• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Wiktor

Finished it yesterday. The second island was a huge let down. It's like they run out of development time. Still loved the game as a whole though. And I enjoyed Brody a lot. Such a refreshing character and very relatable. Following his descent into psychopath was hilarious.

Hey, even good old Yahtzee managed to pretty much dig it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVCLbIbEKtM&feature=g-subs-u

Yup, pretty much agreed with him. I wish there was more Vaas. Like I said before, I like there are actual character arcs now to shooter protagonists. Max Payne was the first shooter where I gave a damn about the story. If Gears of War Judgement does the impossible and makes Baird likable thanks to Tom Bissell being the writer, job well done.

Fair assessment, i did enjoy wreaking absolute havoc on the second island, finished the game, now just going through and clearing all the outpost..heavies make things quite difficult..but nothing a well placed rocket or c4 can't fix.
If you die during a Wanted:Dead mission, is there no way to replay them? Stupid death, too

you get restarted somewhere near if i remember correctly to retry.

Double D

Finished the game a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed all of it. The friends are total douche-wagons but I didn't think Brody was all that bad and the story was pretty ok.

The good part is I listened to all of you folks saying to hold out on the outposts, and by the time I finished I had only done about 7 outposts, and did 1 of each of the hunting and 'wanted' missions. Now I've got all these blue exclamation points popping up also. So anyways, thanks Internet. I continue to have a blast with this game.

JRW

I seem to experience a frequent glitch where a character will rapidly "flicker" side to side as they sit or stand in place (PC).

Derrick01

Banned
I seem to experience a frequent glitch where a character will rapidly "flicker" side to side as they sit or stand in place (PC).

Happened to me a lot too. Mostly with friendly NPCs but a lot of times when enemies were going to slide or duck into cover it happened, making lining up shots somewhat difficult lol.

Grisby

Watching the credits fold. Man, this game delivered. Damn good time. It ran like shit on the 360 but the constant playground of the world and gameplay roped me in.

And did anyone else love the music?. Outside of one or two shit dubstep songs I really liked it. I'm mostly talking about the dream sequences and quieter moments. Gonna go see if it's up on Itunes because I need this OST.

Yerolo

I imagine this patch will add the much talked about option to disable HUD elements. Fingers crossed they fix the issue about not being able to get spider 1 relic after passing the half way point in the story (as detailed at http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/736610-Petition-about-the-Spider-1-Relic)

Not holding my breath though
Yeah I hope we can get the last relic from the cave after the patch. It wouldn't be so bad but it's the only one that you can't get after beating the game.

Yerolo

1.03 patch is live now....but I havent seen any changes at all ( ie no HUD customization or spider relic fix)

Boo

Release note – Patch 1.03
----------------------------------------------

General fixes for the patch:

- Added Russian and Czech language support for Steam versions.
- Fixed issues for machines that have more than 32 cores.
- Fixed issues for activation keys bundled with ULC privileges. ULC content will now unlock during activation.
- Improvements to playlists and rotation for User Made maps.

NBtoaster

Patch is out. Doesn't do much

- Added Russian and Czech language support for Steam versions.
- Fixed issues for machines that have more than 32 cores.
- Fixed issues for activation keys bundled with ULC privileges. ULC content will now unlock during activation.
- Improvements to playlists and rotation for User Made maps.

mokeyjoe

Just started playing this and I'm only a couple of hours in but I'm getting a horrible sinking feeling that I'm really not going to enjoy this :(. It's reminding me of the way I felt about Burnout Paradise, and I spent 8 hours trying to like that game before finally admitting that it just wasn't for me.

The world just seems really boring and samey and the quests so far have been really dull. The RPG stuff just seems to add unnecessary layers of complexity to a game that doesn't need it. It seems like a million half-arsed versions of other games rolled into one. A bit of Skyrim, a bit of Mirror's Edge, a bit of Just Cause etc.

I really hope I'm wrong because I was looking forward to playing this. Hopefully the story grabs me and I can just barrel through and treat the world as a pretty backdrop like in LA Noire. Is it a slow starter of a game then, or is it just me?

NBtoaster

Just finished it (about 20 minutes ago, though the credits are still rolling).

It was an enjoyable experience, for the most part. The story missions are quite varied unlike Far Cry 2 (which was my biggest complaint about it), though some types are certainly better than others.

Good: story missions that exploit the open world and stealth, capturing outposts remain fun throughout, story is pretty okay, graphics kind of nice, bow and arrow, fire, fantastic characters, takedowns are satisfying, reasonable enemy variety, good music, wingsuit

Bad: lame unusable loot, contrived world set up, side missions are irrelevant and boring by the second island, some linear Uncharted QTE missions, multiplayer is mostly bad though some good ideas, removing enemies altogether after outposts is dumb, indoor lighting looks terrible, tutorial flood.

At the end
I didn't side with Citra
. Actually had to pause and think for a minute :p
It didn't rain once :C

It is enjoyable enough that I will be returning to capture more of the outposts.

Because I enoyed stealth in this game a lot, it actually made me go back and try Dishonored which I'm enjoying more than I did before.

spekkeh

Banned
Maybe it's a typo and he meant 32gb of ram? what sort of god-tier PC gamer owns a 32-core monster

I don't usually play the vidya games. But when I do, the company loses access to its intranet.

thumbs_123-operator.console.jpg

Top Bottom