• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
So did anime get saved today by Aku no Hana or is it still stuck in the cycle of dying and undying?

Gonna watch it irregardless but otherwise I must mentally prepare myself for greatness.

How short is she?

ibdioft5AeN81m.jpg

This short, considering Maou might be super short like every other anime character in the world.

Steroyd

Ginga e Kickoff - 38

72s33Db.jpg

Rooney? or perma :womzo face? THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE!!

This was painful to watch, mostly because the premise got really stupid, and I need people to call out their names to know who the hell they are, only person they couldn't get wrong was Balotelli, cos he's black and has that stupid hair and he's a nutcase.

BluWacky

This season has the best character designs since Heartcatch Precure and Panty & Stocking in 2010!

Aaaaah, so THIS explains why it's Sucy! Her surname is Filipino - the Manbabarang is a Pinoy mythical witch. Sucy is a Pinoy first name. Ergo...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I just noticed Akko has the shortest skirt. Shiny Chariot is corrupting witch youth.
Aaaaah, so THIS explains why it's Sucy! Her surname is Filipino - the Manbabarang is a Pinoy mythical witch. Sucy is a Pinoy first name. Ergo...
Trigger with dat detail

Branduil

One minute into Flowers of Evil

I'm pretty sure I'd like this better if someone pulled an N64-kart glitch and it was just the background art with invisible characters talking.

Branduil

Well this is one of the worst OPs ever, unless they're pulling a SHAFT.

Yeah thanks show I already saw those backgrounds one minute ago.

duckroll

Aku no Hana - Episode 1 ; First 4 minutes 30 seconds

That is as long as I lasted before I had to turn it off. Unbearable. It was like playing a high end PC game on a netbook. You can see the design behind it, but it just wasn't performing anywhere near the level which makes it playable. There's classic UE3 texture pop-in (really badly optimized too), the framerate is about 20fps below what it should be, the audio is completely desycned in all the cutscenes because it's streaming separately from the in-game models, etc. You get the idea. Unwatchable imo. Can't even rate it, because it was just too unpleasant to pay attention to anything.

Edit: This is the last thing I saw before I gave up:

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

That is as long as I lasted before I had to turn it off. Unbearable. It was like playing a high end PC game on a netbook. You can see the design behind it, but it just wasn't performing anywhere near the level which makes it playable. There's classic UE3 texture pop-in (really badly optimized too), the framerate is about 20fps below what it should be, the audio is completely desycned in all the cutscenes because it's streaming separately from the in-game models, etc. You get the idea. Unwatchable imo. Can't even rate it, because it was just too unpleasant to pay attention to anything.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Branduil

Too bad you didn't last until the 14 minute mark Duckroll, you missed a chance to see the same exact scene from the first minute all over again.

Joe Molotov

Edit: This is the last thing I saw before I gave up:

Years from now, I'll still remember where I was when I heard that anime died.

Mr.Jeff

Have you seen me? I finished GUNDAM AGE. I'm a True Hero. Nobody mention Rah Xephon because I don't know that it is humanly possible to finish watching that show. I'll try after I finish 00.
RahXephon has a few redeeming qualities in its music and a single episode about 2/3's of the way through the series but there's a lot to dislike about it. I kinda liked some of the ideas they were trying to do but the execution was not brilliant and I wanted most of the characters dead which isn't a good sign.

I can't remember if Branduil ever finished his "no subs" watch of this?

Glad you enjoyed GaoGaiGar Corvo. As you mentioned, the beginning does make you wonder why it gets all the praise it does but when it finally turns ultra ridiculous in the second half, it makes up for it in spades.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Majestic Prince 01
It's fine I guess. The action scenes weren't particularly exciting, and everything seemed removed from danger. There's not really good tracking on where everyone was in relation to each other, and even the layout of the battlefield seemed super obtuse. Somebody already brought this up but the time stops for each character reaction kill the momentum or suspension of disbelief for any scene. If it was supposed to be funny it didn't really do a very good job of that either.

The only thing I really liked was the character designs. There's already a big cast but it was easy to keep track of who is who. I actually find the drab standard space locations almost jarringly dull compared to the mechs and characters that really pop out. This show might get better when it takes off the training wheels so I'll probably watch more.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This is legitimately depressing.

I guess I'll just go buy the manga volumes unless Vertical canceled them halfway through or something.

Metrotab

Banned
Drinking wine during this show fits very well.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 41: The Operation is Named Ragnarok

~ The Alliance deserves to be destroyed, and it will be. ~

Reinhard wastes no time on the planning of the invasion. Reuental's objection is very truthful though, Phezzan is not to be trusted. I am fully anticipating many backstabbing during Operation Ragnarok, especially because the Commissioner looks like a weak and incapable man.
And I don't think Oberstein's idea to create a special police division will prove very popular. Then again, every Empire needs its KGB.
I wonder what Julian will be up to on Phezzan. He's rather young, so whatever political clout he has must be limited. Then again, being Yang Wenli's student might prove to be a great entrance card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom