• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

ziran

PantherLotus said:
If you go and see the video for yourself at IGN, the presentation and implementation of the game really is quite stunning. I like the first-person-boxing (FPB?) with the transparent character. It also looks like the moves are 1-1, which should be amazing.

As far as hitting women. Don't feel bad--it's just a cartoon! Now, if this had graphic realism like FN3, it would be different. Also, not sure if people are realizing, but the assumption is that you can load up your character and be that person, and at the same time be able to see your opponent's customized character. I simply cannot wait to take a shot at my sister for real (for wiil?), after all the times she falsely accused me of hitting her. ;)

Seriously though, this game has major potential. I'm hoping that it can combine with MiiChannel in a myspace type way and you can pick friends that you want to box.

More screenies as I find them.
yeah, boxing looks great.

there was a link in the big thread to a really good vid:
http://download.gamevideos.com/5999/gv.com.wii.boxing.floorgp_640x360.mov

onm has some reasonably sized pics that are worth looking at since alot of the pics are at a silly resolution showing loads of jaggies (796x448), which definitely shouldn't be the case, just look at the 480p shots of battalion wars, they're nice and smooth.

these are certainly closer to how the games will look on a sd tv:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/news_150906_shots.html

news_150906_shots1.jpg

news_150906_shots3.jpg

news_150906_shots9.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wing Island

NOTE: These screens taken from an IGN streaming video
I haven't said this on any of these posts, but these pictures really don't do the game justice. Seeing this in motion really makes a huge difference.

wingisland1.jpg

wingisland2.jpg

wingisland3.jpg

wingisland4.jpg

wingisland5.jpg

Ikael

The Pangya screens really convinced me that although I dig some of the next gen awesome visuals, the time when you needed a huge horsepower in order to produce decent or good looking graphics had passed. These screens are nice. Pleasant to look at. The mix of artstyle and colors makes them a nice view. Sure I wouldn't complain if they give us better graphics, but I can perfectly live with that level, even after seeing Blue Dragoon or Gears of War screens.

PantherLotus said:
Call of Duty 3

Note: these shots are taken off screen from the IGN video that was shown last week.

QUOTE]

Call of duty 3 dosen't look half bad, serious upgrade from the mag screens though. but damnit looks like it controls well from the videos.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Avutta1978 said:
Call of duty 3 dosen't look half bad, serious upgrade from the mag screens though. but damnit looks like it controls well from the videos.

d00d seriously you don't have to quote the whole thing.

edit: thank you!

wave-E

Banned
Moderation Unlimited said:
I will love this game...and I will love Wii sports in general. I ****ing love Nintendo. They just know how to make games fun and new and at the same time feel nostalgic. I think it's because they focus on using characatures and exagerated animation instead of trying to emulate photorealism.
No you won't, wii boxing is bad. Maybe with a little time I could be proven wrong, but that's unlikely.

HolyStar

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Both sides of this silly argument are being shortsighted. What none of the people debating here realize is this really is first-gen Wii software that are almost all ported from GC stuff on GC engines. Now go back and look at the progression of graphics between the first GC games and some of the best (Resident Evil). The Wii's games aren't close to that level yet, but pretending that the Wii isn't capable of doing that AND THEN SOME is absurd.

So both sides of this argument: give it a freakin' rest. Most of these screens suck but some of the original content really shows the difference between gen's and it will only continue to improve.

More screens as they are available.

I love the Wii but I don't believe that the graphics will improve in such a significant way. The leap between GC and Wii isn't as large as the other consoles. Nintendo said it themselves their not focusing on graphics but on gameplay. It won't take long for the Wii to reach its limit(graphically).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Some older screens.

media

media

media

media

media

media

media

media

...damn i hate it when 1up does that. let me find a better place to put them.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ichigo said:
yes they better go back and make the Wii region free

d00d do you have to quote the entire post?

edit: c'mon GAF. it's a screenshot thread! pick one that you want to represent you comments instead of making it even harder on 56kers. thanks in advance.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Let's try this again. 1up: YOU SUCK! As much as you plaster your bloody logo over everything, every time something that you post is shown elsewhere, you get free advertising! BAH! And when I go to save you have this stupid script that won't even show the name of the file? Lamez0r.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Older shots, some of these I haven't seen before.

3027498.jpg

3027497.jpg

3027496.jpg

3027495.jpg

3027494.jpg

3027493.jpg

3027492.jpg

3027491.jpg

3027490.jpg

3027489.jpg

3027488.jpg

3027487.jpg

3027486.jpg

3027485.jpg

DrEvil

not a medical professional
^ oh dear god, the forest looks beautiful.

I've been on a major blackout for TP, I played it at e3 in 2005, and didn't touch it at 06; but dear god that looks beautiful. I cannot wait.

d

ProphetZG

I'm not all that impressed with any of these graphics on a technical level. Some good design and all that, no doubt. Zelda is gorgeous. But nothing really looks "next gen." Nintendo better have some seriously amazing gameplay on the Wii, and the Wiimote better be a "revolution"ary force in gaming. That's all I'm saying...

i can't believe most of you peeps here are swallowing theses crappy graphics...it soo pathic they cant't even reach XBOX 1 quality graphics.

KINGMOKU

anotherworld said:
i can't believe most of you peeps here are swallowing theses crappy graphics...it soo pathic they cant't even reach XBOX 1 quality graphics.
Man, shit like this pisses me off.

Maridia

anotherworld said:

HOLY SHIT HE'S RIGHT! **** WII! **** NINTENDO!

.dmc

Banned
anotherworld said:

This place is becoming less interesting to hang around by the day.

Top Bottom