• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So remember when everyone thought hiruzen was a beast because he fought three kage level ninja. Hahahaha I doubt hashirama was brought back with a quarter of his power back then

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nor in terms of personality, badassness, intelligence, leadership, etc. etc. etc.

The new generation is worse in every possible way.

Don't forget the jutsu.

Hahah yeah. It seems like all the badass/powerful things that the new generation pull off is derived from something that the old generation conceived, especially Hashirama and his damn cells.

Edo Tensei? The 2nd. Rasengan? The 4th. Various overpowered stuff? The 1st.

Etc etc etc.

So remember when everyone thought hiruzen was a beast because he fought three kage level ninja. Hahahaha I doubt hashirama was brought back with a quarter of his power back then

Well, to be fair he's old as fuck.

Madao

Honestly I don't even WANT a naruto sasuke fight anymore. The sauce would have to go through ridiculous power ups to compare to naruto now let alone for both to pass hashirama and Madara

it could end up like Dragon Ball where the final major fight didn't have the strongest characters in the series (SSJ3 Goku vs Kid Buu)

Honestly I don't even WANT a naruto sasuke fight anymore. The sauce would have to go through ridiculous power ups to compare to naruto now let alone for both to pass hashirama and Madara

Don't worry the Sause will pull out a new eye power to make it a balanced fight

it could end up like Dragon Ball where the final major fight didn't have the strongest characters in the series (SSJ3 Goku vs Kid Buu)

Last fight has to be Naruto vs Sasuke, doesn't have to be a fight to the death though could simply be a battle of who is the better ninja.

It's funny that we're at a point where having Sasuke in it is more interesting and fun than chapters with Naruto.

And you guys ridiculed me, when I wished for Sasuke to come back!

I'd say it's more that all the current main characters are so boring that bringing back the hokages helps to remind us what it's like to have characters with actual chemistry.

Soma

Now I feel like a bad manga fan for not having read anything by Matsumoto. Any recommendations on a series to start with?

Takemitsu Zamurai is excellent. Just read that recently and it's definitely one of my favorite samurai manga.

Though speaking of which, I really do need to check out more stuff from him.

Khezu

Well not as versatile, I think current Naruto is on the same level as, or even above EMS Madara. Edo Rinnegan Madara is a different story.

The last 20 or so chapters of Naruto standing around doing nothing but talk nonsense to Obitio has made people forgot how strong he actually is when in full on BM.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: B-

As I told you guys a long long long time ago, Sauce portions > Naruto portions. And most of ya'll said otherwise.

Anyway, this chapter was pretty ballin. Hashirama is a boss, but of course even a battle of the titans had to devolve into a love and friendship-a-thon. What the fuck is Kishimoto's problem? Can we get ANY fight where we get a lot of action before 1/4th of the way through someone talks about friendship or just straight up stops fighting?

Flashback within a flashback. I see you, Kishi.

I still don't understand what any of this is going to do for Sasuke in particular. I mean, really.

I always thought this moment in the manga would be a lot more epic, a lot more climactic and grand. The moment we see Hashirama and Madara. Instead, we are getting it told to Shitsuke in some random temple as he is among two losers + Orochimaru from an Edo Tensei'd retconned Hashi. Huh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 seeds 122

What a pleasant chapter. There was no death, drama, and trauma at all!

Seems like they've closed the tension between hana and aramaki too. Aramaki is such a bro.

wonzo

Banned
Further confirmation on the anime Chimera Ant arc:

chimeraantarcconfirmedhellyeah.jpg

Bleach is out

Bleach 527

So I guess Ichigo has to learn about his Quincy/Shinigami roots before he'll be able to get his Zampakto back. The tease on Kenpachi's Zampakto name was lame -.-

Reknoc

Apparently the video game scans are the only thing EviLore gives a shit about, or so I've heard.

It looks like they'll pull a flashback straight after the Greed Island arc's over.

Makes sense.

Pretty hyped now, should catch up since I haven't seen it since the end of the York Shin arc.

Bleach
Blergh. Why does Ichigo always have to suck. We've been through the "get in touch with your shinigami whatchamacallit" song and dance so many times before.

Takemitsu Zamurai is excellent. Just read that recently and it's definitely one of my favorite samurai manga.

Though speaking of which, I really do need to check out more stuff from him.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Apparently the video game scans are the only thing EviLore gives a shit about, or so I've heard.

Probably because NeoGAF draws so much attention video game scans would warrant "new news new thread" and would get slammed drawing attention to it. I doubt anyone outside of regular mangaf members are going to see that scan.

Probably because NeoGAF draws so much attention video game scans would warrant "new news new thread" and would get slammed drawing attention to it. I doubt anyone outside of regular mangaf members are going to see that scan.

NeoGAF is mainly a huge gaming forum and scans of gaming mags get noticed a lot quicker. I think Lore got takedown notices before, too.

7 Seeds, 122

I still think Hana is getting spoiled, but it's good to see that the tension between her and Aramaki is gone. He went too easy on her, considering what happened, but the interaction between them was somewhat annoying in the last chapter, so I'm glad they got over with it. And lol @ Hana, the bug whisperer.

AND WHAT IS IT WITH THE HORSE FACE, IT FREAKS ME OUT EVERY TIME

Naruto

That fight was awesome. The two are basically magical nukes lol.

Bleach

Ichigo you suck
because you are not a shinigami.

Guess he will explore his Quincy roots.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach

So they did kill her. How pointless and stupid.

And are we really going to go through the whole "Ichigo doesn't have any powers/needs to get them back" thing, again? What's this, the 3rd time? Well, just go ahead and cue Quincy Ichigo already.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 Seeds, 122

I still think Hana is getting spoiled, but it's good to see that the tension between her and Aramaki is gone. He went too easy on her, considering what happened, but the interaction between them was somewhat annoying in the last chapter, so I'm glad they got over with it. And lol @ Hana, the bug whisperer.

AND WHAT IS IT WITH THE HORSE FACE, IT FREAKS ME OUT EVERY TIME

I don't know man, I read it more as aramaki's maturity (almost unreal in a way) than hana being spoiled. He knows that it can't be helped that she is going to go through a shelter, saying that even he would do it. Instead he grieved what needed to be grieved and then moved on like the man that he is.

Bleach

And are we really going to go through the whole "Ichigo doesn't have any powers/needs to get them back" thing, again? What's this, the 3rd time? Well, just go ahead and cue Quincy Ichigo already.

I think it happened more than 3 times, didn't Ichigo have a severe quadruple dip moment during the Arrrancar arc?

I don't know man, I read it more as aramaki's maturity (almost unreal in a way) than hana being spoiled. He knows that it can't be helped that she is going to go through a shelter, saying that even he would do it. Instead he grieved what needed to be grieved and then moved on like the man that he is.

It's the time span that annoys me. He lost a big part of his "family" and it seemed like he forgave Hana over night. And all the talk about everyone stood up for her and chased Ango away. I almost don't want her to get reunited with Arashi. Stop being so blessed, happy and lucky! :lol

I think it happened more than 3 times, didn't Ichigo have a severe quadruple dip moment during the Arrrancar arc?

Trying to get more powerful =/= losing your powers and trying to get them back

It's the time span that annoys me. He lost a big part of his "family" and it seemed like he forgave Hana over night. And all the talk about everyone stood up for her and chased Ango away. I almost don't want her to get reunited with Arashi. Stop being so blessed, happy and lucky! :lol

Believe me neither Hana nor Arashi deserve to find each other at this point

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

I was actually just thinking of post-Aizen battle stuff. If you include the entire series.... damn, perhaps the guy should just give up on this whole "hero" business. It's clearly not working out for him.

Bleach

Aren't you guys glad that Bleach has all this rich character development? Kubo truly is the second coming of Jane Austen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom