• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

I picked up the MG Unicorn Banshee gundam kit!! I will build it some weekend in the future.

Built it just recently, honestly I just wasn't a fan of it. I really dislike both the ABS and AVN, I hate their design and they are more trouble then they are worth.

That said the base is great, just Unicorn in Navy Blue. Really excited for Banshee Norn Master Grade.

Also I recently ordered the Metal Boy Ex Gokin Grendizer Black version. Anyone here buy the original? Haven't seen many vids of it on Youtube.

Rootbeer

Banned
Somehow stumbled upon these yesterday. Gave some consideration to ordering them... but I was a big Ninja Turtles fan and was entering my early teens when Power Rangers got big, so it's kinda out of my window. The characters look cool but I have no idea who they are, lol.

Sigh. I wish more Japanese figures would get western releases like this. Bandai is good about it, not so much on these other companies.

johnsmith

remember me
Somehow stumbled upon these yesterday. Gave some consideration to ordering them... but I was a big Ninja Turtles fan and was entering my early teens when Power Rangers got big, so it's kinda out of my window. The characters look cool but I have no idea who they are, lol.

Sigh. I wish more Japanese figures would get western releases like this. Bandai is good about it, not so much on these other companies.

Kotobukiya is pretty good on releasing their figures in the US, at least the Bishoujo figures.

Rootbeer

Banned
Kotobukiya is pretty good on releasing their figures in the US, at least the Bishoujo figures.
given that this is a figure model thread, yes. but i mean more along the lines of poseable figures since that's all I collect.

I've been tempted to try some Play Arts stuff. Will probably cave on the Kingdom Hearts figures... i hope those get a US release

Elixir

If anyone's looking for Alter's Kongiku, which is pre-sold on all major websites, I would be willing to give up my preorder. Contact me if interested.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
One thing I don't like i the legs. It looks like you brought a generic pair of robot legs then glued a couple of hot wheels cars to them.

You're not entirely wrong, although they're obviously bigger than Hot Wheels cars. The gestalt robot's legs and feet are formed from Motormaster's trailer, and Breakdown/Wildrider plug onto the rather skeletal limbs to provide support. It's an interesting way to do a combiner's legs, and actually somewhat faithful to the way the character has been portrayed in comics and cartoons.

Pachimari

I see the Kotobukiya TTT2 Bishoujo JayCee figure is being released in the West on March 27 but where can I order it the cheapest? Amazon.com is out of the question and the Japanese import is $80 at Amazon UK at the moment.

cajunator

Banned
Recently unboxed all the ALTER K-On figures finally and displayed them. Great quality.
c1QQKKs.jpg

One thing I don't like i the legs. It looks like you brought a generic pair of robot legs then glued a couple of hot wheels cars to them.

It's based on this Menasor by Don Fig.

I can see where it looks kinda just glued on, but I think it works for the aesthetic and keeps the legs beefy while not making them just flat bottomed car feet or compromising the other two modes for Not-Breakdown and Not-Wildrider.

LiK

Scrolling through the non-close up shots I'm thinking "this looks pretty good" but then

nope. I remember picking up a Revoltech Jehuty in person and thought the same thing; looks nice from a distance but up close it looks kind of bad.

Revoltechs look better the less paint they have. looks really sloppy on the Ardjet in that review.

Bombless

Scrolling through the non-close up shots I'm thinking "this looks pretty good" but then

nope. I remember picking up a Revoltech Jehuty in person and thought the same thing; looks nice from a distance but up close it looks kind of bad.

Wow, the closeup on the chest...that can't be right. And this is a released figure? Not a prototype or something?

Such a shame, as the model itself looks great and well thought out.

anyone have any idea where i can get this?:

082ae2e7b7558f32e2e9b6c2bf652ac6.jpg
Found the mark 4 non-damaged one here:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/iron-man-mk-iv-mark-4-figure-with-light-532820740
And damaged one here:
http://www.toystrike.net/en/product/item/949/product_detail.html
But....:http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/635035-anyone-have-any-dealings-toystrike-net.html

Quote for a 5% off plamoya code. It expires in about 10 hrs I think.
They usually have some decent stuff for sale, but there's nothing that's a must buy that I don't already have.
http://plamoya.com/en/specials.html?nid=2189356051

Gonna add my code along seeing as it was a couple page back:
Plamoya "Reorder code" 5% off for anyone here to take it, it expires at Wednesday 27th March, 2013.
Quote here for it, be sure to post if you used it
http://plamoya.com/en/

sky

Recently unboxed all the ALTER K-On figures finally and displayed them. Great quality.

Those look great! Nice poses as well.

Yeah... it looks rough :/. I think it would look a lot better unpainted. I guess you could always cover it yourself with a solid colour, but that would also take some skill to get just right.

Pachimari

And as soon as we talked about the Kotobukiya Bishoujo JayCee yesterday, it popped up on Amazon UK today for like $54 - already ordered! :D

Pachimari

Oh wow, I ordered the JayCee figure from Infinity & Beyond (I think I have shopped there before) like 2 hours ago and it's already dispatched.

mai is coming today weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wished there was a good morrigan/lilith figure (don't really like the cvs 2 one that much).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Usually I'm not a fan of cloth on figures but it seems to work here. Face looks much better than the Figma version.

Finally picked up my Rex since I was out of town for a while, but damn so gorgeous. Really scares you to pose the thing though with how tight the joints are and how they crack/click when you move any part. Most reviews seem to indicate this is just normal but that it's fairly sturdy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm just lucky the Yen went down in value just as the BPS went to shit. Otherwise I'd have to kiss goodbye to figurine collecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom