• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I don't think JT deserves credit for not putting out another Dance song when it's so clear to everyone that EDM is on its way out the door...fucking finally.

I mean just look at what kind of producers all the big names are working with this year. Seems like Gaga's the only one planning to put out a dance album.

Justin didn't make a brave decision. He made an obvious one. No excuse for the song being so awful.

I don't think JT deserves credit for not putting out another Dance song when it's so clear to everyone that EDM is on it's way out the door...fucking finally.

I mean just look at what kinda of producers all the big names are working with this year. Seems like Gaga's the only one planning to put out a dance album.

Justin didn't make a brave decision. He made an obvious one. No excuse for the song being so awful.

This is true.

However, dance is still way hotter than R&B.

(I can't say I will be sad to see this dance era starting to wind down..... Watching posters on atrl have orgasms over ANY track with a dance beat, regardless of quality, was nauseating.)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I don't think JT deserves credit for not putting out another Dance song when it's so clear to everyone that EDM is on its way out the door...fucking finally.

I mean just look at what kind of producers all the big names are working with this year. Seems like Gaga's the only one planning to put out a dance album.

kind of ironic since a dance song is the only chance Xtina has of charting this year

One day when the light is glowing
I’ll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just wanna feel this moment

WHOOAAAAAAAAAAAA

iblt0jrZAGs4Zo.gif

Why are you so wrong all the time? Suit and Tie is a great song.

This is true.

However, dance is still way hotter than R&B.

You think 1D is "hot" too. Just saying.

royalan

kind of ironic since a dance song is the only chance Xtina has of charting this year

WHOOAAAAAAAAAAAA

iblt0jrZAGs4Zo.gif

Don't fuckin remind me...;___;

If her squad were smart (and they're not), she'd release Best Of Me and promote it. That song has empowerment smash written all over it. Of course she won't tho...

EDIT: Rob, do you honestly use Suit and Tie? Really?...REALLY? Don't front.

WHOOAAAAAAAAAAAA

iblt0jrZAGs4Zo.gif

So you think there is a chance? How generous.

in4DgNxeI3Yit.jpg

EDIT: Rob, do you honestly use Suit and Tie? Really?...REALLY? Don't front.

I do indeed. I even like the intro. Must be the Texas in me. I'm neither here nor there on Jay Z, but the music under his part shits too.

ibqeZyGQOOM45L.gif

I'm not of a mind that things have to be groundbreaking to be good. Suit and Tie is a good song, to me.

Why? What does that statement prove?

Look at the charts....there are dance tracks all over. R&B is virtually extinct.

It is a FACT that dance is hotter than R&B right now.

Sorry, I wasn't speaking in "facts, figures, and charts." I was speaking to what was subjectively good to me.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Lana is going to release both Cola and Dark Paradise (in Germany) as singles with videos for both.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss

ilcFq2my2y0eF.gif

Fey

Banned
photo.jpg

lAOZz4r.jpg

10. Papa Don't Preach (True Blue, 1986)
Papa, I know you're going to be upset ...
The second single of her third album, Papa Don't Preach bubbled up controversy due to its lyrics and music video, both dealing with teen pregnancy. Opening with epic, classical-styled music, it is one of Madonna's best remembered songs from the 80s, and for a good reason.

4Mu66qy.jpg

09. Music (Music, 2000)
Hey, Mr. DJ, put a record on ...
The lead single from the album of the same title, Music is Madonna's last #1 on the Hot 100. The song continued Ray Of Light's trend of incorporating electronic elements into her songs, though Music was much more of a fun, dance song about Madonna's love for music. Music was very much ahead of its time and was unlike anything in mainstream pop at the time.

rV46HpB.jpg

08. Beautiful Stranger (Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, 1999)
Haven't we met? You're some kind of beautiful stranger ...
Beautiful Stranger was written and recorded for the second Austin Powers movie. The song managed its success due to airplay alone, and was the reason for the soundtrack's strong sales in the USA. The song is inspired by 60s pop and continued Madonna's electronic-pop-song trend.

FQkXRGV.jpg

07. La Isla Bonita (True Blue, 1986)
Last night I dreamt of San Pedro ...
This Spanish influenced song is sometimes disliked by Madonna fans due to the fact that it's one of her most performed songs. The song is part of her top 10 streak and is, in my opinion, Madonna's 2nd best song of the 80s.

dgZpBPW.jpg

06. Bedtime Story (Bedtime Stories, 1994)
Today is the last day that I'm using words ...
Written by Bjork, this is Madonna's most underrated song. The song essentially foreshadowed the direction Madonna would take with her next album (Ray of Light), incorporating elements of electronic and ambient music heavily for the first time. Many critics agree that Bedtime Story deserved to do better, and the song is additionally rarely performed by Madonna.

XsQ2bEv.jpg

05. Ray of Light (Ray of Light, 1998)
Zephyr in the sky at night ...
A song that always puts me in a good mood, due to its high energy and overall happy, upbeat feel. The title song to Madonna's masterpiece of an album, the song is about freedom. The music video is considered to be one of her best, winning the VMA for Video of the Year in 1998.

VVIOBTi.jpg

04. Like A Prayer (Like A Prayer, 1989)
Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone ...
The peak of Madonna's music from the 80s, Like A Prayer introduced the world to the religious imagery which she is now well known for. The music video, which features burning crosses among other Catholic symbols, was very controversial and is also considered one of her best music videos. The song itself is inspired by many genres, but largely rock, pop, and gospel music.

bmYnmxS.jpg

03. Hung Up (Confessions On A Dancefloor, 2005)
Time goes by so slowly ...
After her controversial and unsuccessful American Life era, Madonna decided she needed a less serious album that wasn't full of political commentary. Thus, Confessions was made - a high energy, full-on disco dance album, with Hung Up as the lead single. The song gave Madonna a powerful comeback, peaking at #1 in nearly country where it charted. The song was also named the most successful dance single of the 2000s.

uuW19s8.jpg

02. Frozen (Ray of Light, 1998)
You only see what your eyes want to see ...
Similar to Hung Up's situation, Madonna needed to freshen up her sound. Though Bedtime Stories was a good recovery from Erotica, Madonna decided to go into another direction, possibly inspired by the song Bedtime Story to go into a more experimental/electronic route. The album Ray of Light is very much ahead of its time, and the lead single, an ambient electronic ballad, much more so. Frozen was released as the lead single during a time when teen pop artists such as Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, etc. were dominating the scene, and was still a massive success.

DkiuzD5.jpg

01. Vogue (I'm Breathless, 1990)
Strike a pose.
The best Madonna song doesn't appear on any of her studio albums. The classical disco styled song, inspired by vogue dancers, features many of Madonna's most iconic moments. The song has the memorable spoken section where Madonna namedrops some of Hollywood's greatest classical actors and actresses. The music video, which is considered one of the best music videos of all time, and the choreography, the fashion (the cone bra in particular), the VMA performance where she dressed as Marie Antoinette. The song and music video are also credited for making the dance style mainstream. Vogue is one of Madonna's greatest moments.

And that's a wrap
tumblr_m7dmwfrc6W1rznzjco6_250.gif

--

Songs that almost made the cut:
Human Nature
Secret
Justify My Love
Celebration
Lucky Star
Material Girl
Express Yourself
Nothing Really Matters
Sorry

Dismissing my post I C, how unexpected

ip3C03aX7g6a0.gif

lol I am pretty sure the good sis has me on ignore lol, or at least he is passively ignoring me.

Other day in plug he shaded 1D....so I threw back the exact shade back at Rih (don't even remember what it was, but as I recall it was fairly standard stuff) because the irony was just too much.
I don't think I even brought up Bruises which is impressing for me.
To which he responded saying I was a child and how he was going to go back to ignoring me.

...and your post. Immediately dismissed because he didn't like it. He attacks anyone who disagrees with him mercilessly no matter the situation or whether or not its called for. Any opinion different than his own is considered to have some sinister motive.

Some people just can't take what they dish.

iReI9DtgAN14.gif

Bladenic

Well now I feel bad. I stand by what I said though.

You are probably right. I only posted it because I BARELY realized he had me on ignore. Then I realized what it was over and I couldn't help myself.

Are you sure he has you on ignore, or maybe he's just straight up ignoring you?

It's silly either way.

Are you sure he has you on ignore, or maybe he's just straight up ignoring you?

It's silly either way.

Fairly certain. He even ignored my olive branch to talk about The Good Wife...which we both love :(
Though as I noted....not really possible to tell whether I am actually on ignore or not.

I will probably dial back the Rihanna shade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom