• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
JadedOne said:
- Epyx announced Commodore 64 will be added to Wii's Virtual Console, the first batch of Commodore 64 titles for Wii will be Impossible Mission 1 & 2, Winter Games, Summer Games 1 & 2, Pitstop and Jumpman Junior.
source: the-magicbox

... I didn't think Epyx existed as a company anymore. It went bankrupt back in the late 80s, as far as I knew. Therefore, it would seem somewhat impossible for that claim to be true.

Granted, some holding company could be rereleasing older games (I believe System 3 was publishing a Last Ninja and Impossible Mission game), but that's hardly the same as saying Epyx resurfaced and was to put out "C64 games".

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Madden NFL 07

meh.

madden-nfl-07-20060928091531031.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060928091530390.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060928091529796.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060928091529234.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060928091528609.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060928091525796.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ImNotLikeThem said:
that makes three people now to post the exact same screenshots.

Because we haven't seen doubles through this whole thread, right? ;)

Also, I do it with style! Not to mention that I have appointed myself new-Wii-screenshot-poster-guy. Expect more doubles soon.

japtor said:
youre only referring to the smoke clouds right?

From my perspective, they're acceptable. I know objectively, they're horrible, but I don't care about graphics. Never have, really.

I dunno about the other guy who said it was acceptable.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Pureauthor said:
From my perspective, they're acceptable. I know objectively, they're horrible, but I don't care about graphics. Never have, really.

I dunno about the other guy who said it was acceptable.

Yeah, pretty much. For me, it is acceptable for a system that costs $250. Now, if it cost like 2-3x more, hell yeah I'd say that looks like shit and we should burn their house down. But it's relatively cheap and graphics like that are pretty much expected.

And no way that Red Steel shot is real.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Xzbeat said:
Red Steel first Ad

img.php

img.php

Those arent the first - there has been some print ads in Game Informer recently. Nothing much, just a cut-out showing you how to make a shurikan with red steel logos and stuff.

however, the 2nd page here is the FIRST mutliplayer screen shot revealed, so thats kinda new :)

So Ubi are using the target shots in their print advertising? They must be confident that they can make those visuals before release...

dock

DavidDayton said:
... I didn't think Epyx existed as a company anymore. It went bankrupt back in the late 80s, as far as I knew. Therefore, it would seem somewhat impossible for that claim to be true.

Granted, some holding company could be rereleasing older games (I believe System 3 was publishing a Last Ninja and Impossible Mission game), but that's hardly the same as saying Epyx resurfaced and was to put out "C64 games".
System 3 recently acquired all the Epyx licenses. I believe another company previously held them. Their Epyx announcement is alongside their Impossible Mission and Last ninja releases.

giant_frying_pan said:
Not strictly screenshots (well, definitely not screenshots), but j.m.ratkos over at rllmuk got his hands on some bare cases for Wii software. First I've seen of them, myself.

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase1.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase2.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase3.jpg

http://giantfryingpan.googlepages.com/wiidvdcase4.jpg
it's interesting that there are the hooks for a second disc in the middle of the case.

wii-2.jpg

Mojojo said:
He looks like the martial art master in Kill Bill (part 2)

Yep. From what we have seen until now, it looks like the movie Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino, and more generally the asian cinema from the 70s are some of the main stylistic inspirations of Red Steel. That's definitely insteresting, and I really look forward to see how far this style is exploited in this game...

vasuba

Banned
BulletSmoke said:
Guys, anybody try calling the phone number on the second link? I heard it works.

It does work. He asks if you used the previous advertisement that shows how to make a ninja star and if so stab your eyes out and beg him to be taught then he says some more and hangs up

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
vasuba said:
It does work. He asks if you used the previous advertisement that shows how to make a ninja star and if so stab your eyes out and beg him to be taught then he says some more and hangs up

Direct response advertising ftw

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
codpigzg4.jpg

the CoD3 character models for wii are absolutely terrible. They dont even have real hands

this thread is going down the drain... can we start a new thread to bitch about what we don't like about Wii's lazy devs and keep this thread clean?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
The 2nd Wii Play image, in the pool, looks like player 1's flipping the bird. Glancing over, and the position, and the fact that the Mii avatar is angry got that into my head. :lol

Ranger X

MrSardonic said:
the CoD3 character models for wii are absolutely terrible. They dont even have real hands

How about all those Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games with hands like that? I supposed it was equally bad character models?

I do agree there are lazy here but considering the hardware COD images aren't even near something like "horrible" that's for sure.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Ranger X said:
How about all those Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games with hands like that? I supposed it was equally bad character models?
That was lest gen. :|

Top Bottom