• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Good games with 360 dudes last night. The best part was the party chat, we went from discussing the correct way to refer to the AS Val, to Val Kilmer movies, to someone trying to impress a girl with his Battlefield skills - unaware that we could hear the whole conversation through his mic.

Oh yeah, and also this, presented without comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwb9-OlQimc

olimpia84

Olimpia's rage meltdowns are both scary and funny
XD

Sorry, I hate losing :)
Thankfully there was no need to rage today, we dominated those fools. I love how I got kicked by the admin on that Bazaar round. Then they kept switching you and Vasilik to the other team

BoatAck

That Op Metro defense was beautiful. Get got B right away and never let go until the end despite the other team having better players.

I was pleasantly surprised that most of our team set up shop at B instead of being overly aggressive and going after A and letting them get behind us. I love when the kills come to us.

Good games with 360 dudes last night. The best part was the party chat, we went from discussing the correct way to refer to the AS Val, to Val Kilmer movies, to someone trying to impress a girl with his Battlefield skills - unaware that we could hear the whole conversation through his mic.

bahahahahhaahahahahahhahaaha

I was pleasantly surprised that most of our team set up shop at B instead of being overly aggressive and going after A and letting them get behind us. I love when the kills come to us.

hell yeah, i got my 10 kills without dying assignment at the start of that match. went 11-0 before i finally died the first time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
IGBT clan switching sides after Olimpia, Vaslisk and I capped flags two rounds in a row (and them continuing to siwtch Vaslisk to their side only for him to switch when their side finally balanced out) is hilarious as hell. Olimpia left and IGBT filled the other teams side for Seine Rush. We were down 3 people THE ENTIRE MATCH and still won. And they had at least 8 people from their clan in that game. WTF, dudes?

Also running a round as MVP with 5 kills and 3 deaths as a smoking medic is hilarious. Revive, smoke, smoke, revive in smoke. Smoke, smoke, grenade into B third set. Arm, smoke while arming. Get out, die. Get revived. Hold them off, smoke smoke smoke into last set and hold them off B. Win.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Another thing about this game... joining in progress is almost always joining the losing team that is getting stomped so hard there is no chance of a comeback.

Constantly joining those games is frustrating.

This guy seems a bit upset

2vWBR.jpg

Found the secret reptile and with that I got all the AM trophies. Didn't even think it was on that map. Didn't even see it as I was focused on the game. Will have to back and see what it looks like.

Another thing about this game... joining in progress is almost always joining the losing team that is getting stomped so hard there is no chance of a comeback.

Constantly joining those games is frustrating.

That doesn't happen regularly here, if anything, when I join, with only 1 or 2 friends, we help the losing team to victory.

TheSeks

Sorry, I hate losing :)
Thankfully there was no need to rage today, we dominated those fools. I love how I got kicked by the admin on that Bazaar round. Then they kept switching you and Vasilik to the other team

You're talking the IGBT? They switched to our team at the end of Caspian, IIRC, when we were dominating them. This was after Fersis left. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

OdysseusVA said:
This guy seems a bit upset

Says to get back to CoD, has a CoD avatar.

MY BRAIN IS FULL OF FUCKJackieChan.jpg

Z_Y

Sorry if this has asked before...X360 version here....

Do I need all these updates? Good lord. My BF3 folder is 12.5GBs and I don't even have the game installed. I bought a copy of Premium for my brother-in-law for Christmas. He has an arcade. I was planning on getting him a 16GB thumb drive but it looks like I'm going to have to get a 32 GB. Damn.

I love it when teammates teamkill you just because they want the vehicle.

I get in the tank and boom...C4'd by a teammate.
people get more creative on normal.

this one game of Grand Bazaar 300% Rush i was playing, i stole the attackers tank on 3rd set and our team started holding them off.. so one of their guys switched teams and c4'd the tank, dropped a grenade and got it.... i realized wtf he was doing just in time to reverse. he spent the next ... maybe 5 minutes trying to C4 the tank, drop a grenade and get in.... well, he won, but all his buddies attacking lost.

Danny 117

Sorry if this has asked before...X360 version here....

Do I need all these updates? Good lord. My BF3 folder is 12.5GBs and I don't even have the game installed. I bought a copy of Premium for my brother-in-law for Christmas. He has an arcade. I was planning on getting him a 16GB thumb drive but it looks like I'm going to have to get a 32 GB. Damn.

I want to know this too.

to play online you need:

Battlefield 3 Title Update (183MB)

Multiplayer Update 5 (1.8GB)

and to play certain expansion maps you need:

Battlefield 3 Update (2.1GB) = Back To Karkand

Multiplayer Update 3 (2.4GB) = Close Quarters

Armored Kill (1.6GB) = Armored Kill

Aftermath (1.6GB) = Aftermath

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
I miss playing with gimlet and crew... talking about MAV's and cranes but I've fallen back into PC gaming I doubt I could shoot anyone with a controller anymore.

Z_Y

to play online you need:

Thank you, kind sir. Looks like I can dump a few gigs of mp updates.

to play online you need:

You should probably add this to the OP.

Teknoman

For the 360 version, is it fixed to where you can just install the HD textures, install both discs to your hard drive, and go? Or is still where the game performs better with only the textures installed/ you have to clear your cache and do a few other steps before hand?

Omni

For the 360 version, is it fixed to where you can just install the HD textures, install both discs to your hard drive, and go? Or is still where the game performs better with only the textures installed/ you have to clear your cache and do a few other steps before hand?

I've got doth discs installed + textures installed and it looks fine... I wasn't even aware that it wasn't best to do so though

TheSeks

WHY IS THERE NO RESUPPLIES THROWN OUT UNLESS I DO IT!? GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD. I hate the playerbase for this game. They're all MORONS that don't know how to use kit items, AT ALL. :|

Omni

WHY IS THERE NO RESUPPLIES THROWN OUT UNLESS I DO IT!? GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD. I hate the playerbase for this game. They're all MORONS that don't know how to use kit items, AT ALL. :|

I play hardcore just so I can betray people, grab their kit and throw ammo out and then revive them. Much more enjoyable.

Only problem is you can only do it three times.

I can't help if my skill gets the ladies wet. Will have to mute myself next time. :p

I miss playing with gimlet and crew... talking about MAV's and cranes but I've fallen back into PC gaming I doubt I could shoot anyone with a controller anymore.

You are missing out. I haven't been playing as much as I would like lately, but there have been a lot of good nights recently. Jump back in and work the rust off that controller.

You are missing out. I haven't been playing as much as I would like lately, but there have been a lot of good nights recently. Jump back in and work the rust off that controller.

There's a solid core group of 6-8 GAFers and associates who play on 360 every night. We need more! Used to be we could have a full side and just roll over the opposition all night. Now we occasionally--gasp!--lose (actually went 1-11 the other night).

There's a solid core group of 6-8 GAFers and associates who play on 360 every night. We need more! Used to be we could have a full side and just roll over the opposition all night. Now we occasionally--gasp!--lose (actually went 1-11 the other night).

i haven't been playing much since i got my phone :(

and 1 of the 2 times i tried, i was getting terrible packet loss

I can't help if my skill gets the ladies wet. Will have to mute myself next time. :p

Yes, please do that. I'm on Xbox Live to hear racist, homophobic, and mysogynistic banter not idle pleasantries.
Occasionally? I guess when you factor in your escapades on Seine Crossing, loses are only occasional. The rest of us, however, get our butts kicked on the reg. My EOD bot skills are improving though, and no one ever expects an EOD bot which is why my plan can't fail.

Omni

Not many Australian servers running Aftermath, surprisingly. Tonight I found two servers with any amount of players on them, but one was unranked... leaving the one.

Game was hit hard by Blops II and H4 it seems.

TheSeks

Australian? Hm. Better check out the asian servers bro

Well, it isn't exclusive to AU. US south/east servers are about 9 pages full. 2-3 of them completely full servers and then it drops like a rock for the next 2 until 0/24 players.

Also I'm shocked Fersis doesn't have the DICE Approved dogtag given how buddy buddy he is with the devs on Twitter.

Lakitu

st5fu
Aftermath provides the lols. Really enjoying it so far and the design of the maps, especially Markaz Monolith and Epicenter.

Just got banned for going in a 'no-colonel 100s server.' Woops.

And finally, been mulling it over and I've decided that the KH2002 is the best AR in the game. It's such a beast. If you aim it alright in close quarters, two bursts and that's that.

Not many Australian servers running Aftermath, surprisingly. Tonight I found two servers with any amount of players on them, but one was unranked... leaving the one.

Game was hit hard by Blops II and H4 it seems.
There are still plenty on PS3.

My server would be running them as well but EA still haven't fixed it (support ticket in since 22/11/12). It expires at the end of the month and probably won't have been working for more than a third of the 90 day rental period.

Occasionally? I guess when you factor in your escapades on Seine Crossing, loses are only occasional. The rest of us, however, get our butts kicked on the reg. My EOD bot skills are improving though, and no one ever expects an EOD bot which is why my plan can't fail.

Seine Crossing is for pumping up my k/d for the inevitable negatives I get in Aftermath. I have no idea why I can do so well on the vanilla maps and barely break even on the new ones.

I still need to make an EOD kill to complete an assignment. That thing is almost comically useless.

Lakitu

st5fu
Seine Crossing is for pumping up my k/d for the inevitable negatives I get in Aftermath. I have no idea why I can do so well on the vanilla maps and barely break even on the new ones.

I still need to make an EOD kill to complete an assignment. That thing is almost comically useless.

I'm having a tough time on Aftermath maps aswell, it's probably not being used to the layouts on the game modes and there's so many routes and flanking opportunities as well as vertical combat.

It was weird yesterday, I had a tank in Azadi Palace at 100% health and some guy destroyed it and killed me in one hit with the M320. Only thing I can think of is someone C4'd it then he hit it but I'm usually careful with that sort of thing, I go in and out of third person view all the time when I'm stationary.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Well, it isn't exclusive to AU. US south/east servers are about 9 pages full. 2-3 of them completely full servers and then it drops like a rock for the next 2 until 0/24 players.

Also I'm shocked Fersis doesn't have the DICE Approved dogtag given how buddy buddy he is with the devs on Twitter.
Is a real life DICE dog tag good enough for you?

:3

Ill be playing in half an hour.

FWIW, I got mine with a roadkill on a sniper playing Rush on Métro. He was defending the first set against the wall near the gazebo. I flanked around to the far right and placed my EOD bot there, then drove it through their spawn before seeing the sniper and squishing him against the wall. It was actually the first time I'd tried to kill somebody with it so I think I got pretty lucky there :)

TheSeks

Is a real life DICE dog tag good enough for you?

:3

Ill be playing in half an hour.

No, because I need you to butter them up to give me the dogtags (and you the dogtags so I can knife them off you. :D!)

or better yet give me the DICE Dev Dogtags so I can be public enemy #1 in their steed on PS3

tn2007

http://mp1st.com/2012/12/18/battlefield-3-end-game-dlc-rumors-new-tools-game-modes-and-a-jungle-style-setting/

DICE has announced that End Game, announced last expansion for Battlefield 3, will soon be enjoyed in a short film exclusively for Premium users.

Video made ​​entirely with scenes of the game show in which a moment of battle has a new motorcycle, and will be published in the Premium section of Battlelog December 21, 2012.

The DLC, dubbed by the Swedish team such as high speed for a lethal death, will introduce some tools and game modes that will animate the theater of war, including a jungle-style Apocalypse Now. In particular, there is four new game maps, new vehicles (including motorcycles), new assignments and new weapons.

Top Bottom