• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Yeah, but Oda could have just cut out the trip to Punk Hazard and saved us a chapter. I mean really, what would have been lost? He was just trying to hype us with a fake Dofla vs Aokiji to make the past chapter seem better.
It shows that Dofla isn't someone you should fuck with, he won't be just sitting there if someone has the nerve to blackmail him. His trip was unsuccessful because he was dealing with Law who apparently knows him very well.

rouken

One Piece
Nice to see Robin, who used to be a respectable, strong female, has been relegated to nothing more than Fanservice. God, what has she actually done in the past 40+ chapters?
Dofla's trip to Punk Hazard was also pointless. Nothing even happened...

really?

20111121103454!Gigantesco_Mano.jpg

tumblr_md4iqqVrkN1ro1lxq.png

also, punk hazard could have been shorter imo but its also a necessary arc, because of CC. he is a central focus of both doflamingo and law, and we have to know why. that's what punk hazard is for, the experiments, SAD, devil fruit research. its kind of a bridge arc just like the ones in arabasta.

Reknoc

Thriller Bark had fights? All I remember her doing is this
U460jC4.png

That was the peak of her involvement in the entire series. She could have just gone "I'm done, peace out" and left the series and I would have felt satisfied that she did her part.

Reknoc

Actually that reminds me, I recently read Vol. 60...something and it had a bunch of sketched ideas for post timeskip designs. Short haired Robin was one of them and one pretty hot (certainly better than what we got)

rouken

Yeah uhh.. If you'd make a post like this for any strawhat that isn't Robin, they'd be a lot bigger.

well he was asking if robin did anything in the last chapters, so i posted some. :)

and if anything i think robin has done more things than nami, its just that there's so many characters running around every chapter that Oda's got to focus on them. like doflamingo, aokiji, smoker, law, momo and kinemon. they're getting the spotlight because we don't know much about them. we just gotta wait for the time robin and the others have to contribute in the story (like when robin looked at poneglyph in fishman island), then we will see that they are doing something. just right now, they are merely side characters that we all know about.

Qurupeke

One Piece
Dofla's trip to Punk Hazard was also pointless. Nothing even happened...

Not true. Don't forget that Aokiji appeared. Well, he didn't do something now, but he is going to be a very important character in the future. To tell the truth, the first thing I thought about him in this chapter is that he wants to be take DoFla's role as the king of the underworld or be a Yonkou. Everything is possible with him. He is very suspicious and currently one of the strongest characters OP. Also, let's not forget about these frozen people on the island. I think it's the only thing that Oda hasn't clarified about PH yet.

Kurita

Actually that reminds me, I recently read Vol. 60...something and it had a bunch of sketched ideas for post timeskip designs. Short haired Robin was one of them and one pretty hot (certainly better than what we got)
Vol 61, read it yesterday. *brofist*

FYC

Banned
Trigun Vol. 2 finally came in. Now I have Trigun Vol 1 + 2 and the first Omnibus for Maximum, second one is coming out in March. Woo!

Haven't seen the anime but I'll watch it once I'm done reading.

Stinky

Naruto

Hashiramas arm summon was really cool, blegh at double flashback though. Kishi is going to hammer home the next generation theme again by having young Madara look and act exactly like Sasuke.

Bleach

Kenpachi must have turned into a snake recently, that guy is constantly unhinging his entire jaw. Colour page was really awesome
WybuEPN.jpg

What a tease with the sword's name. Ichigo's section was dumb. Where did get sent to exactly? Another nameless dimension? Surely he wasn't 8'ed to the human world?? It seems that way though, "go home" and all.

I guess he'll meet up with Ishida and they'll be Quincy pals. Still hate that Ichigo might be half-quincy but what can ya do.

One Piece

Kind of stupid how Doflamingo immediately leaves Punk Hazard when Aokiji showed up. I know people in this thread usually dislike all the crew banter but I loved it.

Is that Dofla without his sunglasses in the last panel? And why does Law's Den Den look like its asleep when its him calling?

Stinky

I like bottom right design the most. Actually I like all of them more than the current one.

Bottom right is a cool character design but it doesn't feel like Robin. I wish any of the short haired ones had been picked instead though.

I checked my own copy before I saw you post this, the text above Franky says "What kind of freak show has he turned into?!" haha.

ant1532

Banned
Naruto

Hashiramas arm summon was really cool, blegh at double flashback though. Kishi is going to hammer home the next generation theme again by having young Madara look and act exactly like Sasuke.

Yeah but, where Sasuke excelled in his youth over Naruto, its the opposite here. but maybe thats not fair, since Hashirama is a fucking god. Skipping stones all g and shit.

Bleach
Looks like Zaraki can finally hear his sword and Ichigo had to go back to basic .

One Piece
The whole world know what is going on with young pirates is interesting .
Not a bad cool down chapter .

Stinky

Nah, that's the Den Den Mushi. They're only awake when someone picks up the phone.

Ah, duh. Thought the eyes looked really odd. I guess I dont pay enough attention to this manga if after almost 700 chapters I dont know how the den dens work haha.

Oh, and somebody else noticed this, thought it was funny.

aJGfULI.png

Korosenai

Ah, duh. Thought the eyes looked really odd. I guess I dont pay enough attention to this manga if after almost 700 chapters I dont know how the den dens work haha.

Oh, and somebody else noticed this, thought it was funny.

aJGfULI.png

Bepo! He needs to make an appearance soon.

ryan13ts

Bleach:

So Kenpachi actually has learned the name of his sword? Hell yeah, but fuck the whole tease though. I'm betting Yachiru was his sword all along, but he couldn't really "hear her" or some shit like that. If not, I'll be presently surprised, but whatever the case is, his shikai or bankai better be balls awesome.

One Piece:

So it looks like Kuzan has joined Dragon? Fucking incredible, but not completely unexpected. There were plenty of signs of him being dissatisfied and disgusted with the way the Marines/World Goverment operated. I'm sure it didn't take much to swing him around to Dragon's point of view.

And OMG at that fucking kid, I thought I was going to die laughing from that look on his face when he's pressed against Robin's breasts.... Talk about some serious fan service this chapter. And I can't wait to see the implications of all these alliances being announced, shit is about to get real in the New World.

Bleach:

So Kenpachi actually has learned the name of his sword? Hell yeah, but fuck the whole tease though. I'm betting Yachiru was his sword all along, but he couldn't really "hear her" or some shit like that. If not, I'll be presently surprised, but whatever the case is, his shikai or bankai better be balls awesome.

I don't think so. Yachiru's reiatsu has the shape of a panther or whatever, Zaraki's is a skeleton.

Bleach

What a waste of a character.

well he knows the name now which should be interesting i guess (even though his style of fighting makes it worthless).

Don't give a flying fuck about Ichigo's predicament so whatever.

One Piece

LOL @ Momo

And damn Aokiji seems to be doing some really shady stuff now since he is no longer apart of the Marines, should be interesting to see what it is really.

Domflamingo resigning is also very interesting and how the hell does the paper know of Luffy's team up with Law already?

Stinky

So it looks like Kuzan has joined Dragon?

I think he is a lone wolf. Smoker asked his affiliations and he just said "I'm just me" or something. I think he a different sense of justice to the marines but he isnt exactly a revolutionary.

Specifically Akainu who he mentioned this chapter. Kuzan saved Robin during her flashback and generally lets the strawhats off, I'm not surprised he isnt in the marines anymore because he doesnt fit the "absolute justice" trope that Akainu as the new head of the marines would surely enforce more strongly now.

Korosenai

One Piece

What's up with the animals in this chapter? First Aokiji riding a penguin and then this thing in the water near the Thousand Sunny

jmDMfEH72EHRb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom