• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake New Trailer & Screens

SuperGooey

RE soundtracks have been underwhelming for a lot of time now. Veronica was the last one with a good ost and that was twenty fucking years ago.

I think the reason might have been that old bruhaha when the composer of the old games admitted he was deaf and the re ost's were made by an anonymous composer (the deaf composer's actual work is in re1's director's cut edition, which is why it sounds like absolute shit).

Or maybe it's something else. Who knows? It saddens me to see an IP which I have always loved its music ending up with completely forgettable soundtracks.
The frustrating thing is that RE2 actually does have a great soundtrack when it tries, it's just all crammed at the end of the game when you are fighting the final bosses, escaping the lab, listening to the credits, and in the end game unlockable modes like Fourth Survivor and Ghost Survivors.

There was a good rendition of the RPD main hall theme, but it was used so ineffectively that people didn't even know it was in the game! It plays for about a minute the first time you enter the RPD, and it never loops agains. Even worse is that the theme will go away and never return if you examine the laptop, which is the first thing anyone is likely to do the first time they play the game. It's baffling why this decision was made, and they did it with the save music too! Why? I think the team overestimated how much people wanted to hear the awesome sound design over new renditions of one of the greatest video game soundtrack of all time.

I hope Capcom listened to the fan feedback and will fix this with RE3make. At the very least, give us save room music that plays for as long as we are in the room, and every time we enter it.

Belmonte

mg90eg7du8b41.jpg

Kev Kev

Nice scans!!!
This game will be so sick.... I need to replay RE2 remake and RE 1 remake asap to get in the mood.
you should! theyre great. i feel like the zombies are a little OP in the second one, but other than that they did an amazing job recreating everything.

Aggelos

Oh, and in case you're wondering, no; Capcom didn't build a real life Nemesis to then incorporate his design into Resident Evil 3 through photogrammetry. Instead, Peter Fabiano clarifies that the team "went through a number of different concepts before the director settled on the current Nemesis. Then it was up to the Art Director to bring the vision to life in Z Brush and then have it modeled in Maya (both 3D tools)."

Yo yo hol' up, HOL' up...

Did they inadvertently give us the game areas, street routes and story points in the collectors edition image?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yo yo hol' up, HOL' up...

Did they inadvertently give us the game areas, street routes and story points in the collectors edition image?
I don’t know if it’s a huge giveaway. It isn’t like they’re saying here’s the hospital or encounter Nemesis here

Makes me sad Konami never produced a physical map like that for Silent Hill :messenger_pensive:

Oh, and in case you're wondering, no; Capcom didn't build a real life Nemesis to then incorporate his design into Resident Evil 3 through photogrammetry. Instead, Peter Fabiano clarifies that the team "went through a number of different concepts before the director settled on the current Nemesis. Then it was up to the Art Director to bring the vision to life in Z Brush and then have it modeled in Maya (both 3D tools)."
I was wondering about this. Photogrammetry sounded crazy hard to pull off, especially when you could just make whatever you wanted on the computer.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

On the map, where it says "something strange afoot", I think it's referring to drain deimos/brainsuckers at the power plant.

This screenshot at the power plant shows insect nests:

Also, this "Dr. Bard" who is hiding in the RPD is most likely the reason Carlos and Murphy are headed there in the trailer. UBCS must have gotten word that this Dr. Bard has some intel on whats going on, or perhaps he knows about the t-virus cure, which would explain how Carlos knows where to find it when Jill gets infected by Nemesis--a detail that was left out in the original game.

Clock Tower and the Hospital are part of the "this area is not yet explored", but we know that we will be exploring the hospital. There is no reason not to assume that we won't also be exploring the Clock Tower as well.

Last edited:

TheTurboFD

RE3%20Collectors.jpg

Any threads about the collectors edition? It's weird that it doesn't come with the badge and keychain the from the other edition...

So yesterday I actually went to go pre order this at GS and they said they aren't taking pre orders due to going out of business. I sat there like wtf?

Green_Eyes

So yesterday I actually went to go pre order this at GS and they said they aren't taking pre orders due to going out of business. I sat there like wtf?
So, they're not selling it at all? I was lucky enough to pre-order mine, quantities were very limited (10 for PS4 and 10 for XOne for the entire region).

pulga

Banned
as someone who absolutely HATES getting chased in games and could barely handle Mr. X, I'm guessing Nemesis isn't for me right?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
RE3 classic had more puzzles than RE2 classic.
I can't remember, but isn't it more if you include both campaigns? I remember 3-4 major puzzles in RE3. I don't know if you'd count locker codes either or if you would consider that a mandatory puzzle.
as someone who absolutely HATES getting chased in games and could barely handle Mr. X, I'm guessing Nemesis isn't for me right?
Imagine it on a whole other level. Nemesis is much more fierce than Mr X, who is basically a brick wall coming after you.

SuperGooey

I can't remember, but isn't it more if you include both campaigns? I remember 3-4 major puzzles in RE3. I don't know if you'd count locker codes either or if you would consider that a mandatory puzzle.
Hmm... I don't think so. The B scenarios don't really add new puzzles, just new areas, bosses, cutscenes and Mr. X.

In the original trilogy, RE2 is the lightest on puzzles, while RE1 has the most.

You're still playing the game. So what if the camera wants to zoom in on expression for a tiny bit. No cinnematics is the reason games like dark souls bore me.

Aggelos

Hideki Kamiya (original RE2 director) had some free time to kill, so he touched up Nemesis' teeth size just a tad.

Last edited:

dolabla

Don't know where to post this, but it's currently $49.94 at Walmart and Amazon

Best Buy won't price match it because it's a preorder. Such a stupid policy. I want that steelbook (I have the RE2 version), but I'm not willing to pay more.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
His nose bothers me more than it should
He's a freak created by human experiments. I wouldn't expect him to have a proper nose or anything really. Are those teeth natural? He looks like he bleeds through his cheeks. I can't wait to see what the deaths are like. So excited for this. I paid for the digital version already.

lifa-cobex

He's a freak created by human experiments. I wouldn't expect him to have a proper nose or anything really. Are those teeth natural? He looks like he bleeds through his cheeks. I can't wait to see what the deaths are like. So excited for this. I paid for the digital version already.
I would have lopped it off and just had holes.

Neff

It pretty much says that though.

Once you know the map well, it becomes clear that leaving the stairway via the breakable door is only useful once during an efficient route prior to leaving the mansion. And once you return, it gets fixed.

Reactions: RSB

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wrong. That one one-way door whose lock breaks outside of the save room is infuriating. Horrible design.
What!? I personally liked that, it made think about best route to take, I personally love, LOVE the entire Mansion level design. In Chris playthrough Wesker fixes the door, because Chris have less inventory space compare to Jill, you would need those safe rooms.

Top Bottom