• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiktaalik

Gooey bomb??? Sticks to enemies???? Miyamoto wasn't kidding when he said he could make Halo.

:lol

I know Miyamoto has no hand in this game

fresquito

MindCollizion said:
gooey bomb sounds great! but only ONE item update?! that's it for this whole day!? well i guess i shouldn't expect a lot from these updates...
Well, they have to fill space for at least 5 months.

flipping_heck said:
Just woke up so old?

Gooey Bomb:

item01_070524a.jpg

item01_070524b.jpg
item01_070524c.jpg

item01_070524d.jpg
item01_070524e.jpg

The Gooey Bomb is a bomb that adheres to most things. It's an explosive encased in a gummy goo.
It's a little different from a Motion Sensing Bomb in the sense that it can attach itself not only to the terrain, but also to opponents.
When you hit someone with it...It sticks to them! Get...GET IT OFF! Then it explodes! Oh, the horror!
However, it's possible to get a Gooey Bomb that's stuck to you to stick to someone else.
Touching someone as you pass by may very well cause it to migrate when you least expect it!
Pass it on! It may even get returned to sender...

WOW. I'll use this item a lot.

scottnak

C'mon people Forget the hype train. It's not gonna live up to what you guys are makin' out to be. It looks like it might be like someone said earlier in this thread. Each weekday has a different kind of update. But even thennnn shouldn't even hold up to that, cause you guys are gonna go crazy on character-updateton day.

And, the Gooey Bomb sounds awesome!

MindCollizion said:
gooey bomb sounds great! but only ONE item update?! that's it for this whole day!? well i guess i shouldn't expect a lot from these updates...

mind you, people were complaining about lack of new info in the updates, and now we got some new info, people complain that its not good enough.. :lol

Linkup

This is going to be one long journey. Somebody guessed they would show off an item next and somebody was hoping for a new item, perfect jinx.

fresquito

Branduil said:
That's awesome. I hope they have more items like this and less of the horrible boring items they had in Smash.
Wait, what? There're lots of awesome items in Melee. Some were not very usefull or fun, but most of them were.

Oh come on. It's a daily update. Anyone expecting a lot at once is a motard that deserves the Mario's mustache has multiple poses news they'd have to go with in a week if they did it in bulk.

Somnid

Some day people will learn to have reasonable expectations. An update every weekday until November or whenever is already way more than anyone else is giving you.

fresquito

OT: I'm wondering, why don't Nintendo do a similar thing with Metroid? They should begin to hype the thing, because as of today they're sending it to death :-/

Speevy said:
I would have called it the Reggie Fils-Aime "Not My Problem" bomb.
:lol I love you Speevy!

I'll be honest. I was expecting like 2 items but it's still nice. Nintendo is slowly starting to trust us...with information. Hopefully in the future we got more things like this for their games.

Neo Child

Banned
Well every day we pretty much get new screenshots, if it's stages/characters/items or modes.

If it's music then we get a music piece, and probably screenies of a stage that goes with it.

We win all round.

fresquito said:
OT: I'm wondering, why don't Nintendo do a similar thing with Metroid? They should begin to hype the thing, because as of today they're sending it to death :-/
Because Metroid is being developed in America and they don't have a proper concept of Japan Time.

radiuhm

That's a cool little item, think people will play with items on in Brawl; I'm assuming most people like myself played with items off when it was serious.

scottnak

Neo Child said:
Well every day we pretty much get new screenshots, if it's stages/characters/items or modes.

If it's music then we get a music piece, and probably screenies of a stage that goes with it.

We win all round.
QFT! Yes. Hopefully everyone reads this and gets it through their mind.
And hopefully no groveling of chars in the next 24 hours...

(I fear for the weekend...)

fresquito

radiuhm said:
That's a cool little item, think people will play with items on in Brawl; I'm assuming most people like myself played with items off when it was serious.
I always played with items at maximun. It's simply more fun and crazy.

fernoca

jj984jj said:
Expect it's Thursday afternoon in Japan. :p
Well, I was following the "natural order"...forgot about that whole (Japan Time) thing. :lol

So it could be either:
Monday: Music and Stages
Tuesday: Characters
Wednesday:Items
Thursday: Game Modes
Friday: Notices

As I said earlier, or...
Monday: Music
Tuesday:Stages
Wednesday: Characters
Thursday:Items
Friday: Game Modes
Notices at any random day

Becuase thanks to (Japan Time) we got 2 updates the first time, since in 'real time' it was nearly 24 hours later than expected.

Have any of you ever studied military history, watched some war movies or played war video games?

The gooey bomb doesn't "come from" anywhere and it is most certainly not lifted from Halo.

It is just a Nintendo-fied version of the sticky bomb. Check wikipedia for more.

Count Dookkake said:
Have any of you ever studied military history, watched some war movies or played war video games?

The gooey bomb isn't "from anywhere" and it is most certainly not lifted from Halo.

It is just a Nintendo-fied version of the sticky bomb. Check wikipedia for more.

This.

Socks FTW :lol .

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I wonder if 2 people throw items at each other and one is a gooey bomb, will it stick to the other item? That would be cool.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Great thing about updates and Japan o'clock is that I always have something to wake up to.

Proximity mines were my favourite item, so I see myself using the gooey bomb a lot and singing 'return to sender' a lot.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
fernoca said:
Well, I was following the "natural order"...forgot about that whole (Japan Time) thing. :lol

So it could be either:

As I said earlier, or...

Becuase thanks to (Japan Time) we got 2 updates the first time, since in 'real time' it was nearly 24 hours later than expected.
We got 3 updates since it was the reopening (Music/Stage/How to), we'll only get one more update tomorrow again until Sunday/Monday depending on where you live. I doubt they'll start following a formula next week though since there probably aren't a even number of characters/items/stages/songs to do so. It'll likely be random.

I don't think they'll be putting much more music up on the site. :(

Branduil

fresquito said:
Wait, what? There're lots of awesome items in Melee. Some were not very usefull or fun, but most of them were.

There were cool ones but there were also some really lame ones.

Economan

I wouldn't be surprised if the updates follow a weekly routine schedule, as in, Wednesdays are item days, Thursdays are game mode days, and Tuesdays are potential megaton days (characters).

Of course, if Sakurai is planing on re-announcing all the old characters first, we may be some distance away from a megaton Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom