• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Stefan™;45794097 said:
Looks like I'll be replaying FFXII today. You cunt.

Yes play ha

tumblr_mbocvdj9qh1qalfa7o2_500.gif

Nemesis_

iqSs9wMuyPDAb.png

Hello all and welcome to the first ever POPGAF Grammy Awards, organised by your friends SupposedStraight and FlatAss_

ip8a3Pk4UmLCX.gif

Unfortunately we have no plans as to what order we will be announcing these awards in, however I felt it was only right to start off with something small. As such, please get ready to hear the nominations for Best Remix

ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

BP4k1.png

The nominations were as follows:

Lotus – Christina Aguilera
MDNA - Madonna
Ora - Rita Ora
Overexposed - Maroon 5
RED - Taylor Swift
The Spirit Indestructible - Nelly Furtado
The Female Boss - Tulisa
Unapologetic - Rihanna
Warrior – Ke$ha​

ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

This one was actually a tie, so in order to tie break we had to allocate the award to those who had this album on the most of the ballots we received.

This was extremely close, there was roughly two points or so between the top two and the third.

The POPGAF ACADEMY OF CUNT is happy to present the following Grammy to it's worthy recipient.

reAVT.png

Congratulations to Rihanna Rita Ora.

Stay tuned for more awards tonight.

Did #NAVY get together and vote as a block on this shit? I mean....who actually would have voted her near the top? Thats no fun at all.......

Did #NAVY get together and vote as a block on this shit? I mean....who actually would have voted her near the top? Thats no fun at all.......
I'm not part of the shaky degenerate bandwagon fleet, but I voted Rita Ora's latest crap stain as worst album. MDNA and Lotus are spectacular failures, but at least they are spectacular in that respect.

This Rita ho...just so boring and devoid of any redeeming quality. Same reason why I voted "Everything Is Embarrassing" as worst video even though there's nothing ostensibly offensive about it other than the fact that there is nothing ostensibly offensive about it.

Too bad, should have been nommed for worst album.
That whew in your avatar certainly should've been there, but we as a community have already removed her from our collective consciousness.

Even I somehow overlooked that shit album despite thoroughly reviewing this year's release list.

Oh well.

Nemesis_

iqSs9wMuyPDAb.png

Hello all and welcome to the first ever POPGAF Grammy Awards, organised by your friends SupposedStraight and FlatAss_

ip8a3Pk4UmLCX.gif

Unfortunately we have no plans as to what order we will be announcing these awards in, however I felt it was only right to start off with something small. As such, please get ready to hear the nominations

ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

986Ls.png

The nominations were as follows:

Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
Don’t Fail Me Now – Melanie Amaro
Gangnam Style - Psy
Parking Lot - Nelly Furtado
Payphone - Maroon 5
Scream and Shout (feat. Britney Spears) – Will.I.Am
Somebody That I Use To Know - Gotye
Trouble - Leona Lewis feat. Childish Gambino
Want U Back - Cher Lloyd
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift​

ixeegJLX8Spmy.gif

This one was also extremely close, only one point separated the winner from the runner up.

The POPGAF ACADEMY OF CUNT is happy to present the following Grammy to it's worthy recipient.

00pYs.png

Congratulations to PSY

Stay tuned for more awards tonight.

SaintZ

I actually did nominate Mehrina because I liked Primmadonna and wanted to fill all the slots #oop

Eta: glad Psy won. Also, posting from mobile sucks.

Sai-kun

Banned
I didn't realize the Smellie stan population had grown so rapidly. Bright Lights > Halcyon. C'mon y'all.

edit: i remember when I started liking Want U Back unironically. That was a dark time. Grats, PSY.

Artemisia

Banned
Too bad, should have been nommed for worst album.

Edit: Although admittedly, I haven't listened to Rita Ora, so I don't know if it's worse than her.

Are you pressed that Ellie's 2nd album sold more than Mehrina's? That Ellie made inroads world wide, that she has the biggest US pop hit of 2012?

I mean Marina's music was tailored for the radio on electra heart, and even still no one was checking for it. That must've hurt, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom