• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Screenshot thread (56k no)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Mashing said:
Ummm, you can talk shit about the DS 3d capabilities if you want, but using Phantom Hourglass as an example is stupid. PH has some of the best looking 3D on the system. Find a better example.

No it doesn't, every Zelda has looked beautiful, and I think this one does not, at all. They should have stuck with 2D.

ant1532

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Dragon Quest IX

Some shots off-screen from the megaton conference. The last one shows real-time clothing change! Something that the series has never had! ;) Seriously - the only thing VIII ever showed was jessica's bikini and weapon changes. This is definitely a cool edition.
scr_005.jpg
That seems ****ing great.

If only SE could get online + Voice in this. Damn

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
some 3d games look great like DQ9, FF12:RW, PH, EO etc... etc...

put some Pokemon D/P pics over there too.

DS is going to have a monster year in 2007

Wow, Revenant Wing looks awesome!!

I'm more concerned over how PH plays not how it looks, when I first saw it shown it was actually the best looking 3D I had seen on the system so far.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i love my psp, but i am so glad i have a ds right now. dq9, heroes of mana, revenant wings, ff:cc, luminous acrs, and the bleach games are going to occupy my time for a while

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I like Izuna's writing (<3 Atlus localizations) and it has cute art, but I'm pretty sure the game's gonna suck. :\ Not to mention the graphics aren't really that pretty.
I'm overconfident in it because Altus has never delivered me a bad game before. There is a first time for everything, but I hope this is not one such occasion.

Ra\/en

woah... This thread makes me so excited. I havent been this excited for the release list on a system since.. um... i can't remember.

holy crap. I think ill be playing my DS a lot more than my 360 next year. And thats with the 360's amazing lineup.

wow!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DS = SHIN SNES?

i swear a lot of these games make me feel good about gaming again... Zeruda and FF.. wow!

McBacon said:
No it doesn't, every Zelda has looked beautiful, and I think this one does not, at all. They should have stuck with 2D.

Wtf? This is the first time I EVER heard anyone say "Zelda PH has bad graphics for a DS game".

The problem with that statement is that it can't be right because these visuals are EXCELLENT for a DS game, especially in action. It does look worse when you show screens, but they are excellent in the videos. This is fact for all cel shaded DS games.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I think that in this FF Ring of fate shot collection there are "new" (or at least, I don't recognise some)

up157697.jpg

cicero

Mashing said:
Ummm, you can talk shit about the DS 3d capabilities if you want, but using Phantom Hourglass as an example is stupid. PH has some of the best looking 3D on the system. Find a better example.
It still doesn't look anywhere near as good as sprites.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Burnout Legends DS

Release Date: Available Now

Posting this so that certain people can understand what shitty 3d looks like on the system and then hopefully stop comparing DS 3d to something like the PSP.

burnout-legends-20051114033108572.jpg

burnout-legends-20051114033109728.jpg

burnout-legends-20051114033113103.jpg

burnout-legends-20051114033111165.jpg

burnout-legends-20051114033114149.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
A Link to the Snitch said:
Wtf? This is the first time I EVER heard anyone say "Zelda PH has bad graphics for a DS game".

The problem with that statement is that it can't be right because these visuals are EXCELLENT for a DS game, especially in action. It does look worse when you show screens, but they are excellent in the videos. This is fact for all cel shaded DS games.
The problem is that the characters, objects and effects are cell-shaed but the environment is not. It looks bad, like if you took the characters and objects from Mario World and put them in Sonic 3.

Blablurn

I also think PH doesnt look good. In fact it looks crappy.
I played it at GamesConvention in Leipzig and it wasnt good, its boring to tap on enemies to hit them. Im glad they're doing some tuning now

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Infernal Monkey said:
Bubble Bobble Double Shot
image0047.jpg

Wow. This game looks amazing! I freaking LOVE the artwork, especially this shot and the last one. It's little games like this, that might be a solid game, but the artwork can make it special...even without particularly stunning graphics.

Flakster99

Awesome thread. Digging what the DSL has instore for us in 2007. Honestly, I'm very happy to believe, feel that the GBA may finally be supplanted as my platform of choice for these past 5 years.

For the longest time, the GBA was my primary focus, and it's lineup at one point allowed me to play it without the need to purchase a console. I already have the Wii, but the DSL is where it's at, and for myself, will continue to be where it's at for the majority of my gamer needs. :)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
PansenHansen said:
FF Ring of fate looks awesome o_O
I am assuming you have FFIII then as it appears to be the same graphics engine?

heh.. it isn't much better than N64, but the smaller screen size and fantastic art direction go a lloooooonggg ways.

Blablurn

Well the Engine's at least modified very strong.
The CrystalChronicles one has 3d environmenr, while FF3 has 2d buildings and something.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Custom Robo Arena

Release Date: 3/19/07

Coming this march is the fifth (I think) in Nintendo Pokemon meets Virtua On meets Armored Core robot battle series.

180222brp.jpg

custom-robo-ds-20060509001214270.jpg

custom-robo-ds-20060509001214270.jpg

custom-robo-ds-20060509001214707.jpg

custom-robo-ds-20060509001215551.jpg

custom-robo-ds-20060509001216270.jpg

custom-robo-ds-20060509001216801.jpg

custom-robo-ds-20060509001217239.jpg

I am so glad Custom Robo got delayed. I really dug the N64 and GC games and drool at the thought of online multiplayer but it would've totally gotten lost in the shuffle if it had stuck to its December release date, like many others already have (sorry Squeak Squad and Yoshi's Island).

WOW

Rings of Fate is easily the most beautiful 3D game I've seen on the system... I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on it. Wow.

and note to Amirox clones, I'm not saying anything like "wow that is some good 3D, that's PS2 grfx right there". I honestly think it just looks... well, pretty.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Blablurn said:
Well the Engine's at least modified very strong.
The CrystalChronicles one has 3d environmenr, while FF3 has 2d buildings and something.
FF3 doesnt have 2d buildings. environments and the characters model were all rendered in 3d

radcliff

Sorry for the stupid question, but how will gameplay differ between FF XII: RW and Heroes of Mana? Based on screens, they seem to be the same type of game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
PantherLotus said:
Wow. This game looks amazing! I freaking LOVE the artwork, especially this shot and the last one. It's little games like this, that might be a solid game, but the artwork can make it special...even without particularly stunning graphics.

It's a shame the developer rapes the corpse of bub and bob. Bubble bobble DS was an abomination.

you need 2 carts and 2 dses to beat the original game, the only good part of that god forsaken cartridge. wankers should have made the ds wireless share the original.

radcliff said:
Sorry for the stupid question, but how will gameplay differ between FF XII: RW and Heroes of Mana? Based on screens, they seem to be the same type of game.

FFXIIRW is basically FFXII in 2D from what I gather, although with more party members. HoM is a SRPG.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmm about Azuna, it's a dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons, so it's already pretty meh to me.

In an atlus press release they say:

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/atlus_software/319802.html

Izuna Key Features:
• Deep, challenging labyrinths that change every time you enter!
• Use Talismans to cast spells or power up your equipment!
• Customize and power up your weapons, which gain strength over time!

Oh, also from the press release:

Finally, a dungeon RPG strong enough for a man… but played as a hot chick! Drop your stylus, you pansy, and get back to the old school, hardcore, monster bashing we all grew up on!

But at least I have this screenshot:
PERS.gif

To use later!

Oh and about Revenant Wings... Holy crap, didn't somebody say this was supposed to be a "my first Final fantasy" type game? Doesn't look like it!

I'm really surprised nobody posted the SNK Vs Capcom pics with the Phoenix Wright characters.

Shard said:

Not to say DS 3D = PSP 3D, but wtf? It was 3D haters that brought up discussion about the DS' 3D capabilities. Do not use a horrible looking game to show off the DS' 3D capabilities.

Top Bottom