• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #3 |OT| - Power Mech - Autobricks Unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTE

Wow. Some really amazing work so far. My set just got delivered today (2 weeks from South Korea, free shipping? Not bad!)
I can't wait to get home and start messing around!!

Wow. Some really amazing work so far. My set just got delivered today (2 weeks from South Korea, free shipping? Not bad!)
I can't wait to get home and start messing around!!

ermUkmA.gif

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
This thread just keeps producing amazing items. Makes my storm chaser look like crap, but I am fine with that. Love everything in here. Great Job everyone! Keep it coming.

mrkgoo

Why cant you play with us?
Same reason as last time unfortunately, the set isn't available here. :(

But in other news, a store here has a buy one get one half price. I really feel like some lego haha!

Been buying some mini figs. My sister went to a store yesterday and found one still selling series 3-5. I still see many stores with 6-8.

ghostmind

My first MOC in a long while, and I came up with the "Cosmic Serpent":

3pKrs49.jpg

Why "Cosmic", well the Bugoids have a new ally:

OaE37Ur.jpg

G0b0k0L.jpg

What was left:

KzmiJtA.jpg

Photo bomb.

EDIT: Added photo of all items in one shot.

The 3 photos below represent all the items created.

Only 2 spaceships were created in photo below. Just providing alternate close-up view.

Leftovers:

------------------- Details on units -------------------

Enemy fighters engaging. Swooooosh!

Full set is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77859786@N02/sets/72157632809667274/

Sample of setup used when taking photos. Used natural lighting from window.

Here's my setup at work.
http://instagram.com/p/MYq5OcATGo/

FillerB

A bit late and not terribly original compared to some of the other entries (Boombox @_@) but I present you the Royal Cyclopian Society's Mark III Walking Device. Ideal for wandering the world, crushing uninvited visitors with its twin machine guns and reciting heartwarming poetry.

(quoted for size)
Front view (with pilot)
iboJfpXj15C0mY.JPG

Front view 2 (with pilot)
ibsouCPid6mQiq.JPG

Front view 3 (without pilot, cockpit open)
i7FW1WtVNYVd4.JPG

Back view (without pilot, cockpit open)
iY382jGJAziY6.JPG

Top view (with pilot)
iJ3Jl6tKRryfW.JPG

Spare parts
i1Fj2tGKwuiKY.JPG

Alright I may have cheated a bit by adding a neat minifig. Still it was fun as hell and not all that bad for my first MOC in 12 years.

Ironmask

A bit late and not terribly original compared to some of the other entries (Boombox @_@) but I present you the Royal Cyclopian Society's Mark III Walking Device. Ideal for wandering the world, crushing uninvited visitors with its twin machine guns and reciting heartwarming poetry.

(quoted for size)

Alright I may have cheated a bit by adding a neat minifig. Still it was fun as hell and not all that bad for my first MOC in 12 years.

thanks for zeroing my chance of winning this contest

R-User!

Michaelangelo: "Oooh Nooo!!! It's the Turtle Terrorship!"

Krang: "The Nutrinoans didn't know that it was I, the brains of this outfit, who placed the order for the TURTLE Terrorship from Dimension X.
I really do love being evil!"

nQpvlc7l.jpg

vlSzfiyl.jpg

Side Front Right of the Terrorship!

FhSSYNvl.jpg

Rear Left Corner
8re3F1Vl.jpg

Rear Center -Check out the DUAL exhaust!
uCIGSWFl.jpg

Ominous view of the impending doom...
56pcFyJl.jpg

"Look at the shine on this thing!.... ....I just had it washed."
HTGhsL1l.jpg

"TRANSFORM!!! MY TURTLE TERROSHIP!!!
Engage that miserable turtle!!!"
tCoP0Ykl.jpg

"Oh no! I really don't like the looks of that turtle... ...even though it is a turtle.
It's a good thing I have my Turtle Tankcopter!!! I am SO getting outta here on this thing!
fDjbdMYl.jpg

"Now what're you gonna do brainiac?!"
m0069ihl.jpg

"Yikes!" I guess that answers my question!"
aytgSnQl.jpg

"Turtle Power!"
NHkZSD9l.jpg

"Pew, pew, BLAST!!!" *helicopter sounds as Michaelangelo flies away*
r4qcHhHl.jpg

Turtle Tankcopter Front Side View - Rear Jet Propulsion and Front Lower Laser and Upper Heavy Cannon!
V51ET9Zl.jpg

*Terrorship deciding what to do next*
meVElZil.jpg

Terrorship Vs Tankcopter! Who will blink first!
CBVD7pFl.jpg

"No you idiot! Your supposed to attack the Turtles, not me!!"
8WSVlall.jpg

"Daddy!?"
Right Side of Turtle Mode - Dat snot work! -
gzIhzBnl.jpg

Belly of Turtle Mode -"Wassup"-
xTkI8syl.jpg

Right Rear of Terrorship Mode - Can you say Back to the Future? - ;]
M6pRfXil.jpg

Dat Engines! Dos Lights!
szRRODjl.jpg

Turtle Terrorship in JET PURSUIT MODE!!!
fQ94nSCl.jpg

Dat Armor!
EpR34fol.jpg

Two Extra Pieces
6eIk9ldl.jpg

Friends again?......

to be continued in the next episode of,

Teenage Mutant Ninja Terrorship!!!

I hope you guys had fun checking out my creation! I started wondering what I would make, and I simply decided to make a regular turtle... ...but the more I built it, the more it became a mechanized thing... which led me to what you see above...

I really like a ton of these creations that you all have made and I really had fun creating this Turtle Terrorship as well as captioning each pic! :)

May the most popular creation win!! :)

Five Pics:

8WSVlall.jpg

"Daddy!?"
Right Side of Turtle Mode - Dat snot work! -d
uCIGSWFl.jpg

Ominous view of the impending doom...
M6pRfXil.jpg

Dat Engines! Dos Lights!
szRRODjl.jpg

Turtle Terrorship in JET PURSUIT MODE!!!
meVElZil.jpg

Terrorship Vs Tankcopter! Who will blink first!
Two Extra Pieces In this pic.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I made a dragon. A baby dragon. Baby dragons don't eat crown knights they want to be friends with them. This scares crown knights.

G5C7Kb4l.jpg

FhHZ3VXl.jpg

KOydAHFl.jpg

Av91hsNl.jpg

k9g194zl.jpg

R-User!

I'm gonna join in on the give away portion of this contest, and contribute these two poly bags:

tyrAISY.jpg

MTT!

and,

O6BC9QQ.jpg

Winzar!

These will ship from the U.S., though if it costs more than 25 bucks to ship to another country, I may have to get permission from the wife... :) But if it's anywhere in US or Canada, I would imagine there would be no cost-prohibitive dynamic. I hope you guys across the globe can understand. :)

R-User!

i don't know if that was intentional, but R-User! turtleship looks like something out of R-Type :) good job man!

Not intentional but a cool observation by you ntl!

What's your favorite part?
A. The Turtle
B. The Airship
C. The Jet
D. The Whole Enchilada

Ironmask

Not intentional but a cool observation by you ntl!

What's your favorite part?
A. The Turtle
B. The Airship
C. The Jet
D. The Whole Enchilada

i like more the airship mode, it is proportionate and well executed, the turtle is a plus as when you see a vehicle and you say: "Hey that kawasaki really looks like a panther!"

something like this:

robjoh

EDIT: It seems that the pictures does not work, I will try to understand why and fix it
EDIT2: Now it should work...

My build, pretty happy with it. Not as happy about the pictures. My mobile camera is not that good :)

Started with an idea that I could do a live axle from the legs of the robot. So wanted to build a vehicle around that. Just went with the flow and suddenly I was building a death race car :)

The build was fun, especially when I had problem to finish the rear end due to lack of parts.

The whole car
9SFfNcU.jpg

The rear end with shield
eWsZTlJ.jpg

Close up on driver with weapons around him
K5AgOK4.jpg

Spare parts and showing the live axle, I now notice that I have the back pack from the minifig in the spare part mixture (the minifig was taken from the cottage I had build before). I hope that is not seen as cheating :(
gmapAfR.jpg

One last picture on the car and spare parts.
saRHbuP.jpg

I had really fun joining this MOC competition, and I hope there will be more of them in the future :)

Ironmask

Close up on driver with weapons around him
K5AgOK4.jpg

Spare parts and showing the live axle, I now notice that I have the back pack from the minifig in the spare part mixture (the minifig was taken from the cottage I had build before). I hope that is not seen as cheating :(
gmapAfR.jpg

I had really fun joining this MOC competition, and I hope there will be more of them in the future :)

really neat idea for the axle, i'd never thought about that

One thing i have learned to include for sure next time is a minifig, they make EVERY MOC better instantly ;)) it adds humor/emotion which is a + for every entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom