• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Screenshot thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ffrw10.jpg

That one in particular is so amazing it's hard to believe it's on the DS.

womp

Theme Park looks just awesome. My wife is especially excited about it. I really hope they pull the control scheme off.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
PantherLotus said:
Anno 1771

Now THIS is my kinda game. A little trading, Uncharted Waters style, a little exploration and some combat, and some city-building, all set in the magical time of the Enlightenment.

Wow great! I have Anno 1503 for the PC. I didn't even know 1701 was out. Considering my PC probably can't handle the PC version of 1701, I can try this when it comes out!

Chris Michael said:
also:

I agree with everyone that the gameplay looks sluggish in this video, but I can't help but get excited watching the end of that video. It just screams a new big 2D adventure which I wouldn't mind. :)
If they moved about 1.5-2x as fast it would be fine.

ethelred

AndoCalrissian said:

I still fail to see how that would be good for the gameplay, for the three reasons I mentioned earlier.

Speeds increased that much would:
1. make it too chaotic to control upwards of 10-15 characters on a battlefield, while still monitoring all the enemies
2. really screw with the fact that you've got large battlefields and a really small screen -- they'd shoot right off it
3. kill the effectiveness of ranged weapon attackers and magic-users, who'd find themselves surrounded by melee attackers immediately, and wouldn't be useful for the player because melee attackers could reach the enemies too quickly.

For anyone accustomed to playing turn-based SRPGs, I think they'd recognize that the real time movement speed here seems comparable to the movement "speed" in those turn-based SRPGs -- about four to five squares on the grid per turn.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
AndoCalrissian said:
you gotta take into account that with the stuff that WOULD be going on in the screen at once the slow paced battles are probably a conscious design choice.

edit: beaten :(

Mr Toast

How does Revenant Wings look so damn good? It's not the graphics, the sprites - it's the colour. Ive never seen a game so vibrant as this. Incredible. :)

My god. DS graphics are getting to be damn amazing. I mean, some of this stuff I wouldn't have imagined being done on DS at all. The diversity of the games is pretty outstanding also.

Deku

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:
Treasure Quest

2_1.jpg
2_4.jpg
I'm reminded of DQM except this game isn't DQ and has a high probability of sucking. It's nice to see western devs try to push the DS graphically though and in motion I might have a different opinion.

Anyways, is Anno 1701 dated for a NA release or is it Europe/PAL only?

PantherLotus said:
FFXIIRW

Utter Brilliance.

Square is not allowed to do this on the DS if it fails to deliver graphics on the Wii next year

that looks shit hot

PantherLotus said:
Anno 1771

Now THIS is my kinda game. A little trading, Uncharted Waters style, a little exploration and some combat, and some city-building, all set in the magical time of the Enlightenment.
I would like to play this game, then I see 1771 and I look at it and think where are the black people? then I :( I just can't relate :(

what are they trading in those ships?

So pogo island is just EAs free web site games on the DS? Actually would be neat if it has online... with chat... and its free... the game that is... oh, who am I kidding.

Muppet345

Was the first Layton even released in Japan yet? They must be banking on its success.

Good job being so dedicated to this thread.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wario: Master of Disguise

Wario gets to use several different outfits, each having a different special power attached:

Thief Wario: Faster jumping and running. Attacks directly. (To use, draw a tick)
Cosmic Wario: Jumps with longer hang time, as if in low-gravity. Attacks with lasers. (To use, draw a circle, starting from the bottom and going in clockwise direction)
Arty Wario: Can draw doors and crates, but cannot move. (To use, draw a square, starting from the bottom-left corner and going in clockwise direction. Once it's a square, continue drawing from the bottom-left to the top-right corner.)
Dragon Wario: Breathes fire. (To use, draw a line diagonally down and left, then go right.)
Genius Wario: Can use certain mechanical objects (Including an extending boxing glove he carries with him), and is able to see objects invisible to the naked eye. (To use, draw a line up, then right and curve down and left to form a "P". Continue the curving until it gets to the top of the P again.)
Sparky Wario: Can generate electricity, to light up dark places. (To use, draw a reversed thunderbolt.)
Captain Wario: Allows Wario to travel through water and lava with no hindrance, and shoot torpedoes. (To use, draw half a circle, starting at the top and going clockwise.)
Wicked Wario: Allows Wario to fly by blowing into the DS mic. (To use, draw a triangle.)

scr_011.jpg
scr_012.jpg
scr_013.jpg
scr_014.jpg
scr_015.jpg
scr_016.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
PantherLotus said:
Wario: Master of Disguise

Wario gets to use several different outfits, each having a different special power attached:

Thief Wario: Faster jumping and running. Attacks directly. (To use, draw a tick)
Cosmic Wario: Jumps with longer hang time, as if in low-gravity. Attacks with lasers. (To use, draw a circle, starting from the bottom and going in clockwise direction)
Arty Wario: Can draw doors and crates, but cannot move. (To use, draw a square, starting from the bottom-left corner and going in clockwise direction. Once it's a square, continue drawing from the bottom-left to the top-right corner.)
Dragon Wario: Breathes fire. (To use, draw a line diagonally down and left, then go right.)
Genius Wario: Can use certain mechanical objects (Including an extending boxing glove he carries with him), and is able to see objects invisible to the naked eye. (To use, draw a line up, then right and curve down and left to form a "P". Continue the curving until it gets to the top of the P again.)
Sparky Wario: Can generate electricity, to light up dark places. (To use, draw a reversed thunderbolt.)
Captain Wario: Allows Wario to travel through water and lava with no hindrance, and shoot torpedoes. (To use, draw half a circle, starting at the top and going clockwise.)
Wicked Wario: Allows Wario to fly by blowing into the DS mic. (To use, draw a triangle.)

Is this game 100% a platformer then? I thought it ws some kind of mini-game compilation as usual.

All those suits remind me of SMB3 which is a nice thing.

sound like the material they should've used on New SMB2, if I get the right idea of Wario: MoD.

definitely looking forward to it.

Top Bottom