• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc Holliday said:
If Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, and Pikachu can fit in Super smash brothers.....so can megaman.
Except Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, and Pikachu are Nintendo properties. It doesn't matter, they fit in based on principle.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
screw megaman, give me
megamanzero002rr9.jpg

Items seems like the most bunk possible update. At least with characters and stages you get cool new screenshots and in the case of stages, details. Game modes, maybe something cool could come of that, but items? :|

And there's like 30 of 'em. :(

Talladega Knight said:
WTF? Because Bubsy sucks my ass. Might as well ask for Gex.

It's all about the Glover!

tetrisgrammaton said:
i'm sure someone's already mentioned it, but sounds like another version of link confirmed. young link, er another?

Obviously Celda, which qualifies as "young" link anyways.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
tetrisgrammaton said:
i'm sure someone's already mentioned it, but sounds like another version of link confirmed. young link, er another?

Not really. He's just saying that the look and moveset they're going for with Link this time is the Link from the most recent Zelda game.

I hope they add WW Link though.

mugwhump

TheGreatDave said:
Megaman has no character. This is my problem with half these third party characters, Nintendo's stuff generally has an understated likeability, even something as ****ing simple as Falco or Kibry is portrayed in such a way that they're welcome additions. Megaman...he's just a robot with a dumb face. Why would I enjoy seeing him? Look at him:

MegamanBig.jpg

He looks retarded.
No, YOU look retarded! It's f***ing Megaman!

Megaman's my most wanted, along with Crono and Miis.

Really, the only character I have any difficulty imagining in Smash Bros is Pacman....cuz all he ever does is run around eating dots.

ant1532 said:
Yep

Also, Kojima supposedly mentioned Smash in the latest Hideochan about the updates by Sakurai and here is supposedly and translation but I hear it's actually from Gamefaqs... "/ (found out about it at Smashboards

Well here it is

And this is Calling to Night

That piece is beautiful but I do wonder how well it will suit the style of Smash Bros. Fountain of Dreams also had a slow tune like this so maybe it will turn out great.

mugwhump said:
Really, the only character I have any difficulty imagining in Smash Bros is Pacman....cuz all he ever does is run around eating dots.

So Pacman = retarded Yoshi?

I just hate how Pacman looks like.
Also, his 3D-model...Pacman never had legs, he was a circle with a moth, over.
He wouldnt fit into a beatemup.

Also, the original Megman sucks...what is the name of that one cool Megman-guy from the anime-series? No, not Protoman (though Protoman > Megaman).

PkunkFury

Branduil said:
People suggesting Bubsy is why Nintendo doesn't listen to its own fans.

his power move could be his Nerf Ballzooka(tm)

once again, "What could possibly go wrong?"

How about James Pond? that guy was awesome

WastingPenguins said:
hay guys they should put in Cool Spot from the 7up games don't you think??

that game kicked ass, unfortunately I was like 10 years too late when I beat it on hard to get the free prize from the mailing address. Anyone know what the prize was? 7up I'm guessing, but WHO KNOWS???

I know this has been stated more times than need be, but I'd love classic 2D renditions of characters as alternate costumes, as well as the paper forms of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Bowser.

for the last time (seriously,) arguing over who would "fit" or not is stupid for one reason:

snake.jpg

since the first third party character revealed is about as far as you can get from what youd expect to be in ssbb, ANYONE can fit. fitting obviously isnt an issue.

if snake can work, anyone can.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
no, but seriously how the **** does MM not belong in a game that puts ICONIC chars fighting each other?

LinkAMN said:
Megaman == Kirby + Samus
Fixed.

Megaman would be awesome. He could absorb one of his opponent's powers when he knocks them off the stage and keep that ability until he runs out of power with it. Beyond that he's still got the mega buster and slide. AND Fliptop Eddie and Rush could be items!

Megaman is at the top of my list along with Simon Belmont, Ryu (Ninja Gaiden), Sonic, and a Squaresoft character (a chocobo would be great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom