• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest! Prizes included! Deadline: June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

did a quick mockup of how Neiteio's roster would look in-game:
n2OdGkl.png

looks pretty conservative if you ask me
Erm, I didn't list half of those characters. Where did Knuckles, Lip, etc, come from??

For reference, my lineup is listed here. I'd love it if you could turn it into a select screen. :)

EDIT: That Dixie/Kiddy idea is neat, though. The way they could team up in DKC3 was awesome.

Erm, I didn't list half of those characters. Where did Knuckles, Lip, etc, come from??

For reference, my lineup is listed here. I'd love it if you could turn it into a select screen. :)

EDIT: That Dixie/Kiddy idea is neat, though. The way they could team up in DKC3 was awesome.
I was poking fun at how huge your speculation list was; there's roughly 200 icons in that picture :U

McNum

Hm, sure, I'll play.

Total Characters: 45

Returning:
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Diddy Kong
  8. Link
  9. Zelda/Shiek
  10. Ganondorf
  11. Toon Link
  12. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
  13. Fox
  14. Wolf
  15. Pikachu
  16. Jigglypuff
  17. Pokémon Trainer with Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard
  18. Kirby
  19. Meta-Knight
  20. King Dedede
  21. Ness
  22. Lucas
  23. Marth
  24. Ike
  25. Ice Climbers
  26. Mr. Game and Watch
  27. ROB
  28. Captain Falcon
  29. Pit
  30. Wario
  31. Captain Olimar
  32. Sonic the Hedgehog
Newcomers:
  1. Palutena
  2. Robin (Fire Emblem Awakening)
  3. Shulk
  4. Mewtwo/Newtwo (Transformation character)
  5. Takamaru
  6. Ridley
  7. Little Mac
  8. Pac-Man
Assist Trophies:
  1. Groose
  2. Sumia
  3. Ghirahim
  4. Reyn
  5. Midna
  6. Balloon Fighter
  7. Hades
  8. Inky, Binky, Pinky, and Clyde (The Pac-Man Ghosts)
  9. Jin Kazama
  10. Lloyd Irving
Pokéballs:
  1. Snivy
  2. Pignite
  3. Samurott
  4. Victini
  5. Audino
  6. Zoroark
  7. Lucario
  8. Reshiram
  9. Zekrom
  10. Genesect
So, fairly standard, except for a couple, I'd imagine. Falco and Lucario are out. Well, Lucario gets to do his Final Smash as a Pokéball, because that's pretty much the cool thing about him. Falco, well, it's him or Wolf, and Wolf has the awesome Star Wolf theme, so... boot! Also missing: Solid Snake. Pac-Man gets his spot, he's closer to Nintendo anyway, what with being in the arcade Mario Karts.

Now for the outside bets:

Robin (aka The Avatar aka My Unit) from Fire Emblem Awakening. Could have gone with Chrom, even Lucina, but... Robin would be an interesting character since he/she can also do magic as well as use swords. And we need to get some Elthunder into Smash, don't we? I'd imagine half the colors being the male Robin and half of them the female Robin, like how you can swap Popo and Nana with the Ice Climbers.

Newtwo is going to take Lucario's spot. Lucario was just holding it warm for a game. I imagine the new form being a speedier version of Mewtwo, and for Mewtwo to transform between the two. A sort of risky two-point bet, but I'm game.

As for my assist trophy guesses, I imagine two sticks out here... Sumia and the ghosts. Sumia is a Pegasus Knight, I imagine you summon her and she'll fly offscreen yelling "I'll protect you!" or something. Then when you get knocked offscreen, she'll catch you and put you back on the stage. That should show off the Pair Up function of Awakening in a way everyone can use. The Pac-Man Ghosts? Just seems like a fun thing to do. And yes, I'm saying all four of them in one Assist Trophy. If you're making a tiebreaker guess, guess crazy.

And the Pokéballs? Well, apart from being snarky enough to put Lucario there, I don't see anything out of the ordinary there. Audino's purpose would be to look cute and heal you when you hit it. Because that's sad and funny.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You know, the more I think about it, the more I think there are going to be a lot of cuts from Brawl.

Sakurai's comments don't give the indication that the roster is going to substantially increase in size. And it seems pretty unlikely that there will only be a handful of newcomers/adjusted characters (i.e., Pokemon Trainer but with new Pokemon). Melee and Brawl added 14 and 18 respectively, counting transformations.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the number of returning characters, from all three games, to be in the mid or upper 20s. Given all the people who expect all or nearly all of Brawl's cast to return on top of the new characters, I'm sure people think I'm crazy.

Neiteio

Honestly, there's no reason they should cut any characters when you consider:

1) They intended to bring back virtually every character from Melee in Brawl.

2) They started work on SSB4 by porting over the entirety of Brawl (one of the earliest details Sakurai provided).

So, overhaul the assets of these now-established, much-beloved veterans, and add from there. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Mewtwo and Roy, as well.

On a side note, a "Layton & Luke" character with a Monte d'Or stage would be heavenly. You'd control the professor, and Luke would follow. Imagine the Dojo announcement, written by a drunk Sakurai: "A gentleman prefers an elegant solution... and his solution is kicking ass!"

I also would like to see Plusle & Minun come to fruition. They were originally planned for Brawl, but were cut due to time. They'd be really cool, though -- tiny and cute like Pichu, but times two! Twice the cuteness, twice the power. Like tiny, supercharged Ice Climbers!

PK Gaming

Yeah.

Character cuts seem like a last resort type thing. The ones who were cut (with the exception of Mewtwo) were all clones too, so if any character is getting cut, its probably a clone character (and not a well established character like ganondorf either)

Neiteio

It takes a lot less work to update the assets for existing characters than it took to make them in the first place. They're not just going to throw out all that hard work. Given the roster in Brawl was well-balanced, and each character was unique and had its fans, I'd think Sakurai would want to preserve the entire roster from Brawl, and perhaps bring back Mewtwo and Roy as originally planned, as well.

Oh, ha. :) My list actually only has 80 slots (including Random). There are 48 newcomers in all (BEFORE DLC, lol).

I was bored, here's your actual roster in visual form:

2YNF3it.png

I put no thought into organization and just placed them in the order you listed them. Tharja, the Wonderful 101, and Tempo haven't been added to the program yet so I used Anna, Mr. AR, and a Nintendog as stand-ins, respectively.

It's, uh, quite a thing.

Fandangox

Honestly, there's no reason they should cut any characters when you consider:

1) They intended to bring back virtually every character from Melee in Brawl.

2) They started work on SSB4 by porting over the entirety of Brawl (one of the earliest details Sakurai provided).

Any source on Number 1?

I only axed Snake, Wolf and Lucario from brawl on my prediction cause uncertainty with third parties, wolf getting axed on account of being a third "clone" character and Lucario getting replaced with a more recent pokemon rep.

Sonic is most likely to return due to popularity.

Any source on Number 1?

I only axed Snake, Wolf and Lucario from brawl on my prediction cause uncertainty with third parties, wolf getting axed on account of being a third "clone" character and Lucario getting replaced with a more recent pokemon rep.

Did Luigi and Falco get axed? Wolf is going nowhere.

Neiteio

I was bored, here's your actual roster in visual form:

2YNF3it.png

I put no thought into organization and just placed them in the order you listed them. Tharja, the Wonderful 101, and Tempo haven't been added to the program yet so I used Anna, Mr. AR, and a Nintendog as stand-ins, respectively.

It's, uh, quite a thing.
Green Mamba? I love you. Hopefully we can add in TW101, Tempo and Tharja in place of Anna, Mr. AR and Nintendog.

Actually, hold that thought -- I'm adding free DLC! Imagine them rolling out the below. Bear in mind, I turned some characters on the default roster into DLC instead. See the first "Note."

Alright, here we go:

Free DLC includes:
  • LAYTON & LUKE (from Professor Layton)
  • BOMBERMAN (from Bomberman)
  • PAPER MARIO (from Super Mario)
  • DR. MARIO (from Super Mario)
  • TOON ZELDA | TETRA (from Zelda)
  • TOON GANONDORF (from Zelda)
  • TINGLE (from Tingle sub-series)
  • DEOXYS [D|N|A|S] (from Pokémon)
  • PLUSLE & MINUN (from Pokémon)
  • THARJA (from Fire Emblem)
  • ANNA (from Fire Emblem)
NOTE: Pulling Toon Zelda/Tetra, Tharja, and Deoxys from the default roster means there are now 76 selectable characters from the start (including 44 newcomers). With DLC, the number is 86 selectable (58 newcomers, due to Deoxys forms).

NOTE: RE: Guest characters: Layton & Luke are a new third-party guest character, representing Level-5. Their stage is Monte d'Or from Miracle Mask. Accompanying them is Bomberman, formerly of Hudson, subsequently absorbed by Konami. He can pump up bombs, throws them and drop-kick them, chaining together explosions that spread across the stage in cascading pillars of fire.

NOTE: RE: Mario characters: Paper Mario is flat like Mr. G&W but can fold into a variety of forms in 3D space, including paper airplanes and rolling tubes. His stage is Rogueport from The Thousand-Year Door. Dr. Mario is back with his mega-vitamins, and this time features all-new moves that help distinguish him from Mario. There are three Mario characters to match three Link characters on the Character Select screen.

NOTE: RE: Zelda characters: Toon Zelda turns into Tetra and vice-versa. Toon Zelda fires Light Arrows and has her spirit possession powers from Spirit Tracks. Tetra is a swashbuckling pirate with a cutlass and other tricks. Toon Ganondorf pirouettes across the battlefield with his twin katanas, and summons Puppet Ganon for his Final Smash. Their stage is the Great Sea, retooled from Brawl to feature stops at islands such as Windfall and the Forsaken Fortress.

NOTE: Tingle has his own icon representing his spinoff series, much like how Yoshi and Wario have their own icons.

NOTE: Deoxys is four characters in one, able to switch between his Defense, Neutral, Attack, and Speed forms, retaining the same specials but altering his properties (ground speed, falling speed, etc). Pluse & Minun are Pichu x2, working together like Ice Climbers to jolt enemies with twice the power and twice the charm. Their "World Stage" shuttles them across Hoenn -- a tribute to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald -- and features a cataclysmic confrontation between Groudon and Kyogre, reset by Rayquaza before looping back to the start.

NOTE: Tharja is a witch, like Bayonetta, but focuses on ranged spells. She appeared in Awakening and has her own distinct personality -- a moody soul, with a taste for the macabre. Anna, meanwhile, is a series staple, a merchant trickster who fights like a fencer and whips around sacks of gold, scattering coins everywhere. With her sly smile and trademark pose, Anna is the "sunshine" to Tharja's "darkness."

Fandangox

Did Luigi and Falco get axed? Wolf is going nowhere.

Luigi is way too popular and one of the original Smash characters. He gets slightly different from Mario in each game, akin to Ralf and Clark.

Falco was in Melee, and is the second clone.

Isn't Wolf the only THIRD clone character? So unless there's some new star fox game that would justify more Star Fox rep, or he gets a new moveset, I see him as one of the most likely ones to get cut from Brawl.

SmithnCo

I hope they differentiate the SF characters more at least if they're coming back. I think they learned their lesson from having three lame Landmaster final smashes.

DaBoss

I hope they differentiate the SF characters more at least if they're coming back. I think they learned their lesson from having three lame Landmaster final smashes.

Oh man, that was absolutely terrible. They should have given a Wolfen to Wolf at least

Jawmuncher

Only going to bother with "New" Characters (Not really big into the Nintendoverse)

Characters:
Shulk
Aeron
Pac-man
Bayonetta
Solid Snake
Chrom

I know my list is pretty crazy.
(More of a wishlist than anything)

Fandangox said:
Any source on Number 1?
According to this, everyone except Young Link and Pichu were planned to return.
Fandangox said:

I don't see why Wolf being axed based on being a "clone" would make sense. Wolf is only five moves away from being completely unique and it's not outside of the realm of possibility for him to become completely unique.

As for Lucario, I really don't see him going anywhere. There's not really any potential newcomer that stand on near the same level as Lucario does now and Pokémon was planned to have seven, if not eight characters (transformation included). Sure you could argue Mewtwo as Lucario's replacement, but there's not really any reason to expect less than seven this time around and Brawl + Mewtwo is pretty much what the majority wants.

Fey

Banned
Only going to bother with "New" Characters (Not really big into the Nintendoverse)

Characters:
Shulk
Aeron
Pac-man
Bayonetta
Solid Snake
Chrom

I know my list is pretty crazy.
(More of a wishlist than anything)

Snake's not new. :O

And your list actually is more realistic than some lists on here lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Snake's not new. :O

And your list actually is more realistic than some lists on here lol.

Who is Aeron?

Edited:

Since I gathered the list of posters' predictions. Whoever are on Incomplete or Edit/Save list, please let me know that you updated your post so I can move you to completed list.

Fandangox

I see. I also forgot to mention that I don't think TL would be returning from Brawl, although WW remake might give him a chance.

I don't see why Wolf being axed based on being a "clone" would make sense. Wolf is only five moves away from being completely unique and it's not outside of the realm of possibility for him to become completely unique.

I understand and frankly even if they have the same moves they play very different from each other (i.e TL - Link).

But he is still the third character with a shared moveset (the only one if I recall correctly) so depending on how much its being directly taken from Brawl I can see Falco being favored over Wolf, but that's just me.

As for Lucario, I really don't see him going anywhere. There's not really any potential newcomer that stand on near the same level as Lucario does now and Pokémon was planned to have seven, if not eight characters (transformation included). Sure you could argue Mewtwo as Lucario's replacement, but there's not really any reason to expect less than seven this time around and Brawl + Mewtwo is pretty much what the majority wants.

The thing that Lucario has going for him is his unique moveset. I think Nintendo doesn't want to have that many Pokemon characters (I have no basis for this). So if they are going to include a "Movie Pokemon" I could see Zoroark or whatever Bipedal Gen 6 equivalent there is being put in there, but taking out Lucario to avoid a pokemon "overload".

Who is Aeron?
Pandora's Tower main character I think.

According to this, everyone except Young Link and Pichu were planned to return.I don't see why Wolf being axed based on being a "clone" would make sense. Wolf is only five moves away from being completely unique and it's not outside of the realm of possibility for him to become completely unique.
I always felt Wolf was planned since Melee and was only passed up in the end because when it came down to having to quickly cobble together 6 clones Sakurai felt Falco having Fox's moves made a lot more sense than Wolf. SF having 3 reps is overkill, but at the same time they're likable characters and axing them seems like it would cause more trouble than it's worth.

I have a feeling Dr. Mario was also never planned to return and is only on Brawl's disc as a costume for Mario, like how Wario has his 'classic' look. If they had enough time I could've seen them doing the same thing for Young Link/Toon Link and Pichu/Pikachu.

Only way I'd be fine with anybody from Brawl getting cut is if it meant more newcomers and said axed-veterans were guaranteed to be put back into the game via DLC at a later point.

Neiteio

SUPER SMASH BROS. BLITZ -- CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN (16:9 WIDESCREEN)

PLEASE NOTE: The two question marks are Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening) and The Wonderful 101, who don't currently have icons in the roster generator. Also, note that Link can turn into Wolf Link & Midna; Ganondorf can turn into Ganon; Masks Link changes between his Deku, Goron, and Zora forms; Mewtwo can turn into his Awakened form; Deoxys can turn into his Defense, Neutral, Attack, and Speed forms; and Layton should be Layton & Luke (Ice Climber-style duo).

uN2PbvJ.png

NeonZ

Sakurai's comments don't give the indication that the roster is going to substantially increase in size.

I believe we'll see an increase of at least around 10 characters due to Sakurai making similar comments about Brawl before its release (already had hit a limit with Melee, characters from Melee would be cut, wouldn't focus on a large cast) and we still got 18 newcomers in the end, with only one unique character removed.

Also, we already know that they won't be radically changing the game into something else from some past news (it isn't going to be a 3d movement fighter and they already know the audience of the game), so I don't think we'll see a completely new fighting system or anything that would require building up every character from zero. I can't see how huge cuts of unique movesets and characters would make sense in that case.

We've already seen things like Sheik remaining even after she disappeared from Zelda, and Ganondord continuing with a Falcon-based moveset even after receiving mostly unique animations. Smash Bros looks at its own history too, not only other games. So, I don't see why people think that now things will be different and Smash Bros will completely revamp its characters due to other games doing things differently now.

But he is still the third character with a shared moveset (the only one if I recall correctly) so depending on how much its being directly taken from Brawl I can see Falco being favored over Wolf, but that's just me.

I think Falco would be the one cut if they were to trim Star Fox's representation. His moveset is overall closer to Fox's than Wolf's is.

I have a feeling Dr. Mario was also never planned to return and is only on Brawl's disc as a costume for Mario, like how Wario has his 'classic' look. If they had enough time I could've seen them doing the same thing for Young Link/Toon Link and Pichu/Pikachu.

This is unlikely. Dr. Mario is listed in the character instance files, Overalls Wario is not listed separate from regular Wario. Only distinct characters are listed there.

The listing is as so:

MARIO
DONKEY
LINK
SAMUS
YOSHI
KIRBY
FOX
PIKACHU
LUIGI
CAPTAIN
NESS
KOOPA
PEACH
ZELDA
SHEIK
POPO
NANA
MARTH
GAMEWATCH
FALCO
GANON
WARIO
METAKNIGHT
PIT
SZEROSUIT
PIKMIN
LUCAS
DIDDY
POKETRAINER
POKELIZARDON
POKEZENIGAME
POKEFUSHIGISOU
DEDEDE
LUCARIO
IKE
ROBOT
PRAMAI
PURIN
MEWTWO
ROY
DR_MARIO
TOONLINK
TOONZELDA
TOONSHEIK
WOLF
DIXIE
SNAKE
SONIC
GKOOPA
WARIOMAN
ZAKOBOY
ZAKOGIRL
ZAKOCHILD
ZAKOBALL
MARIOD

"GKOOPA" and "WARIOMAN" are Bowser and Wario's Final Smashes, respectively. The game treats them as separate characters for the most part. The "ZAKO" characters are the Alloys, and "MARIOD" is a special version of Mario used in debugging.

Based on how Dr. Mario is listed in the data, in the character section alongside other known planned characters from Melee Mewtwo and Roy, I think the most likely explanation is that he was simply intended to be a character at one point.

Neiteio

I'm sure they know all too well that the characters are what have the fans most excited. I'd prefer they eschew the Subspace Emissary equivalent this time around and just focus on making a super-robust and balanced roster.

Fandangox

I'm sure they know all too well that the characters are what have the fans most excited. I'd prefer they eschew the Subspace Emissary equivalent this time around and just focus on making a super-robust and balanced roster.

Yeah that'd be good.

I would like to see a return of the Adventure mode from Melee though. It was exciting to have platforming segments visiting the various Nintendo franchises. Subspace Emissary, while it had some nice cutscenes, had a very bland and dull world in my opinion.

Neiteio

Yeah that'd be good.

I would like to see a return of the Adventure mode from Melee though. It was exciting to have platforming segments visiting the various Nintendo franchises. Subspace Emissary, while it had some nice cutscenes, had a very bland and dull world in my opinion.
Agreed. And it was probably more trouble than it was worth trying to come up with a (ultimately dull and soulless) narrative to stitch it all together.

I say, just create a couple nifty sidescrolling levels for each franchise. A romp through Skyworld and then the Underworld from Kid Icarus... A trip across Hyrule and then through a Zelda dungeon... And so on. One level after another, whichever character you choose. No story, although they could have some fun character-specific scenes at the end as a reward for beating Adventure Mode.

Vidiot

Agreed. And it was probably more trouble than it was worth trying to come up with a (ultimately dull and soulless) narrative to stitch it all together.

I say, just create a couple nifty sidescrolling levels for each franchise. A romp through Skyworld and then the Underworld from Kid Icarus... A trip across Hyrule and then through a Zelda dungeon... And so on. One level after another, whichever character you choose. No story, although they could have some fun character-specific scenes at the end as a reward for beating Adventure Mode.

I agree that it would be awesome if they just went all out with characters and stages, but do you honestly think the final roster for the game will be anywhere near as awesome as your personal roster? There is just no way we'll see all those characters. :(

Neiteio

Fey said:
Wow, Neiteio, you really went all out. FIVE newcomers from KI:U? :O
Yep. Six characters from Kid Icarus in all: Three legacy characters (Pit, Palutena and Medusa) and three Uprising characters (Magnus, Hades and Viridi). Magnus would be an all-physical heavy-hitter character with his club, much like Ike; his Final Smash could call in his colleague-turned-dark-lord Gaol to help him clean up shop. It's even easier to picture moves for the other characters. And each is so unique. If they went all-out with the characters and gave the other "adventure" franchises equally robust support (Zelda, Fire Emblem, etc), it'd seem appropriate, I say.

I agree that it would be awesome if they just went all out with characters and stages, but do you honestly think the final roster for the game will be anywhere near as awesome as your personal roster? There is just no way we'll see all those characters. :(
I don't realistically expect the roster to weigh in at nearly 100 characters like my roster. That being said, I see such a massive roster as a fun exercise in imagining the possibilities. I only put a character on the roster if I can picture in my head what he/she would look like and sound like in full motion... What kind of moves they'd have that would make them fun or set them apart from the rest of the roster...

For example, Wolf Link & Midna is a transformation for Link. It's a mounted quadruped, combining tooth and claw with manipulative magic. That's unique. And Ganon would be slow and heavy but sport the ability to throw his whirling trident like a boomerang and teleport around at a moment's notice, giving him surprising range and mobility. And then both Link and Ganondorf having transformations makes them symmetrical with Zelda, who already transforms into Sheik.

Symmetry is nice and something I strived for. For example, on the Character Select screen, there are three Marios and three Links (although some of those Links transform)... Two GBA characters (Isaac and Andy)... Two eShop reps (Tempo and Dillon)... Two "gang" reps (Olimar and TW101)... Two vintage characters (Mr. G&W and Sheriff)... Two Punch-Out characters, so they can box (and King Hippo can have fruit-based attacks, as well). Mike Jones represents an ENG-only character, while Takamaru represents a JPN-only character (although maybe that will change!).

Even something like giving Deoxys four forms is not done carelessly: The way I envision it, the four forms would share the same moves (or at least specials), and only their properties (ground speed, falling speed, etc) will change, minimizing design work while creating a character where you can alter its specs on the fly. Krystal would be a rare non-human female character, one offering a combination of staff combat and psychic powers, to boot (not to mention dino assists).

I even have ideas for Peppy -- he can paint his foes with a laser for an airstrike from the Great Fox, requiring him to charge and keep his target in the crosshairs until the pillar-like blast rains down. Slippy could use a variety of gadgets and fling himself around like a human cannonball, being rather ball-like already.

There are so many scenarios you can create with my roster. Put Pit, Mega Man and S. Belmont together to reunite the crew of Captain N. Or how about a witch battle between Tharja, Medusa and Bayonetta? The list goes on and on. And that's the JOY of a game like this -- seeing so many crossover characters, in so many scenarios. Who wouldn't want to pit Pac-Man against DK and see two arcade legends duke it out? Or Sonic the Blue Blur against Mega Man the Blue Bomber?

SO MUCH FUN.

Meikiyou

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Yoshi and Baby Mario
  6. Yarn Yoshi
  7. Wario
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. Link
  11. Zelda and Sheik
  12. Ganondorf
  13. Link WW
  14. Tetra WW
  15. Pikachu
  16. Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
  17. Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
  18. Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
  19. Mewtwo
  20. Pokémon Trainer XY
  21. Jigglypuff
  22. Samus And Zero Suit Samus
  23. Kirby
  24. Meta Knight
  25. King Dedede
  26. Pit
  27. Veridi
  28. Olimar
  29. The president of hocotate
  30. Masked Marth
  31. Chrom
  32. Fox
  33. Falco
  34. Wolf
  35. Captain Falcon
  36. Samurai Goroh
  37. White fox
  38. Ness
  39. Lucas
  40. Mr. Game & Watch
  41. R.O.B.
  42. Ice Climbers
  43. Takamaru
  44. Dillon
  45. KOS-MOS
  46. Loydd Irving
  47. Haken Browning
  48. XIAOMU
  49. Mathew

Assist Trophies
  • Mallo
  • Fluidity
  • HarmoKnight
  • Leo Art Academy
  • Panne
  • Spirit Camera
  • Beedle
  • Ende and Elena
  • TE-LOS
  • Centurions

Poké Balls
  • Zoroark
  • Victini
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas
  • Zekrom
  • Reshiram
  • New fairy pkmn from XY
  • Shaymin
  • Kyurem
  • Sylveon

Stages
  • Dillon Stage
  • Skyloft
  • Yarn Kirby and Yoshi stage
  • Pokémon X/Y
  • Bionis Head
  • Project X Zone stage
  • Murasamejo
  • New Final Stage

Items

• Monado
  • Triforce
  • Gamepad
  • Pac-Man Power up
  • Soul Edge

Neiteio

Hey Meikiyou, are characters #45 through #49 on your list all Namco-Bandai characters? It does lead me to wonder, what if they were to seize the opportunity presented by this partnership (Namco-Bandai making Smash) and use it almost create a sort of Nintendo vs. Namco-Bandai situation, roster-wise, where the NB guest characters have a greater presence on the roster -- and a far more even split -- than conventional Smash wisdom would suggest. I doubt it'd happen, and I'm not sure I'd welcome it, but it's interesting to think, and certainly possible. After all, who foresaw Snake and Sonic in Smash, prior to Brawl?

On a side note, I'd really want Level-5's Prof. Layton & Layton in Smash on the strength of THAT SOUNDTRACK and a possible Monte d'Or stage alone:

ItahH4Y.jpg

Meikiyou

Hey Meikiyou, are characters #45 through #49 on your list all Namco-Bandai characters? It does lead me to wonder, what if they were to seize the opportunity presented by this partnership (Namco-Bandai making Smash) and use it almost create a sort of Nintendo vs. Namco-Bandai situation, roster-wise, where the NB guest characters have a more greater presence on the roster -- and a far more even split -- than conventional Smash wisdom would suggest. I doubt it'd happen, and I'm not sure I'd welcome it, but it's interesting to think, and certainly possible. After all, who foresaw Snake and Sonic in Smash, prior to Brawl?

On a side note, I'd really want Level-5's Professor Layton in Smash on the strength of a possible Monte d'Or stage alone:

ItahH4Y.jpg

Not to mention THAT SOUNDTRACK.

Mathew is the son of Isaac from golden sun the others are from Namco Bandai, I think they will have a strong influence as they are the game developers.

Layton would fit greatly as assist or stae, but as a character it would be better in a game as capcom vs, with a moveset like the phoenix wrght from MvsC3

Neiteio

Mathew is the son of Isaac from golden sun the others are from Namco Bandai, I think they will have a strong influence as they are the game developers.

Layton would fit greatly as assist or stae, but as a character it would be better in a game as capcom vs, with a moveset like the phoenix wrght from MvsC3
The way I picture the good professor (whose "elegant gentleman's solution" here would be kicking ass, lol) is wielding his magnifying glass, his sabre (Miracle Mask) and other devices in tandem with his assistant Luke, who would scamper after him and always be at his side like Ice Climbers. I think they could have a lot of fun with the character.

Meikiyou

The way I picture the good professor (whose "elegant gentleman's solution" here would be kicking ass, lol) is wielding his magnifying glass, his sabre (Miracle Mask) and other devices in tandem with his assistant Luke, who would scamper after him and always be at his side like Ice Climbers. I think they could have a lot of fun with the character.

Could work but I can't see all the moves, and I think Emmy Altava couldn't be left lol she is the fighter from the trio.

Neiteio

I don't suppose it would be possible for someone to make icons of Tharja and The Wonderful 101 (abbreviate: TW101) for my roster?

Here's some source art:

tumblr_miwqgtE7NB1rty3uzo1_250.jpg

600full-the-wonderful-101-artwork.jpg

And here's the roster format:

uN2PbvJ.png

Neiteio

Oh, and here are the templates, including the font and icon backgrounds:

6aEPVDW.png

eeKVdeW.png

Can someone take the Tharja and TW101 images above and make icons using these templates (complete with their names neatly centered)?

Then my roster will be complete!

SkyOdin

The Originals:
1: Mario
2: Link
3: Samus (no Zero-Suit)
4: Pikachu
5: Fox
6: Kirby
7: Yoshi
8: Donkey Kong
9: Captain Falcon
10: Luigi
11: Ness

The Melee and Brawl Returning Favorites:
12: Zelda (revised with no Sheik)
13: Bowser
14: Peach
15: Marth
16: Pokemon Trainer [Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur]
17: Captain Olimar
18: Pit (revised moveset to account for Uprising)
19: Ice Climbers
20: Mr. Game and Watch
21: Ganondorf (revised to use his trident and magic)
22: Wario
23: ROB
24: Young Link (WW + sequels Toon Link, name doesn't matter)
25: Dedede

The Newcomers:
26: Chrom (inherits some moves from Ike and by extension Roy)
27: Robin (the Strategist from FE: Awakening, I will bet on the female version)
28: Pokemon Rival [Eevee + its evolutions]
29: Female Pokemon Trainer [Jigglypuff + one pokemon from Black/White and one pokemon from X/Y]
30: Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong tag team
31: Impa (inherits Sheik's moveset)
32: Palutena
33: Takamaru
34: Shulk
35: Isaac
36: Ray-01
37: Little Mac

The Third-Party Characters
38: Sonic
39: Solid Snake
40: Megaman
41: Klonoa
42: Dragon Quest IX Hero (the Celestian)

8 Stages:
1: Skyloft (re-imagined version of the Temple Stage from Melee)
2: The Sealed Temple (Skyward Sword, The Imprisoned breaks out intermittently)
3: Medusa's Underworld Castle (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
4: Pokefloats Redux
5: The Arena (Fire Emblem series)
6: Miiverse
7: Starship Mario (Mario Galaxy 2)
8: The Fallen Arm (Xenoblade)

Assist Trophies:
1: Zael (The Last Story)
2: Roll (Megaman)
3: Torneko Taloon (Dragon Quest IV)
4: Balloon Fight Guy
5: Will (Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)
6: Tiki (Fire Emblem series)
7: Midna (Zelda)
8: Magnus (Kid Icarus Uprising)
9: Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
10: Isa and Kachi (Sin and Punishment 2)
11: The Elite Beat Agents

Pokemon:
1: Arceus
2: Luxray
3: Empoleon
4: Blaziken
5: Zoroark
6: Darkrai
7: Shaymin
8: Vanillish
9: Koffing
10: Togepi

Items:
1: Eggplant Bomb (turns the target into an eggplant)
2: Ice Flower (gives you ice powers, freeze opponents with attacks)
3: Cursed Medal (prevents the person who picks it up from using other items)
4: Rocket Slime (like a rocket-propelled Mr. Saturn)
5: Switch-Axe (Monster Hunter weapon)

I am not under the illusion that I will win this, since this is closer in someways to a wishlist tempered by realism than an actual prediction, but why let that stop me? My list is surprisingly reject heavy, but I am not a big fan of clones and certain characters.

Neiteio

OK, so the roster I presented is massive, right? Yeah. Well I went and added two more characters: Lissa, rounding out the Fire Emblem characters at eight (four guys, four girls, and among them Chrom's royal family!), and Ray 01, from Custom Robo (nice bit of symmetry displayed next to the other robot, ROB).

Here's the new roster -- 89 slots, plus Random, spanning 102 characters:

cuvEpps.png

Again, the characters you don't see: Wolf Link & Midna (part of Link); Ganon (part of Ganondorf); Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link, part of Masks Link; Awakened Mewtwo, part of Mewtwo; and Defense, Neutral, Attack, and Speed Deoxys.

And regarding Lissa, you may wonder how a non-fighter like her would work. She'd be a "gimmick" character of sorts, rewarding true mastery of her.

Basically, Chrom's lil' sister is physically weak, dealing minimal damage with her staff. However, as a healer, she has the ability to replenish her health, restoring her damage counter all the way to 0% if nobody stops her. She can also heal teammates in Team Battles. In 1v1, Lissa players may wage a war of attrition, wearing the enemy down with chip damage, and then retreating to a safe distance to heal as needed.

A truly skillful player can shield, dodge and roll past incoming attacks and never get hit in the first place, gradually softening up the enemy for a KO. In addition, Lissa may have access to skills normally reserved for her promoted classes (which CAN fight back).

AND A REQUEST: If anyone can use the template and art in Post #490 and Post #491 to create icons of Tharja and TW101, that'd help me complete the look of my roster!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Assist Trophies
  • Mallo
  • Mini Mario
  • Ghirahim
  • Eggplant Wizard
  • Layton
  • Fluidity
  • Tokyo Crash Mobs
  • HarmoKnight
  • Barbara the bat
  • Pac-Man
  • Advance Wars
  • Waluigi
  • Leo Art Academy
  • Nintendogs and cat
  • K.K.
  • Mr. Ressetti
  • Ballon fight
  • Calciobit
  • Custom Robo
  • Panne
  • Lyn
  • Isaac
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Fossil Fighters
  • Spirit Camera
  • Little Mac
  • Doc Louis
  • Kat and ana
  • Hammer Bross
  • Tingle
  • Beedle
  • Metroid
  • Knucle Joe
  • Andross
  • Jeff
  • Excitebike
  • Ende and Elena
  • TE-LOS
  • Centurions

Poké Balls
  • Zoroark
  • Victini
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas
  • Zekrom
  • Reshiram
  • Arceus
  • Shaymin
  • Kyurem
  • Genesect
  • Sylveon
  • All that appeared before

Stages
  • Every recurring stage
  • Dillon Stage
  • Skyloft
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Yarn Yoshi
  • Pokémon X/Y
  • Bionis Head
  • Project X Zone stage
  • Murasamejo
  • New Final Stage

Items

• all recurring items
  • Monado
  • Triforce

You don't need to included Recurring items, stages, Pokemon and ATs at all because you must list all "NEW" and there are limits for the choices. Look at the quote below.

Requirements in your post will be:
Type character roster IN WORDS, not a image. (this means ALL characters that will be in the game, not just new characters)
10 Assist Trophies
10 Pokeballs
8 Stages
5 Items

Just updated the list, let me know if I missed anyone

Neiteio

I don't suppose it would be possible for someone to make icons of Tharja and The Wonderful 101 (abbreviate: TW101) for my roster?

Here's some source art:

tumblr_miwqgtE7NB1rty3uzo1_250.jpg

600full-the-wonderful-101-artwork.jpg

And here's the roster format:

uN2PbvJ.png

Oh, and here are the templates, including the font and icon backgrounds:

6aEPVDW.png

eeKVdeW.png

Can someone take the Tharja and TW101 images above and make icons using these templates (complete with their names neatly centered)?

Then my roster will be complete!
Any takers? (Will ask periodically until I get my Tharja and TW101 icons!)

On a side note, I'd really want Level-5's Prof. Layton & Layton in Smash on the strength of THAT SOUNDTRACK and a possible Monte d'Or stage alone:

ItahH4Y.jpg

My man, both for the stage selection and appreciation of that music.
Layton is an interesting candidate for the third party slot, while not say a truly desired character (at least from what i've seen) he and Nintendo have gone hand in hand with the games being pretty popular in Europe and one of the more memorable series that started on the DS, of all the possible third party choices he'd feel right at home among the Nintendo characters to me at least.
Though the fact that he isn't strictly a fighter nor his audience being likely to gravitate towards a fighter makes Layton pretty unlikely, that said he sports some nifty fencing skills among other things.

So I should probably make a list at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom