• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperAngelo64 said:
It'd be rich if someone could tag the Smash 64 versions along with that :D

52lbtp1.jpg

526fr7c.jpg

Best Link image I could find..

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
The jump from N64 to GC is hilarious.

Mario looks straight up retarded in the 64 version in comparison...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Eteric Rice said:
Yeah, but don't tell anyone that. :|

We don't want to get a huge debate going or something.
Just further points to next-gen gaming being about interaction with the games versus the graphics themselves.

Once graphics start hitting the wall, it's all about the race to the first Holodeck!

Eteric Rice

RubxQub said:
Just further points to next-gen gaming being about interaction with the games versus the graphics themselves.

Once graphics start hitting the wall, it's all about the race to the first Holodeck!

I suppose so. But we do have those who notice...

- TEH LOW POLY
- TEH JAGGIES
- TEH TEXTURES

Etc. I get the feeling they're going to be in this thread soon.

Feasting off of our souls.

Eatin' our babies. :(

RubxQub said:
Why the hell would Megaman not be a good fit for the game?

The only downside to including Megaman is that he's entirely blaster based, so his melee moves would be open to interpretation.

I'd want him in the game just to have his dash be the Megaman X style.
I'd rather see some Resident Evil characters represent Capcom rather than Megaman. Jill Valentine would be cool! :D

radiuhm

CreatureX3 said:
I'd rather see some Resident Evil characters represent Capcom rather than Megaman. Jill Valentine would be cool! :D

That'd be interesting, but I want to see more non-people esque characters, I.E. sonic etc, so many speculations about who the new characters will be, can't wait to finally find out. It's like every weekday is merely me waiting for the newest update to the Smash Site, sigh
this game has me by the balls

Firestorm

superbank said:
mario_070523b-l.jpg

:( I wish they would put some eye animations in the game. Would it be so hard to make the characters look at the enemy they just hit?

You do not question his holiness:

item01_070524c-l.jpg

Now ask for forgiveness.

gwiz210

Maybe its just me but was Mario's "Mario Tornado"(down+B) toned down a LOT in the jump to Melee? I remember it was one of my favorite moves in the n64 version.

gwiz210 said:
Maybe its just me but was Mario's "Mario Tornado"(down+B) toned down a LOT in the jump to Melee? I remember it was one of my favorite moves in the n64 version.

Every move in SSBM is weaker then its precedessor in SSB64...and i hated it.

MasterMFauli said:
Every move in SSBM is weaker then its precedessor in SSB64...and i hated it.

QUOTED FOR FLIPPING TRUTH

I still play the '64 version religiously over Melee. Pikachu in '64 >>>>>>>> Pukachu in melee.

papercut said:
Wow I didn't think that it was even possible to prefer the original over Melee. That game is unplayable for me now.
Same.

The jump from 64 to Melee was like the jump from Mario 1 and 2 to Mario 3. I mean, I guess you could enjoy playing the original, but over 3?

gwiz210

For its time, I enjoyed the original Smash Bros over Melee. I still remember watching my friend beat master hand in like 20 seconds it was crazy back then :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I like playing both games, but being a Pikachu player, I definitely like 64's over Melee's.

One of my favorite moves in SSB was Pikachu's midair backwards kick. It DESTROYED people. But it got nerfed so hard in SSBM that it does practically nothing to anyone, no matter how high their damage is... I still use the move out of habit, though.

His throw backwards got toned down a lot, too. That was probably my second-favorite move.

I think the only one that got better from SSB to Melee was his over+A, but maybe that's just because I use it so much more in Melee due to it being one of Pika's few good moves left.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
gooey bomb <3

*edit* weren't people bitching about Mario's eyes not facing the character?
item01_070524c-l.jpg

although his head is turned his eyes are clearly not focused dead center of where his head is turned...so that is one less thing to nitpick about.

Firestorm said:
You do not question his holiness:

item01_070524c-l.jpg

Now ask for forgiveness.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6518468&postcount=640

Yeah I got owned. The turnaround speed between my post and Sakurai's response was impressive.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
turkification said:
this game looks so good. Compared to the GC version alot better lightning etc. But imagine if Wii was 5 times powerfull as GC :eek:

well melee was a first gen gc game though, im sure they could do a lot better than melee if they made one on gc now

Threi

notag
Windu said:
well melee was a first gen gc game though, im sure they could do a lot better than melee if they made one on gc now

In retrospect you could call brawl a first gen wii game as well.... :p

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
In retrospect you could call brawl a first gen wii game as well.... :p

yeah i know, but if this was a last gen gc game then there wouldnt be as huge amount of difference as first to gen to first gen.

Firestorm

Branduil said:
They nerfed throws in general in Melee. I wonder if they'll make them useful again in Brawl.

I'd rather keep them the Melee way. In Melee, they were used to combo or start combos. More fun than just to KO with. Although some characters did have KOing throws, like Peach.

Branduil said:
They nerfed throws in general in Melee. I wonder if they'll make them useful again in Brawl.

I don't understand people who think throws are useless just because they're not overpowered anymore. Ever heard of a combo?

Jammy

Banned
Branduil said:

?

Throws were way too overpowering in the first Super Smash Bros. game now that I think about it. There ARE a couple characters with pretty good throws (Mario, Ness, etc.), but like it's been said before, throws and grabs in Melee were great for defense, quickly getting people off the sides of levels, and especially combos (grab with Fox, hit once, throw down, then do B + down).

And that said, there's still comic relief throws like Kirby's suicide piledriver which can kill the other person too as well as DK's grab so you can run off the edge.

Jammy said:
?

Throws were way too overpowering in the first Super Smash Bros. game now that I think about it. There ARE a couple characters with pretty good throws (Mario, Ness, etc.), but like it's been said before, throws and grabs in Melee were great for defense, quickly getting people off the sides of levels, and especially combos (grab with Fox, hit once, throw down, then do B + down).

And that said, there's still comic relief throws like Kirby's suicide piledriver which can kill the other person too as well as DK's grab so you can run off the edge.

I can win a match in SSB64 with 95% of my moves being throws (Pikachu).

Throws werent overpowered.
Just every attack in SSB64 was more powerful.
And i preferred those heavy attacks, that you could "feel" just by watching them.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Holy Order Sol said:
Wow. Does the guy play Melee too ?
Yeah, he's one of the best Melee players, in addition to being the God of Smash 64.

Ken and Isai, known as "El Chocolate Diablo," are the top-ranked Melee doubles team in the world

Amir0x

Banned
Did they confirm Ness is back along with EB-themed stages? That's why I buy these games! Get on the investigation, people. Send some e-mails or something.

Akai

Amir0x said:
Did they confirm Ness is back along with EB-themed stages? That's why I buy these games! Get on the investigation, people. Send some e-mails or something.
Sakurai said that all the original characters from the first game will be back, so yes... :)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Amir0x said:

Why would they get rid of Ness. In fact, knowing NA they would probably add a Mother 3 stage for the NA version only just to tease us :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom