• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

hnnngh

2kKXrrI.png

Akito

OP spoiler

Although Aokiji warns him to stop, Dofla doesn't listen and tries to finish off Smoker.
Dofla is frozen. But he's not frozen to the core, he breaks out of the ice by himself.

Dofla leaves saying he has no intention to fight Aokiji.
He asks "But tell me one thing... what exactly are you, Kuzan? I don't hear very good things about you."
Dofla: The face of an ordinary wanderer isn't the same as the face of someone determined.

The marines tend to Smoker
Aokiji: From the start I've never believed the World Government is all there is.
There are things I can accomplish without being in the marine. There are things I can see by not being affliated with anyone.
Smoker thinks Aokiji has some connections with the underground and that's how he knew this place.
Aokiji: Hey, Smoker, you know I'm still just me.
Smoker: If that's so... then fine.
Aokiji came here riding a giant PENGUIN (LOOOOOOLLL)

Dofla is the current KING of Dressrosa.
Aokiji is going to inform Sakazuki of what took place, so the marines will move their forces.
This will be the biggest case the New Marine has ever dealt with (as in, after the change the marines went through two years ago)

Meanwhile, on the seas
Usopp and others are wary there will be search parties after them, and had Kin-emon summon samurai armor for them. LOL
Zoro and Kin-emon have a fight. Kin-emon notices Zoro's Shuusui,and thought he robbed a grave for it.
Meanwhile Momo is taking shower with Robin. Robin is looking sexxyy
Brook, Sanji, and Kin-emon are jealous. Naturally.
Momo is quite a clever scheming child, he puts on a proud face as he is treated by Nami and Robin.

Next morning... the newspaper reports Dofla leaving the Shichibukai, as well as retiring from the throne at Dressrosa.
Law & Luffy alliance, and Appoo/Kid/Hawkins alliance are shown on the newspaper as well.

Dressrosa falls in chaos.
Doflamingo recieves another call from Law....

Exciting stuff

The one time I venture into the thread since it's move to community and there's OP spoilers. I never read them but I so want to know so bad. Think it's time for bed so I'm not tempted...

I want to know so bad. I love end of arc stories.

OP spoilers sounds kinda disappointing imo considering that

Aokiji and Don didn't fight but the fanservice from Robin and Nami should make it up. That and the newspaper but overall less action than I expected given the ending to last weeks chapter.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's too bad that Oda is so in love with having his female characters acting as Ms. Fanservice.

Nami's new world get-up, in particular, is bloody ridiculous.

What? You call that tame? I mean I wonder what would happen if something hooked on to her top or someone pushed down her jeans. lol

Edit: Poor Sanji would die of bloodloss but it would be a happy death.

dumbyugi

Jump TOC

One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Assassination Classroom
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Kuroko no Basket (Center Colour)
Toriko
World Trigger (23pg.)
Glass Feet (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Naruto
Bleach (Center Colour)
Koisuru Edison
Shokugeki no Souma
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi
Gintama
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Sket Dance
Medaka Box
Hungry Joker
Cross Manage
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

The provider forgot Toriko but it is in this weeks issue. EDIT: Added Toriko.

What? You call that tame? I mean I wonder what would happen if something hooked on to her top or someone pushed down her jeans. lol

Edit: Poor Sanji would die of bloodloss but it would be a happy death.

Yes i call that tame i seen worst just walking around town in a few Caribbean countries i been to .
Waiting for chapters to come out hype has me still awake .

wonzo

Banned
So it's Yotsuba with more drama? Interesting...

Oh hey, I already had it on my wishlist. Weird, maybe flawfuls mentioned it or something.
It's not so much more drama but rather these increasingly ridiculous and hilarious scenarios.

Jump TOC

Assassination Classroom
PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger (23pg.)
Naruto
Bleach (Center Colour)
Koisuru Edison
Shokugeki no Souma
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi
Gintama
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Sket Dance
Medaka Box
Hungry Joker
Cross Manage
owned

Jump TOC

Assassination Classroom
PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger (23pg.)
Naruto
Bleach (Center Colour)
Koisuru Edison
Shokugeki no Souma
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi
Gintama
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Sket Dance
Medaka Box
Hungry Joker
Cross Manage

The provider forgot Toriko but it is in this weeks issue.

Too bad color pages hide rankings otherwise I would have found out if Bleach recovered and if Oda got punished for taking that break. Naruto isn't #1 so that makes me happy.

Medaka Box is ending soon I believe so overall the bottom 5 for this week isn't bad imo.

At least Beelzebub managed to avoid it. Wonder if Tamura will go full battle shonen since it seems like the demon world is getting mixed in again? Or will it be Behemoth all over again?

Yes i call that tame i seen worst just walking around town in a few Caribbean countries i been to .
Waiting for chapters to come out hype has me still awake .

Well that explains that lol. What Caribbean countries btw if you don't mind me asking?

Kurita

Assassination Classroom is still the king.
PSI Kusuo Saiki is still doing good, too. I don't even know if a team is still translating it...

:lol at the bottom 3.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well that is more of a problem with how the character draw which i agree with her breasts to big .
The outfit it's self rather tame .

Dude, we can see like, 1/3 or even 2/3 of her... V.

I sometimes wonder how she manages to keep her pants from falling down considering her running and jumping and fighting all the time, hahaha (and I don't think she's wearing undie too....)

God can't believe I am talking about this, hahaha

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Binbougami Ga 51

So it seems like a major big bad has appeared.

I'm not sure if I'm just jaded nowadays though, because the "you're an enemy but I still love you awww" scene with botan just makes me cringe.

Very nice cover, one of Oda's best imo. But Luffy's hand looks like a skeleton with black ink all over it lol. Also Luffy looks kinda evil with that grin and the fire.

Looks like some weird coloring/shadowing, rather than a skeleton. I also wish that evil grin meant something, but Luffy probably just saw some food or whatever.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

Crazy abilities, plus a throwback to Naruto's fight with Orochimaru. The thousand hand jutsu looked alright. Fucking :lol at the ending though.

Naruto
With that flashback we can see how crazy these guys were .
Also doing more to tied in the Senju and Uchiha clans since they are fated to battle against each other .

I ain't gonna lie that naruto chapter was cool. Hashirama and Madara are beasts beasts got damn. Old surpassing the new my ass. They shit on the current kages from orbit

Dresden

A translation of a recent conversation between Daisuke Igarashi and Matsumoto Taiyou.

Worth a read if you're a fan of those two authors (and you should be, you bum.)

Matsumoto: There was this one time that I was talking with Shouji Morimoto, the animator, about how great you are, and what he said was that you really understand plants and animals. Like, your leaves are leaves, your cats are cats. When an artist draws a leaf, they have to understand leaves. I agreed with him, but to actually put that into practice is a different story, which is why lately I’ve been trying not to draw things that I don’t really understand. Your cats are so fluffy, they just feel right. I understand how to do it in theory, but I still can’t actually draw like that.

Igarashi: Your cats are really cat-like, though… and I don’t think I really do much “understanding” when I draw, either.

Matsumoto: In manga, pictures are symbols that are used to develop a story, and our predecessors have come up with a way to draw a cat when a story calls for cats, and a way to draw a worried facial expression when characters are worried, etc., so it’s really easy to fall into the habit of just imitating that and drawing cats without looking at an actual cat. You, though, seem like you actually observe cats, or whatever plant or animal, when you draw them, though.

Igarashi: I’m really happy to hear you say that.

Matsumoto: For example, in Children of the Sea, when Ruka’s riding her bicycle in the rain, you can practically smell it. It’s that rare kind of manga where you can actually smell the tide, you can smell the concrete.

Igarashi: I’d be more likely to attribute that to the reader being receptive. When I draw, I try to think of it more as if I’m sketching something, so I do my best to keep looking back at my base material, panel by panel, recreating the image in my head. For a reader who doesn’t know what it feels like when you’re standing on the seashore, though—the smell, the feeling of openness, the fear—I don’t think it’s possible for a scene on the seashore to really ring true, which is why I really do feel like I’m leaving the reader with all the responsibility. I do at least try to put together imagery using feelings that somehow ring true for me, though.

More at the link.

Mael

Cool Naruto chapter, nice to see Hashirama use Netero's Hyakushiki Kannon.
hyakushikikannon.jpg

I guess that explains why Madara was supremely bored with the other Kages...

Naruto
A good chapter, but I was musing at how many flashbacks we have gotten in this arc.

And then Kishimoto gave us a flashback within a flashback. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom