• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 6-12 | Banished from Olympus

My guess is that the thread war is the only time Enzo will beat Panda in a match.
tumblr_many2uOzZx1rc5hfyo1_500_zpse2f75a22.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My guess is that the thread war is the only time Enzo will beat Panda in a match.

Enzo you fraud, you said you'd go to Toryuken!
I WENT TO TORYUKEN

...I just didn't enter.

Also I'm picking up Hawkguy. Now with Panda gone, it's time the people got a good Hawkeye they've been missing and wanting for far too long
Excluding 645

Frantic

Dahbomb is giving Aris advise on Resonance of Fate. Do you have a database for that too, DB?
Dahbomb knows everything about every video game because he is the Sage of NeoGAF. The database for each of them resides in his mind.

I love all the stream chat Dahbomb trolls.

I WENT TO TORYUKEN

...I just didn't enter.

Also I'm picking up Hawkguy. Now with Panda gone, it's time the people got a good Hawkeye they've been missing and wanting for far too long
Excluding 645
That's like saying you went to a concert or the movies when you stayed in the lobby the whole time!

FYI, I'm going to my locals tomorrow. I remember someone in this thread lives in Chicago as well and wanted to meet up. So, if that person reads this message: see you there. If anyone else happens to be in the area and wants to meet up, just PM me and I'll send you the info. It's $10 for like 7 hours of play on Evo monitors. $5 if you bring a system. Good stuff.

This is so stupid, I don't even know anything about that game. Real Dahbomb doesn't play new gen RPGs.... unless they have a Souls at the end.
The Souls games aren't RPGs! I get so tired of hearing that.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb is giving Aris advise on Resonance of Fate. Do you have a database for that too, DB?
This is so stupid, I don't even know anything about that game. Real Dahbomb doesn't play new gen RPGs.... unless they have a Souls at the end.

Cj signed up for Mars? RIP in peace.

Busaiku

I was giving him advice, but Aris just doesn't wanna learn.
It's not that hard a game to understand, I dunno why people have so much trouble with it.

Enemies are still tough for sure, but the system is pretty simple.

Enzo has a good thread here, but Panda's thread had a funnier ChrisG picture. And then I saw that dead Cap/Panda pic in the OP, and I knew Enzo's was the best.

Iron Man is still ass though.

Edgeward

I didn't even notice, and then I looked back. I probably shouldn't have since I just started reading Civil War. =(

I fell asleep yesterday morning while watching Topanga. Sleeping only 8 hours the past 3 days because I stayed up all night and morning watching Topanga Asia while still having to wake up in the after noon for work. But it's been worth it, some of these matches have been the hypest stuff I've seen in SF4 in a while. So many close finishes, amazing reads, and comebacks have been made.

I caught up watching most of what I missed and man I am loving Sako's Evil Ryu. It's so great to finally see him played at such a high level. Seeing his match against Xiaohai's Cammy really makes me hope more that Capcom gives him a 6f sweep. He blew up Xiaohai really badly with ambiguous cross ups and fake cross ups in the corner. I want to do that against more than just 5 characters in this game. Really hope Capcom gives him that buff.

When he faces Daigo, I really hope he uses Evil Ryu instead of Ibuki. I would love to see that character match up between those two.

Dares

I fell asleep yesterday morning while watching Topanga. Sleeping only 8 hours the past 3 days because I stayed up all night and morning watching Topanga Asia while still having to wake up in the after noon for work. But it's been worth it, some of these matches have been the hypest stuff I've seen in SF4 in a while. So many close finishes, amazing reads, and comebacks have been made.

I caught up watching most of what I missed and man I am loving Sako's Evil Ryu. It's so great to finally see him played at such a high level. Seeing his match against Xiaohai's Cammy really makes me hope more that Capcom gives him a 6f sweep. He blew up Xiaohai really badly with ambiguous cross ups and fake cross ups in the corner. I want to do that against more than just 5 characters in this game. Really hope Capcom gives him that buff.

Daigo vs. Fuudo was ah-mazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't even notice, and then I looked back. I probably shouldn't have since I just started reading Civil War. =(
Civil War is horrible, I've saved you the pain of having to read about a wildly out of character Iron Man that was retconned anyways later because even Marvel realized how fucking stupid it was.

Sorry dude :(

Daigo vs. Fuudo was ah-mazing.

I agree, but my favorite match of the whole thing so far is Daigo vs Gamerbee. That one had a lot of crazy moments. And more importantly, I saw it live with Zhi, Cameraman, and their chat's reaction. So it made that set even more hype and memorable.

Dahbomb

Iron Man's character (along with the workings of his suit) has been changed and retconned to whatever is cool at the time. Marvel didn't even have the balls to show "Demon in a bottle" Tony Stark... IM2 doesn't count because it was shit anyway.

The bad thing about Civil War is that the whole "war" isn't even what caused Cap to die, it wasn't even his fault... yet he moped over it anyway. So IM didn't even beat Cap like the pic in the OP suggests.

Also I am team Cyclops on the whole mutant registration act. The drafting of the act was piss poor but the reasoning provided by the anti-registration side was not that great either. It was really more about superhero identity than security vs freedom.

gutabo

LMAO

Dahb0mb at FGTV chat said:
Vegeta isn't any good in this game. Whilst it appears he has solid tools, he is weak in the meta game. I can email you about it if you want some stats to back this up

EDIT: Civil war could've been pretty good plus plenty of food for thought... instead we got what we got.

How does that match up even go? I would imagine it is in Ryu's favour, but I don't think I've really seen it.

I'd say it's slightly in Ryu's favor because of his superior footsies. Mainly being that his cr. MK and HK are much faster than Evil Ryu's. It's just that when Evil Ryu hit confirms a cr. MK he can convert it into a lot more damage via FADC. That's his gameplay so Sako always saves meter for that instead of blowing it on stuff like EX fireball which Daigo will do a lot more often with Ryu as his FADC combos from fireball doesn't tack on that much damage and isn't guaranteed at every range like it is for Evil Ryu.

Basically I just want to see that footsie battle take place. Daigo's Ryu will probably land more sweeps and cr. MK's, but Sako's Evil Ryu can even things up quickly with his superior FADC combos whenever he hit confirms a cr. MK.

Naar

To Middle East FGC GAF Kuwait Battle Royale Spring Edition open for registration and is a Road to EVO tournament.

Also Enzo can you please put KBRSE in the event listings for next week? Thanks :D

Day 2 Sako (Evil Ryu) vs. Xian (Gen):

http://youtu.be/kYwVdqTuhqc

Really good set.

Note: There is about a 10 sec pause early in the vid, but the rest is fine. Enjoy.

Also it is pretty long.

This one was really back and forth, probably my 2nd favorite match of them all. If Sako's match against Poongko didn't make believers out of his Evil Ryu then this match should considering Xian has beaten Daigo's Ryu twice in two long sets.

I'd say it's slightly in Ryu's favor because of his superior footsies. Mainly being that his cr. MK and HK are much faster than Evil Ryu's. It's just that when Evil Ryu hit confirms a cr. MK he can convert it into a lot more damage via FADC. That's his gameplay so Sako always saves meter for that instead of blowing it on stuff like EX fireball which Daigo will do a lot more often with Ryu as his FADC combos from fireball doesn't tack on that much damage and isn't guaranteed at every range like it is for Evil Ryu.

Basically I just want to see that footsie battle take place. Daigo's Ryu will probably land more sweeps and cr. MK's, but Sako's Evil Ryu can even things up quickly with his superior FADC combos whenever he hit confirms a cr. MK.

Thanks, all makes sense. Sounds like it would make for a great match. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom