county as a whole.

But hey, Americans are well known as being self-entitled for a reason.

Vinci

Danish
This doesn't happen in Japan because they don't have many people over there who perpetuate middle school antics about Nintendo being "for kids" or having "kiddie systems" or Mario not being "hardcore" enough. They also care less about things looking the prettiest and more about things being quirky and fun (which are both two of their key objectives, and that is honestly probably why). Nintendo caters primarily to a Japanese audience because they are a Japanese company. On the flip side most people in Japan don't like most western games. It's really a culture difference. They just typically aren't as rude and antagonistic about it.

Your post was going along all well and good till you had to toss this shit in there.

TDLink

Your post was going along all well and good till you had to toss this shit in there.

I should note that I say that as both a Canadian and American who travels internationally quite a bit. I feel I am pretty well aware of what most of the world thinks of America in general. Not everyone is like that (it's a generalization) but plenty definitely are and it is evidenced pretty frequently on this forum.

according to some around here Japan is also Nintendo Land owning something like 70% of the market or something.

If you had your Monster Hunter + Dragon Quest + Pokemon on one platform would you complain that Bayonetta is joining them on the same shelf space?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This doesn't happen in Japan because they don't have many people over there who perpetuate middle school antics about Nintendo being "for kids" or having "kiddie systems" or Mario not being "hardcore" enough. They also care less about things looking the prettiest and more about things being quirky and fun (which are both two of Nintendo's key objectives, and that is honestly probably why). Nintendo caters primarily to a Japanese audience and their desires because they are a Japanese company. On the flip side most people in Japan don't like most western games. It's really a culture difference. They just typically aren't as rude and antagonistic about it. Death threats to Kamiya really are inexcusable and reflect poorly on the county as a whole.

I don't know how much you know about Japanese culture etc. etc.

TDLink

I don't know how much you know about Japanese culture etc. etc.

Not enough to be honest. I am not really an Otaku/into Japanese culture past video games (Well, and Gatchaman and Lupin III cause they are hilarious). I have a decent handful of Japanese friends though and a few relatives who live in Japan. But hey, this topic really isn't about me and proving my credentials to give my opinions.

Daschysta

Americans being perceived as arrogant and self-entitled is a commonly recurring theme worldwide, I've traveled quite a bit to various corners of the world, and it isn't difficult to pick up on.

apana

The West has been good to Nintendo, for a long while it looked like Nintendo was the black sheep in Japan whereas Sony and third parties were really the heart of the Japanese home console industry. It is only now because of the currency exchange situation that Nintendo needs to keep Japanese sales extra strong I think. Obviously though they are a Japanese company and they are oriented towards Japan but even then I have always seen them as striving to make games that are universally appealing.

TDLink

The West has been good to Nintendo, for a long while it looked like Nintendo was the black sheep in Japan whereas Sony and third parties were really the heart of the Japanese home console industry. It is only now because of the currency exchange situation that Nintendo needs to keep Japanese sales extra strong I think. Obviously though they are a Japanese company and they are oriented towards Japan but even then I have always seen them as striving to make games that are universally appealing.

Oh absolutely. I strongly believe most of Nintendo's games can be enjoyed by anyone of any age of any culture. That is part of their MO I believe and it works very well in securing them sales. I think their Japanese roots and culture help to shape that vision and consistently deliver on that goal though. I lament the fact that some people decry their titles as childish or easy for having mass appeal or threaten game developers for wanting to work with them.

I am from the US and i cant stand the general attitudes here. Getting on my nerves and choking me out like a non smoker stuck in an elevator with 10 guys puffing on cigars.

Vinci

Danish
I should note that I say that as both a Canadian and American who travels internationally quite a bit. I feel I am pretty well aware of what most of the world thinks of America in general. Not everyone is like that (it's a generalization) but plenty definitely are and it is evidenced pretty frequently on this forum.

I'm more than aware of how the world perceives Americans. I've left the States on many occasions and lived in other countries as well. My point is that you made a great point about how cultural differences have led to the adoption of certain standards from one nation to the next, which is observant and intelligent. Then you toss in this mass generalization that brings your post down to a level of mediocrity it could have easily flown beyond.

TDLink

I'm more than aware of how the world perceives Americans. I've left the States on many occasions and lived in other countries as well. My point is that you made a great point about how cultural differences have led to the adoption of certain standards from one nation to the next, which is observant and intelligent. Then you toss in this mass generalization that brings your post down to a level of mediocrity it could have easily flown beyond.

Well, I try to be observant and intelligent in all of my posts and I can see what you are saying, so point taken. Maybe I should have restrained myself from that pot shot at my fellow countrymen, especially when it is the acts of a few/a vocal minority. The death threat thing in particular just really disturbs me. But you're right, due to them I shouldn't feel embarrassed about the nation, just the few people who carry themselves that way. Unfortunately the rest of the world does perceive them as representative of the entire country and that is the sad truth I was trying to get across in that statement. I could have been less blunt though.

The good news is Bayonetta 2 is going to be an amazingly fun game with great creative vision that we will be able to play thanks to Nintendo. For that I couldn't be more thankful.

Vinci

Danish
Well, I try to be observant and intelligent in all of my posts and I can see what you are saying, so point taken. Maybe I should have restrained myself from that pot shot at my fellow countrymen, especially when it is the acts of a few/a vocal minority. The death threat thing in particular just really disturbs me. But you're right, due to them I shouldn't feel embarrassed about the nation, just the few people who carry themselves that way. Unfortunately the rest of the world does perceive them as representative of the entire country and that is the sad truth I was trying to get across in that statement. I could have been less blunt though.

Well, here's a fact: If you were to look up my posts regarding the people who sent death threats due to the Bayo 2 announcement, you'd learn that I think they're fucking crazy.

No. I don't mean that in the loose sense, 'ha ha they so kooky' - they're nuts. Truly diseased individuals. As I've said many times about this game: If someone has an issue with what has happened, they should direct their ire towards Sony and MS for letting it happen in the first place. Those two companies were content to let Bayonetta 2 never exist. Nintendo stepped up and did something. Platinum Games is the beneficiary of this generous, albeit strategic, maneuver.

I don't know if every death threat came from an American, a Canadian, or a Brit. I don't care. It's easier to just say that anyone who would do that - and I've no illusions that the only crazy fucks capable of doing it are from my home country - is a lunatic in serious need of counseling.

I don't know if every death threat came from an American, a Canadian, or a Brit. I don't care. It's easier to just say that anyone who would do that - and I've no illusions that the only crazy fucks capable of doing it are from my home country - is a lunatic in serious need of counseling.

Or a troll.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Or a troll.

Neh, that still makes them sick. You don't troll death threats, at least not with written words and written in an angry matter.

You can get away with spoken language as sacasm etc is easily discernible. It's like somone sends you a death threat in the post. You don't go eh that guy was probably kidding or trolling for a response. You say that person is a sick and deranged. (though in this case you'd probably call the police, since they know where you live).

ToSur.jpg

You need to be introduced to 2ch.
Or not.

cajunator

Banned
Just picked up Bayonetta360 for £5 in CEX this morning, curious to what all the excitement is about.

Its a very uniquely styled, well balanced, challenging, funny, sexy, and smart beatemup style game. I never got all that far in it, maybe a couple hours because I suck, but it was enough to know that its something special. You can tell that the creators put a lot of love into making it.

Mzo

It's Devil May Cry x100. The games are very similar in structure but Bayonetta steps up the game a few notches and has its own unique style. I wish there were more spiritual sequels like this and less actual sequels.

So, ummm.... surprised that I haven't seen any in here (but at 62/124 pages, there's a lot to sift through), but...

What's Japan's opinion on this news, exactly? I wanna see quotes and see if they're just as ridiculous as the stuff in here, or if they're laughing at how fucking ridiculous we are.

Do Japanese gamers behave as...self-entitled and whiny... as certain western gamers tend to?

Just worth adding that the infamous death threat tweet came from Yokohama, Japan:

https://twitter.com/CNBFTBGB/status...6285810889027584&tw_e=details&tw_p=tweetembed

EDIT: Real charmer he is too, using homophobic hate language and threatening to murder people who question him on his earlier threats.

https://twitter.com/CNBFTBGB/status/246482200864911360
https://twitter.com/CNBFTBGB/status/246432165099884544
https://twitter.com/CNBFTBGB/status/246429180990988288
https://twitter.com/CNBFTBGB/status/246429078264098816
https://twitter.com/CNBFTBGB/status/246479381780905984
https://twitter.com/mark_ceb/status/246391289703182336

He then refers to those calling him out on his abhorrent behavior as "fanboys". Isn't it illegal to threaten to kill someone via Twitter, by the way?

EDIT EDIT - he's lying, he's posting from a USA IP and lying in his personal info saying that he is from Japan.

What about these guys bombarding every Nintendo Dragon Quest game with 1 star troll reviews on Amazon?

Just worth adding that the infamous death threat tweet came from Yokohama, Japan:

https://twitter.com/CNBFTBGB/status...6285810889027584&tw_e=details&tw_p=tweetembed

EDIT: Real charmer he is too, using homophobic hate language and threatening to murder people who question him on his earlier threats.

He then refers to those calling him out on his abhorrent behavior as "fanboys". Isn't it illegal to threaten to kill someone via Twitter, by the way?

It looks as though his IP came from the USA, or am I reading that incorrectly?

ari

Banned
Why do nerds like Japan so much? Real question? Anime and video games seem to go hand and hand for some reason.

When I was stationed in Japan, the American nerds couldn't get enough of that culture.

It looks as though his IP came from the USA, or am I reading that incorrectly?

I was taking his "I live in Yokohama" profile info literally, didn't see the IP address data.

Hmm, you know assuming he isn't using a US proxy or something, I'm probably wrong and he's lying about living in Japan. Difficult to find out for definite without asking him though, and a combination of lacking a twitter account, and a dislike of being targeted with homophobic hate language and death threats, makes me hesitant.

TDLink

As others have pointed out he is from the US. There was this one too, which is even worse since it threatens an entire nation.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/247209898377637888

Sure, whoever it was almost certainly doesn't have nuclear capabilities but the fact that they would wish such a fate on a nation is ridiculously insensitive, even moreso to one that has had to deal with that exact situation in the past. I am glad Kamiya takes it in stride and/or doesn't take it seriously, but that doesn't excuse it.

As others have pointed out he is from the US. There was this one too, which is even worse since it threatens an entire nation.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/247209898377637888

Sure, whoever it was almost certainly doesn't have nuclear capabilities but the fact that they would wish such a fate on a nation is ridiculously insensitive, even moreso to one that has had to deal with that exact situation in the past. I am glad Kamiya takes it in stride and/or doesn't take it seriously, but that doesn't excuse it.

I've edited my post to reflect this.

What a shit this tweter is. Advocating genocide because Nintendo are publishing Bayonetta 2.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So how bout that Bayonetta 2?

Still digging how the reveal trailer is a throwback to the original's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzHhPp_dGNU

Still thinking that Lumen enemy is a playable character

Wonder how long it'll be until we get more info. Game has jumped up as my most anticipated release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom