• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkunkFury

It figures they would update with only the two most obvious of Pits moves. He can shoot arrows, and he can fly... great thanks, seen both of those in the trailers. Allthough how his up B translates into flight remains anyone's guess, since it's so vague... I always assumed he would have multiple jumps like Kirby and I pegged this as his up B:

KI.jpg

Some other moves I'd like to see from Pit:

a Mallet smash (forward B?)

fire arrows (charge B?)

those rotating crystals (maybe down B?)

summoning Centurians (super attack)

the ability to continually slide left and right without friction while in a crouched position (this is a must, it could be like his wavedash or something)

if his other specials involve that goofy knife bow instead of moves from his game... that would be bogus

Also, Kid Icarus items -

Angel's feather - if you pick it up, a halo floats over your character's head, next time you fall out of bounds you lose the halo and sprout wings for 5 seconds or whatever and have a chance to fly back onto the platform, but you remain at whatever life percetnage you had. This item would fit perfectly in smash, just as it was in the Kid Icarus game. It wouldn't be too helpful for people who get knocked out after taking a beating, but if you accidentally slip off at 50% it would be a god send.

Eggplant - pick it up, toss it at an opponent, they become an egglplant with feet for 10 seconds. they can't attack or special, they can just run, duck and jump. We need some eggplant wizard representation here

Also looking forward to hearing an official mix of the Kid Icarus theme, after some 15 years or whatnot

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Alkaliine said:
What? Where?

<Normal Special Move: Palutena Arrow>

screenshot

Pit draws his bowstring taut...

Aiming straight...

screenshot

And fires! The trajectory of the arrow can curve...

Arrow trajectory curves. No confirmation but this screen implies no free pointing, lining up the shot with the Wii pointer before releasing the arrow, which would be one of the obvious uses of the Wii remote for this game.

Steering up and down will bend the trajectory.
His arrows travel as fast as light, though, so be quick. Very quick!

"Steering" is not something you do when using the Wii remote for pointing. You "steer" with an analog stick.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
So that's how they're stretching it out.
The sad thing is knowing that, even so, I'll continue staying up late every night for this stuff. >_>
Oh well. At least it's not so bad on the Sunday-Monday transition. It tends to make me delusional, and then when I wake up the next day there's inevitably a voice in my head singing "It's Just Another VC Monday."

superbank said:
"Steering" is not something you do when using the Wii remote for pointing. You "steer" with an analog stick.
Or, in the far more likely situation, you steer with the accelerometers like you do in every single Wii driving game.

Why do people really think they won't just use tilting to simulate everything the analog stick can do?

superbank

ShockingAlberto said:
Or, in the far more likely situation, you steer with the accelerometers like you do in every single Wii driving game.

Why do people really think they won't just use tilting to simulate everything the analog stick can do?

I hope you're not saying we will hold the remote sideways. :x

I fapped and shaved my entire body when I read this update.

I hope every time he introduces a Newcomer, he updates all of his/her moves the following days in a row.

superbank said:
I hope you're not saying we will hold the remote sideways. :x
I'm guessing we will.

Why does it matter? Even if they offer that control scheme, and we know there will be a Wiimote option, they're still going to offer GC or CC controls. Does it particularly matter how the control scheme works?

At its best, it's going to be a motion controlled way to emulate the GC controller. At that point, I might as well just use the GC controller.

superbank

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm guessing we will.

Why does it matter? Even if they offer that control scheme, and we know there will be a Wiimote option, they're still going to offer GC or CC controls. Does it particularly matter how the control scheme works?

At its best, it's going to be a motion controlled way to emulate the GC controller. At that point, I might as well just use the GC controller.

It might be made with remote-turned-sideways in mind. Thats a problem when you try to emulate it with a traditional controller. And smashes are probably more satisfying with an analog stick compared to a d-pad.

superbank said:
It might be made with remote-turned-sideways in mind. Thats a problem when you try to emulate it with a traditional controller. And smashes are probably more satisfying with an analog stick compared to a d-pad.

No.

superbank said:
It might be made with remote-turned-sideways in mind.
You're...what.

I don't even get what you're complaining about here.

You think they're going to make it for the Wiimote and then change the control schemes of the GC controller to better fit the new control scheme of the sideways Wiimote. Do you realize what you're saying here.

Eteric Rice said:
They could just bundle the classic controller with it. It would be a heck of a lot easier

No! Smash Bros is worthless without an appropriate controller. Classic doesn't have near the ergonomics or usability in the sense that Smash requires.

Eteric Rice

Kureishima said:
No! Smash Bros is worthless without an appropriate controller. Classic doesn't have near the ergonomics or usability in the sense that Smash requires.

They could just bundle a Gamecube controller with it. It'd would be a heck of a lot easier.

superbank

All I'm saying is there could potentially be something that works better with the wiimote turned sideways and that would be bad. Thinking further I'm sure everyone will be using GC Pad/CC so it wouldn't matter.

Now I will sleep.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Is it still comfirmed that its using the gc controller? That quote was from awhile ago, i have a feeling they have changed alot since then.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
superbank said:
All I'm saying is there could potentially be something that works better with the wiimote turned sideways and that would be bad. Thinking further I'm sure everyone will be using GC Pad/CC so it wouldn't matter.

Now I will sleep.
You better. :lol

Ravidrath

Man, a week of Japan Time and people are still talking about the ****ing sideways Wiimote?

I knew I was wise to stop checking this thread a while ago.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ravidrath said:
Man, a week of Japan Time and people are still talking about the ****ing sideways Wiimote?

I knew I was wise to stop checking this thread a while ago.
To be frank, the discussion of controls has just re-emerged on this page.

[Nintex]

Nintendo won't release this game with Classic or GameCube controller options only. Especially since its one of their AAA titles. It would hinder sales since most Classic/GCN controllers would be sold out before it hits. I expect a nunchuck/wiimote style control and a GCN/Classic style. Otherwise they should bundle it with a new Smash/Wii themed GameCube controller like the wavebird without the receiver(use the Wii itself).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Guys I wouldn't take that little picture as a hint of how the game actually plays. It probably has nothing to do with it.

sp0rsk said:
Guys I wouldn't take that little picture as a hint of how the game actually plays. It probably has nothing to do with it.
I mean they have to picture a wii-mote somehow. If it was vertically placed then you would be saying the same thing and still complaining. My question is ignoring the fact there is obviously going to be a choice of control method which one do you want?

Threi

notag
Eteric Rice said:
Actually, I think you're right. It looks like they turned the lighting on or something. He seems to have more light shining down on him.

pit_070528a-l.jpg

Okay, there's the source of said light... But what the hell is it?

pit_070528d-l.jpg

Love the wings in that shot. :)

im pretty sure thats just the sun - remember that the stage changes from day to evening to night, and there is always a sun/moon in the background and the lighting seems to change as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom