• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

Esura

Banned
I'm interested in getting into this game. Need more niche 3DS games in my life. I know I will have to play 999 before I get into this so I plan on playing that too. How long is 999?

GSR

Wha? No way. What kind of shipping did you get?

I'm guessing he means he's buying it in a store now instead of through Amazon, haha.

I'm interested in getting into this game. Need more niche 3DS games in my life. I know I will have to play 999 before I get into this so I plan on playing that too. How long is 999?

Maybe 20 hours total for all the endings? After each ending you can speed through text you've already seen so that saves time on replays.

Wha? No way. What kind of shipping did you get?

If you choose two day shipping on the normal edition, you get the game on the release day (for US customers.) And the best part is that the price is usually discounted from the normal two day shipping cost. the last two times I did it, Release Date Delivery was only a dollar!

Thoraxes

I'm doing Newegg for the 3DS and PSN for the Vita.

The $35 digital price tag coupled with the fact that I can get PSN cards 15% off made the decision easy for me.

Esura

Banned
Maybe 20 hours total for all the endings? After each ending you can speed through text you've already seen so that saves time on replays.

Ah, cool. Well, I bought 999. Will preorder VLR soon for the 3DS.

Haven't did a VN since Fate/stay night and Tsukihime so this is gonna be a treat.

Westraid

Nice - I haven't seen that art before........someone volunteer and make more avatars!

Here are a bunch, they're originally from the official Japanese website, so they're just the standard mugshots. Tenmyouji is not included because Akselziys already made an avatar of him.

ZE_1.png
ZE_2.png
ZE_3.png
ZE_4.png

ZE_5.png
ZE_6.png
ZE_8.png
ZE_9.png

ZE_10.png
ZE_11.png
ZE_12.png
ZE_13.png

ZE_14.png
ZE_15.png
ZE_16.png
ZE_18.png

ZE_17.png

GSR

Finished replaying the Safe ending of 999. Still so good.

Something I noticed (light 999/VLR demo spoilers):
the drug Ace uses to knock himself out is called Soporil Beta. If memory serves, that's one of the drugs in the VLR players' bracelets...

I’m bored...let’s play a game! So in 999 it was really fun to try and figure out who you trusted and who you didn’t in the game.

Let’s list who we trust, are not sure about and who we don't trust in Virtue’s Last Reward. Let's see if we end up getting it right.

TRUST:

ZE_2.png
ZE_12.png
ZE_14.png

NOT SURE:

ZE_4.png
ZE_15.png
ZE_6.png

DON’T TRUST:

ZE_10.png
ikKW3.png
ZE_8.png

Your turn! ^_^

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I got semi-spoiled from a jp screenshot so all I'm going to say is at least one of your choices is completely opposite for me.

Lusankya

Your turn! ^_^

TRUST:

ZE_2.png
ZE_12.png
ZE_14.png

ZE_6.png

NOT SURE:

ZE_4.png
ZE_15.png

ZE_10.png
ikKW3.png
ZE_8.png

We play as Sigma, so unless he brainwashed himself and is doing a Yagami Light stunt he won't be a bad person. :p
We know Clover from the first game so we know that she is a good girl (in the true ending the
axe massacre
isn't supposed to have happened ;)). We actually don't know much about Alice, but Clover trusts her and I don't think she's bad.
I don't know much about Luna, but I know I totally trust her! She's so adorable (and hopefully won't use that against me)!

Prediction: I still think the robot cyborg thing is gonna be Snake just so they give him an excuse to have eyes that can see.

Interesting! I don't know why but Quark (the kid) is giving me bad vibes....I could see him being behind the whole "rabbit" idea.

I don't know much about Luna, but I know I totally trust her! She's so adorable (and hopefully won't use that against me)!

999 SPOILER:
I only put her in the “Not Sure” category because she reminds me of June, and we all know how that turned out!

Everybody needs to play this trust game. It has the potential to be awesome.

Indeed!

Lusankya

Interesting! I don't know why but Quark (the kid) is giving me bad vibes....I could see him being behind the whole "rabbit" idea.
I am pretty sure Quark will have some secrets. Why should there be a child in the first place?
It's hard to tell of what nature these secrets are, though.

999 SPOILER:
I only put her in the “Not Sure” category because she reminds me of June, and we all know how that turned out!

You're right, but
while June indeed was the "mastermind", she wasn't evil. Maybe she wasn't pure good as well, but I don't think it was wrong to trust June in 999. In the end Junpei did everything he could to help June.

Finished replaying the Safe ending of 999. Still so good.

Something I noticed (light 999/VLR demo spoilers):
the drug Ace uses to knock himself out is called Soporil Beta. If memory serves, that's one of the drugs in the VLR players' bracelets...

Actually, the drug Ace used was simply Soporil. In VLR it's Soporil ß. I don't know if there's an actual difference, but they are surely the same drug, maybe modified!

Actually, the drug Ace used was simply Soporil. In VLR it's Soporil ß. I don't know if there's an actual difference, but they are surely the same drug, maybe modified!

I think that
It's modified to be more powerful. Soporil only knocked Ace out. Soporil ß, in combination with that other drug, is supposed to KILL people!

Your turn! ^_^

Trust

ZE_15.png
ZE_10.png
ZE_14.png
ZE_12.png
ZE_6.png

K is a gentleman, Quark is too young to be malevolent, Clover and Alice are original members of the DK Crew, and Luna is just too sweet for me to distrust her, even if she turns out to be evil.

Don't Trust

ZE_4.png
ikKW3.png

ZE_8.png
ZE_2.png

Dio seems like he'd be willing to go to great extremes to stay alive, Tenmyoji won't trust anyone, so I'm afraid of what he'll do, Phi is just plain shifty, and I don't trust the Player character ever since I played Dark Seed II :p

Trust
ZE_12.png
ZE_14.png

ZE_15.png
ZE_8.png

Not Sure
ZE_10.png
ZE_4.png

Don't Trust
ZE_6.png

(Never trust the most "innocent" looking.)
ikKW3.png

(Never trust the old guy)
ZE_2.png

(Never trust someone with no voice xD) Still love em though)

Pirabear

Banned
Surprised by the Phi distrust. The same way I don't trust Luna because she looks the most innocent, I trust Phi the most because she looks the most shady and calculating, haha.

Top Bottom