• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Branduil

PantherLotus said:
...because that never happens in any Madden game!

The clipping in every edition of Madden is always horrible.

madden-nfl-07-20060808025149461.jpg

Zer0

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Well you're obviously the expert.

edit: it's all good. To be fair, I'm sure its from a similar scene that's already been used because the game itself is a collection of the best scenes from the series.

that video was a joke (fake) from a spanish site

japtor

Polari said:
I don't really see what the Wii would bring to Phoenix Wright that the DS can't do.
whip the remote around and point at someone and yell 'OBJECTION!'? ignore that there is no mic...unless it requires a ds! then i guess the tv could be the courtroom view, and the ds is your suitcase. or something.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sonic and the Secret Rings

More screens from a new(er?) video. Almost exactly what I captured and released sometime last week. Slightly different angles and whatnot. Still, a better idea of the water is presented here and that cannot be discounted. The water looks freaking awesome, even in still shots. That says something.

d4db41d0faedb9db392f3cb8796db48a.jpg

7f6cfc9431d84df9e1f445e3e8a95029.jpg

c0cf6163edf1ee34ebf282ec1f4f5797.jpg

2bd5eac3d1dc6f7d8f7d880d8e8682d8.jpg

89ec6f535a310af2aaee12aea6e5beac.jpg

7fcfe1a59ac5c31c0a352587f5e5fe67.jpg

d77102ac80290f94b8cc92c971711b54.jpg

673c007d8150188a784ff2d1694dd187.jpg

d283640100ba81cf7defd204c5262f46.jpg

And I just downloaded said video. Jesus H C. It looks cool. I'll see if I can capture something none of us have really seen yet.

relyt9

EktorPR said:
Nice looking indeed, and the water does look gorgeous but...where are the enemies?

All of the enviroments look awesome, not just the water, IMO. I can't believe I'm excited about that game. :D. Don't know where the enemies are though.

EktorPR

relyt9 said:
All of the enviroments look awesome, not just the water, IMO. I can't believe I'm excited about that game. :D. Don't know where the enemies are though.

Yeah, the environments have that "organic" quality to them, and are unlike anything Sonic Team (or any dev house that has touched the hedgehog) has ever done with the 3d versions.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Metal Slug Anthology

These are obviously ports of games made on very old hardware, but still cool. It would be awesome to see how nice they could make these look with a bit of a makeover...MS6 maybe? The assumption is that these screens come from earlier versions, rather than screenies of what the Wii will produce.

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073034317.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073035301.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073036207.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073037145.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073037973.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073038941.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073039910.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073040863.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073041832.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073042754.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073043723.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073044644.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073045598.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073046566.jpg

metal-slug-anthology-20060508073047629.jpg

You know what would be really sweet? If you could download these to your DS.

PantherLotus said:
You know what would be really sweet? If you could download these to your DS.
Well, this exact anthology collection is coming to PSP, and Metal Slug 1 will be on GBA. Portable Arcade Metal Slug done.

vasuba

Banned
New Madden Wii Shots

Removed until verified again. Seems original news article is missing

its obvious still lacking compared to the HD version but EA didnt lie when they said they were working to make it as close as they could to the 360 version. It has improved a ton over early shots.

vasuba said:
New Madden Wii Shots

324.jpg

335.jpg

302.jpg

its obvious still lacking compared to the HD version but EA didnt lie when they said they were working to make it as close as they could to the 360 version. It has improved a ton over early shots.

I highly doubt these are Wii shots. Looks NOTHING like the previous Wii shots of the game.

jarosh

vasuba said:
New Madden Wii Shots

ahahhahah. this post is funny on so many levels.

vasuba

Banned
Shogmaster said:
I highly doubt these are Wii shots. Looks NOTHING like the previous Wii shots of the game.

justpause.com and gonintendo.com were both running them last i checked. EA also last week did say the Madden build has improved greatly and they were pushing it to challange the 360 graphically the best they could. Its realistic to assume much has changed since e3 demo.

-edit-
tho Gonintendo doesnt seem to have them up anymore so dunno.

jarosh said:
ahahhahah. this post is funny on so many levels.

Shit, he wasn't even being serious? My sarcasm meter needs fixin.

edit:

vasuba said:
justpause.com and gonintendo.com were both running them last i checked. EA also last week did say the Madden build has improved greatly and they were pushing it to challange the 360 graphically the best they could. Its realistic to assume much has changed since e3 demo

So you are actually serious?!? X_x

vasuba

Banned
Shogmaster said:
Shit, he wasn't even being serious? My sarcasm meter needs fixin.

edit:

So you are actually serious?!? X_x

i was just posting what was reported as such. ive gone through every major gaming sites 360 collection of screenshots and none of them have these being reported as Wii so its very possible they are 360 but not released even though the games already out

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
vasuba said:
justpause.com and gonintendo.com were both running them last i checked. EA also last week did say the Madden build has improved greatly and they were pushing it to challange the 360 graphically the best they could. Its realistic to assume much has changed since e3 demo.

-edit-
tho Gonintendo doesnt seem to have them up anymore so dunno.

Ugh, Just Pause is the shittiest games website I've ever seen.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hey kids lets leave the posting of screenies to the experts, kay? If you're not sure what platform they're on, they don't belong in the clearly labled Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no).

Thanks.

(more soon)

Branduil

Okay guys, here are some new Madden Wii shots that are actually real:

932733_20060927_screen005.jpg

932733_20060927_screen001.jpg

932733_20060927_screen002.jpg

932733_20060927_screen006.jpg

Rofflesburger's(I'm not even going to try to spell his name right) elbow sure is shiny.

KINGMOKU

JDSN said:
RedSteel

The game is looking great, I hope they fix the controls before the release.
red-steel-20060928055015400.jpg

This game is really starting to look great. I hope it plays, and feels like a brand new experience when I play it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
JDSN said:
RedSteel

The game is looking great, I hope they fix the controls before the release.

<that rainy last pic>

Wow. I'm still gonna wait for the reviews on this game before a possible purchase... But wow.

castle007

Banned
giant_frying_pan said:
Not strictly screenshots (well, definitely not screenshots), but j.m.ratkos over at rllmuk got his hands on some bare cases for Wii software. First I've seen of them, myself.

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase1.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase2.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase3.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase4.jpg

there is no place to put the goggles???

maybe it comes packed with the Wii

Firest0rm

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.

Symytry

giant_frying_pan said:
Not strictly screenshots (well, definitely not screenshots), but j.m.ratkos over at rllmuk got his hands on some bare cases for Wii software. First I've seen of them, myself.

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase1.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase2.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase3.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase4.jpg

so....its just a white dvd case with wii embossed inside? Kinda lame, but I guess its what I expected

vasuba

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
Why is Sonic looking good enough for me to buy it? I should have learned this lesson with Sonic Adventure for GameCube....

IGN and the others have said the Wii Sonic is the best of all next gen platforms and is the closest to the original sonic games. It could very well be whats needed to get sonic good again

JadedOne

Hey, didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it here. I didn't feel like making a new topic.

- Epyx announced Commodore 64 will be added to Wii's Virtual Console, the first batch of Commodore 64 titles for Wii will be Impossible Mission 1 & 2, Winter Games, Summer Games 1 & 2, Pitstop and Jumpman Junior.

source: the-magicbox

blahness

JadedOne said:
Hey, didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it here. I didn't feel like making a new topic.

- Epyx announced Commodore 64 will be added to Wii's Virtual Console, the first batch of Commodore 64 titles for Wii will be Impossible Mission 1 & 2, Winter Games, Summer Games 1 & 2, Pitstop and Jumpman Junior.

i hope this is true... i will buy all of those again

Zoramon089 said:
YES MONKEY TARGET!! And anyone else glad they changed the water? The old SMB:BB water was HORRENDOUS and I cringed at the thought of seeing it while playing target. Look

Old Water:
super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-20060914091635307.jpg

New Water:
super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-20060920044712517.jpg

However out-of-ball monkeys make me a little sad. What happened to being able to do everything inside the ball (except splatting on the target or drowning when u didn't close in time)
I'm actually sad they changed the water. The old water reeked old-school Sega nostalgia to me, which was SO ****ing good.

JadedOne said:

It's not as if you could... yet. (Junior Members can't make topics).

But sweet news if true.

Top Bottom