• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 6-12 | Banished from Olympus

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
There's a big thread on my Facebook today of people moping about how my local scene is dead. :( It's way too hard to find good venues for fighting game weekly events in the UK. :|

If there's a big thread moping about how your local scene is dead, then why is the local scene dead if there's a big thread about it?

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member
d5eba5de2f50570d23d5024.gif

El Sloth

Banned
If there's a big thread moping about how your local scene is dead, then why is the local scene dead if there's a big thread about it?
It might be venue costs that are too expensive to throw something that may not even break even. Or maybe no wants to be the one in charge of wrangling people together.

i'm debating how to feel with the whole Marn situation. i cared enough to post the announcement, but overall indifferent.

i am a pigeon to the whole situation! Marn is a divisive figure in the FGC!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, it means ClakeyD is free to join whomever!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marn is so frustrated with Chris G he's about to take back his crown as the king of anime Capcom games.

Also thread titles for next week, go. Probably should be something related to Injustice moneyhats.

Marn has had the craziest competitive gaming career of probably anyone in the scene.

moves all over the country
top player in texas for MVC2
major part of the end of the guilty gear scene
wins occasional SSF4/AE tournaments
Is the reigning world champion of TVC
becomes the most popular american SF4 player in japan
bunch of weird drama shit happens constantly
banned from commentary
makes a shit ton of money in sports betting
enters esports with alternating major successes and failures

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57513650]Marn has had the craziest competitive gaming career of probably anyone in the scene.

banned from commentary
enters esports with alternating major successes and failures[/QUOTE]
I really hope Marn learns Chris/Dante.

Oh shit

Enzo rocking that PGR avatar. I though it was someone else at first.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57513650]Marn has had the craziest competitive gaming career of probably anyone in the scene.

banned from commentary
enters esports with alternating major successes and failures[/QUOTE]
What

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Jaxel has done a lot. It's a shame and a shock that he actually has to pay to stream events.

He'll probably stick with Zero/Vergil/Strider.

Breaking even on costs streaming a event is actually incredibly difficult. Unless youre a spooky or Levelup it's very hard. Dat grind man

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does this include The Break? If so, I think he may take a hit from Twitch subs (which probably makes him jack shit compared to actually getting paid to stream at events though).

Jaxel definitely deserves better. Top FGC broadcaster alongside Sp00ky, and he's done a lot for other streamers too. I really hope that if Jaxel takes things further and just starts developing his YT channel and drops the FGC entirely, Sp00ky doesn't follow suit.

Fighting Games Weekly | Kickstarters for your mama!

Fighting Games Weekly | Not even charity will save you at EVO!

Fighting Games Weekly | your donation drives can't beat my zero frame PAYPUH setups!

GAF really knows how to make noise. The whole Skullgirls thing was a blip everywhere else, but here lol.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57514136]They really, really love his Dudley.[/QUOTE]
Well, he is Street Fighter's gentleman. Gotta respect that.

Damn. That's all bad. For Marn and Jaxel. But Jaxel, there has to be more than this. I usually thought poverty streamers had to pay for their own rooms for most venues etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fighting Games Weekly | Warner Bribers Entertainment presents..

Fighting Games Weekly | Our Wizard is accepting all Gil now!

(I'm sure someone more familiar with FF could think of something better)

Top Bottom