• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 6-12 | Banished from Olympus

sephi22

You're gonna meet lots and lots of ladies, so take that as you will.
Let's just say I've got better chance of getting first in Marvel than meeting any ladies.

- Money, and lots of it
- Your own controller/stick
- Money
- Your room key
- Some snacks so you don't have to pay for multiple meals throughout the day
- Money
-Carrying my Eightarc
-Money obviously
-Room key too
-Didn't think about snacks. I think I'm going to party at Vegas (couldn't do this as the last time I was there my parents were with me)

Going there with a friend, so we're just going to split costs for everything. He's a Muslim though, so I don't think he's going to party as hard as I want to.

FlyFaster

Do you guys think we're going to see another Marvel game in the next 10 years?
MvC3 was like a dream come true when it was announced.

But I feel like it didn't do as good as the suits at Capcom wanted.

Last thing I heard from Sven via Capcom Unity was that while the game didn't "meet initial sales expectations" the games has however "continue to perform strongly". The last bit was copy/pasted on eventhubs via the Unity forums a few months back.

I think it's possible that the game was a slow and steady seller. The initial anger at a new copy being released 7 months after the first version died down and all the hype in generates at tournament after tournament could continue to push sales, even if not a ton. In the end they seemed somewhat pleased with it. At least that's what I got out of Svens commments.

edit: Also, awhile back there was a really big push when some people (me) started copy/pasting Marvels contact info (twitter, emails, ect) and who exactly to contact all over the place. ;)

Infinite

Probably no ladies then, too!

bunk-the-wire.gif

Anyone interested in doing an EVO meetup?
Also what are the best things to carry to Evo? Besides deodorant?

Being in a group is the most important thing at EVO sunday. You all grab a front row as soon as the doors open then you can alternate getting up for food and stuff. As far as items, food and a PS3 stick.

I can organize the meetup again if I go which I'll know pretty soon since I already have a ton of people's phone numbers and stuff.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Lots of stuff in the FGC is done for free/pro bono, the scene just isnt developed enough yet. Theres a lot of goodwill in the community from people that do it for the love of the scene/games/community etc. Now imagine having to do all that without getting paid/no twitch subs/no blown up yt channel, you get bodied. its also one of the reasons i picked up streaming/yt myself so i can continue doing what im doing, and going to events. everything that i do is to enable myself to keep playing, without really asking for handouts or trying to do raffles. tourney winnings are notoriously unreliable of course

this is why i have respect for the people that do what they can to make it bigger, you know who you are.

But yeah, just know theres a lot of goodwill going around.

Do you guys think we're going to see another Marvel game in the next 10 years?
MvC3 was like a dream come true when it was announced.

But I feel like it didn't do as good as the suits at Capcom wanted.

If DMC can be considered as having "solid" sales I find it extremely hard to believe that Capcom would be disappointed with the sales of MvC3 as a whole. Don't forget vanilla did sell 2 million. But yeah the vibe I get is that Capcom hates working with Marvel and won't be eager to do business with them anytime soon.

I made it a priority above all else to shower before leaving the hotel room if I knew I was gonna be gone longer than 30 minutes. Reading about the EVOla Virus after EVO was over was mind-boggling and hilarious, because I naturally assumed that people were gonna shower.

I guess me and my roommates were the only ones who thought like I did. *shrug*

Toski

If DMC can be considered as having "solid" sales I find it extremely hard to believe that Capcom would be disappointed with the sales of MvC3 as a whole. Don't forget vanilla did sell 2 million. But yeah the vibe I get is that Capcom hates working with Marvel and won't be eager to do business with them anytime soon.

If a Marvel vs Capcom 4 does happen in 5 years, it will probably be released when Avengers 2 hits theaters. MvC Origins dropped on the same day the Avengers home release hit.

Ghazi

I only shower in the salt of enemies.

So basically I take no showers, because I don't have any enemies, because I always lose.

Edit: And I killed the thread :(

I dunno. Two of my friends are coming from India, so I might just leave the Pakistani friend in the hotel to hang with the other two.
I've booked the hotel from Thursday night and I'm checking out on Monday. I'm set for a long EVO weekend.
Why bother going with the Muslim friend? It sounds like you two won't even be hanging out.

sephi22

Why bother going with the Muslim friend? It sounds like you two won't even be hanging out.
I've known him for a while. We've never met, but spoken and played AE with him loads of times. Also, I had already booked a room for EVO, but was looking for someone to room and split costs with me. He was the first one to confirm, and I don't go back on a promise.

He's fine with just crashing in the room when we're not in the ballroom.

I've known him for a while. We've never met, but spoken and played AE with him loads of times. Also, I had already booked a room for EVO, but was looking for someone to room and split costs with me. He was the first one to confirm, and I don't go back on a promise.

He's fine with just crashing in the room when we're not in the ballroom.
Ah, cool. I thought this was some IRL friend you were bringing along.

Top Bottom