• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Borgias - The Original Crime Family Season 3 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddammit. No recap movie, just two more episodes and that's it for the best show currently airing on television. Link

That sucks. It saddens me it will be ending before it intended to. It also saddens me that this thread is only 3 pages long. Yet something like Weeds that should have died long ago continued for a ridiculous amount of time. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

antonz

Its a shame but they have gone so far off historical course that any wrap up movie etc. would be pure fantasy. Timeline wise the series should already be wrapping up Alexanders Papal reign with Della Rovere getting closer and closer to becoming Pope

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What the fuck, why? I don't understand this at all. Ratings (yeah yeah premium cable, etc.) have been good this season and critical reception has remained the same (i.e. nonexistant), so what changed?

So they didn't have enough material for a fourth season and no one wanted to do it anyway - why scrap the two hour movie? Because it was "too expensive"? What? Were they planning to release it theatrically or something?

“Ultimately the show was designed as a regular series, and I was reluctant to do an extra two-hour disconnected from the whole that could be potentially anti-climactic,” Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins said.

Why would the planned two hour series finale wrap up movie be anti climactic? NEVINSSSSS!!! >:C

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Shit like Dexter gets tons of seasons and garbage like True Blood gets tons of seasons and this shit hardly finishes off 3? FUCK.

Shahadan

Goddammit. No recap movie, just two more episodes and that's it for the best show currently airing on television. Link

8v6Ph9i.jpg

Those Borgias won
:(

What an episode. In a just world those final scenes between Rodrigo and Cesare would assure Irons an Emmy nod. So damn good.

The Micheletto kill and the sulfur burning were awesome. Tears of blood indeed.

antonz

Final Episode aired and leaked online. Series ends so shitty since they automatically assumed they had more to do via movie or another season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What an episode. In a just world those final scenes between Rodrigo and Cesare would assure Irons an Emmy nod. So damn good.

The Micheletto kill and the sulfur burning were awesome. Tears of blood indeed.

Yeah, the end scene with Rodrigo and Cesare was one of the series' best. And Micheletto :(

Final Episode aired and leaked online. Series ends so shitty since they automatically assumed they had more to do via movie or another season.

:/ fuck that's just what I feared. ughhh

It was originally pitched as 4 seasons wasn't it.

They couldn't stretch it to one more season? :(

Yes, it was originally pitched as a four season series.

I guess not. Showtime is apparently too cheap or something.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Anyone interested in trying to get a twitter campaign going? It's BS that they're not going to give this show an actual ending.

They've already made up their minds, so I really doubt a Twitter campaign would do much of anything. Plus, the ratings have been comparatively great this season, and ratings speak louder than any campaign ever could. And yet, they still cancelled it.

xenist

And so goes the most unappreciated, according to its worth, series on TV. Years later, when people are just "discovering" it we'll be there to lord it over them. Parading our superior taste in TV in front of their plebeian, herd following eyes.

Overreactions aside, Cesare is one of most fascinating characters in TV history. I'm gonna miss this show a lot.

Awesome finale. Just totally great from start to finish. I'm so glad we got to see Micheletto one final time.

And so ends the best thing Showtime has ever aired.

Awesome finale. Loved the little Orc marching nod in the soundtrack as the papal armies marched and as the battle of Forli began.

Truly a masterpiece of a series. As much as it would be great to see a S4, gotta admit the three they gave us were fantastic.

Cesare Borgia like a boss.

FStop7

Banned
I liked The Borgias and I'm bummed to hear it's ending. But I dropped my Showtime subscription after season 2 ended and did not pick it up for season 3. It was literally the only thing on Showtime that I would watch and I couldn't justify the expense. If the show were more widely available I would have kept watching.

demolitio

Wow, I didn't check this thread recently and just found out that this episode was the series finale and now I'm pissed. Damn you Showtime...

Clevinger

So...is it worth watching the show since they're not giving it a proper ending?

Yes, it's a very good show. Plus with a historical show you can look up what ends up happening to the characters/people so it's not like you're completely without closure.

xenist

Yes, it's a very good show. Plus with a historical show you can look up what ends up happening to the characters/people so it's not like you're completely without closure.

That what makes this not a big deal for me. I already know how things turn out.

Ugh. I avoided this thread for weeks as I was like 6 episodes behind, and figured I'd marathon it and come back here to read reactions only to find the 2 hour finale won't be happening. What a downer. Season 3 still ended very well though. Top notch performances from pretty much everyone on the show no matter how big or small the role.

RIP In Peace The Borgias from Showtime. You never got the recognition you deserved.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Has anyone read that book yet? How was it?

Also, The Borgias (RIP) just won the Emmy for Outstanding Costumes For A Series. So yay for that.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Just got to season 2.

This show is almost too much! Maybe I'm getting old and lame, but it seems odd having multiple nude scenes in a TV series intro, one of which is straight up fucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom