• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like the day is suddenly over in Japan, people, jeez. We'll get an update sometime this morning. But I don't have the patience for this, and I'm damn tired. See you all on the flippity flop.

Pits Special moves:

<Normal Special Move: Palutena Arrow>
Pit draws his bowstring taut...
...and fires! The trajectory of the arrow can curve...

Steering up and down will bend the trajectory.
His arrows travel as fast as light, though, so be quick. Very quick!
pit_070528a.jpg
pit_070528b.jpg

<Up Special Move: Wings of Icarus>
He's falling! Danger! ...But don't worry.
The "Wings of Icarus" allow Pit to fly freely through the sky!

In actuality, though, Pit is an angel who cannot ordinarily fly.
After a while he will fall, so be careful.
pit_070528c.jpg
pit_070528d.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
MindCollizion said:
I checked the RSS feed, saw that Pit was still on top and was about to saying something uncover like "banned", but lo and behold, you were right.

ShockingAlberto said:
So that's how they're stretching it out.

:lol That's what I was thinking.

First we have to learn the character, then we have to learn half of their special moves, and then a 3rd update reveals the other half of their special moves. :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, if i'm right...

1. Pit has 6 jumps like kirby and jigglypuff. Metaknight also has these (we saw this from the first trailer) At least, he has more than the two normal jumps: at least three.

2. Pit's up-B move wil work like peach's float, allowing him to cover large horizontal distances in the air while staying at the same altitude

Sounds like he's going to be a recovery machine, and that, unless you knock him outside of the death boundaries of the stages, he'll be able to get back to the stage, most likely. I assume he'll be one of the lighter characters in the game, then.

Eteric Rice

Visualante said:
Pit is my new character as long as Luigi hasn't vastly improved.

Actually, I think you're right. It looks like they turned the lighting on or something. He seems to have more light shining down on him.

pit_070528a-l.jpg

Okay, there's the source of said light... But what the hell is it?

pit_070528d-l.jpg

Love the wings in that shot. :)

Nintaiyo

So if there are about 40 characters (x3 for special moves), 40 items, 40 stages, about 5 "How to Play" sections, about 10 music updates, 20-30 game modes, plus any other miscellaneous "Notices".............let's see..at this rate...250/5 = 50 weeks.....Brawl won't come out for another year.
:lol
'08 confirmed.

Smiles and Cries said:
nice update, can't wait for next time :D

Looks like tomorrow will be more Pit.

I just wish we knew the final control scheme(s) by now. It's confusing thinking about these attacks without knowing how we will perform them.

GaimeGuy

Eteric Rice said:
Actually, I think you're right. It looks like they turned the lighting on or something. He seems to have more light shining down on him.

pit_070528a-l.jpg

Okay, there's the source of said light... But what the hell is it?

pit_070528d-l.jpg

Love the wings in that shot. :)
The wings remind me almost of Gina's or Sagi's wings from Baten Kaitos Origins, the way they're modelled and lit up in that second shot

Nintaiyo said:
So if there are about 40 characters (x3 for special moves), 40 items, 40 stages, about 5 "How to Play" sections, about 10 music updates, 20-30 game modes, plus any other miscellaneous "Notices".............let's see..at this rate...250/5 = 50 weeks.....Brawl won't come out for another year.
'08 confirmed.

Though stages should include music updates (like Battlefield), rather than being seperate.

Eteric Rice

Nintaiyo said:
'08 confirmed.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that they'll probably have bigger updates occasionally. :D

Nintaiyo said:
'08 confirmed.
Link and Mario were updated at the same time so....

GaimeGuy

Nintaiyo said:
'08 confirmed.
There's no way they're going to reveal all the characters.

From what I recall, they revealed NONE of the 9 new secret characters in Melee before release, nor did they reveal Zelda. So, counting Sheik and Zelda as two separate characters, out of the 26 characters in Melee, only 16 of them were revealed before the game released.

I could be wrong about the numbers, though.

Either way, they didn't reveal all of the melee characters, and they sure aren't going to reveal all the brawl characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seeing as Mario and Link didn't receive a post on their moves, it looks like no alterations to their move sets has been made.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
So classic controls as main play mode confirmed. Pits arrow is like Ness' PK thunder but faster with less control, as I thought. Sounds good.

His ^B is interesting. Most other ^B attacks in the previous games were like quick bursts of energy but his is paced slower. It sounds like he will flap his wings a couple times and slowly fall.

We got some nice info out of this one.:) They can update a veteran character profile tomorrow and I won't care.

Verve

i think the next character to be covered is fox. he's on many screens that show the characters known now. then wario.

and i agree with gaimeguy, they won't show every fighter before launch. i also wouldn't want so, where would be my in-game-"whoa, HE/SHE is also in it!"?

It would kick so much ass if Pit had a special move where he pulls out a freaky Medusa Head turning everyone into breakable stone statues for about 10 seconds.

Could be annoying as hell, but many weapons in smash has options to turn it off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom