• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
ant1532 said:
"OMG. OMG! Megaman looks so stupid! He doesn't fit into the hard core bad ass Smash like Snake! Megaman is retarded. he has a gun like Samus if he was in OMG! TEH RUINED!"

Ha, some people just don't like the character, y'know? I mean, I don't want Krystal from Star Fox to be a playable character, as a few people have suggested-- not because she wouldn't fit (she'd fit fine), and not because she'd be too similar to Fox, but because I personally think she's a bland character.

Megaman is aces, though. Get his ass in the game.

NeonZ

So now that we have confirmation that this thing is an item, it kind of throws a monkey wrench into the idea that Samus becomes ZS Samus only after performing her Final Smash. C'mon, that'd suck a LOT if that the only way to play as ZS Samus. I want to play as her whenever I want!

It could be like Sheik/Zelda- you can start the match with Sheik by holding the A button. Samus could turn into ZSamus by using the Final Smash or by holding A before the match.

ant1532

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Ha, some people just don't like the character, y'know?
Anyone who doesn't like Megaman has something ****ed up with them. Talk about scrubs. But as you said, Sakurai if you aren't blind and only able to put 2 other characters, please the masses and put Megaman's and Sonic's asses in. And please Gaf don't give me crap about Goemon or some unknown dude from Earthbound. HELL YEAH they would be awesome but Sonic and Megaman are musts. They are game characters that represent the world of games as much as Mario almost for years and years.

Innotech

Banned
ant1532 said:
Anyone who doesn't like Megaman has something ****ed up with them. Talk about scrubs. But as you said, Sakurai if you aren't blind and only able to put 2 other characters, please the masses and put Megaman's and Sonic's asses in. And please Gaf don't give me crap about Goemon or some unknown dude from Earthbound. HELL YEAH they would be awesome but Sonic and Megaman are musts. They are game characters that represent the world of games as much as Mario almost for years and years.

I STILL play Megaman 3 on NES in the summer. I dont think MM will ever get old.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I dunno guys. It may look like this is new, but aside from the new characters, levels, and attacks, it's the EXACT SAME GAME LIKE MELEE DOWN TO A T.

*cancels pre-order*

[/retardedgaffer]

I'm guessing that ZS samus is in to replace Sheik. They look like they'll play similarly. so maybe if regular samus is gone, then mega mean can replace her. I'd like regular samus in though.

Dude. They aren't going to take out Samus. There's no way in hell that they'd simply replace suited Samus with ZS Samus. Samus is far more popular and... historic (<_> I couldn't think of the right word here) than ZS Samus. Also, lol @ mega mean.

One last Famitsu or some other Jap. magazine had all known characters shown...and they showed Zero Suit Samus completely independent from Samus, so i think, and hope, that she´ll be a different character.

I'd prefer her being a seperate character to her only being usable when Samus takes a certain amount of damage (I think that's actually what Sakurai originally said it would be...).

edit: btw, do you think Ridley should be in? What could his attacks be?

bigmakstudios said:
edit: btw, do you think Ridley should be in? What could his attacks be?

He HAS to be in the game.

B: Plasma Beam (chargable)
B+forward: auto-lock on missiles
B+up: Flying upwards while biting
B+down: Beam/Phazon wave

A: Claw attack
A+forward: Bite attack
A+up: Bite attack upwards
A+down: Tail whirl
A air: Jump attack with mouth, claws and tail together all pointing towards the enemy

DarkKyo

I reeaaaalllly hope they keep Sheik. I ALWAYS played as him. Maybe they should even keep him seperate from Zelda. I wonder how they'd refine his look though-- maybe give him more of a fully textured Twilight Princess look!

ant1532 said:
Not musts at all. As much as I'd like to see them in the game, it's still a game based on Nintendo characters fighting each other. Nintendo characters. Yea it's fun that there are going to be a couple third party characters, but if they are put into the game at the price of losing some characters from other Nintendo franchises (like Little Mac, Toad, etc), then **** 'em, I'd rather it be the true Nintendo themed character battle the way it was meant to be.

MrNibbles

Banned
Final Smash "performed but once" ?

One time every time you get the item?
One time per life?
One time per match?

Is it initiated with a button press or a throw (grab and throw the Final Smash item)?
Or is it uncontrollable, like the hammer?

If it's controlled via a button press, will it lock out your other special moves?
For example, I gran the Final Smash item, and don't want to use my final smash yet.
I do want to throw a fireball. Can I still throw a fireball?

****ing update the how to play section!!!!

Proven

WastingPenguins said:
Eh, what the hell, let's continue.

Wario rides a motorcycle in that trailer, so that means he'll ride it in the game, right? Nope.

See what I'm saying?

I wasn't saying "guys I t think those super-attacks will be taken out" (as I'm strangely being accused of by some people). I was saying, "All we know is that there SEEM to be some super attacks in the game based on that trailer, but we can't really know for sure whether or not they'll be in the game or if they were just whipped up to showcase the characters, as most of that trailer was. Not to mention that the Link and Kirby super-attacks don't resemble gameplay at all, so perhaps they were just cinematics meant to showcase those characters kicking ass. We just can't know for sure yet."

But man, I can't wait to ride the Wario Cycle around! <--Not speculation, this has a "concrete basis in fact" :D

What bothers me about your response is that the trailer wasn't mostly cinematics. It was mostly ran in the game engine. The only cinematic like scenes were of Metaknight seemingly jumping out of the background, Samus firing that giant beam from a perpendicular angle, and Wario coming in with his motorcycle along with his fart at the ending. Other than that, it was game engine. This was why the Final Smashes would more than likely make it in while Wario's Cycle probably won't.

That, and they did what looked like 3 final smashes, not just some one off character flying into the battle. So it isn't just to look cool, it's to ram it into your head that this is a new mechanic!

Also, now that I think about it, it would make sense for Power Suit Samus' Final Smash to be that gigantic Charge Beam blast.

Threi

notag
ShockingAlberto said:
Who the what now

kuja.jpg

DarkKyo

ShockingAlberto said:
Who the what now
:lol I've been in this argument many times, but I stick to my conviction that the character Sheik is indeed a boy... If you need it explained..

Zelda=girl
Zelda disguises herself as a boy, Sheik
the character of Sheik=boy, even though he's only a girl in diguise

Dechaios said:
:lol I've been in this argument many times, but I stick to my conviction that the character Sheik is indeed a boy... If you need it explained..

Zelda=girl
Zelda disguises herself as a boy, Sheik
the character of Sheik=boy, even though he's only a girl in diguise
But if I put on a dress, that does not make me a woman. It makes me a guy in a dress.

DarkKyo

FunkyMunkey said:
Penis = Boy

Vagina = Girl

Zelda + vagina = girl

Shiek + vagina = girl
Well if you look at it from a purely physical viewpoint, Sheik's body is pretty masculine in comparison to Zelda's.

Dechaios said:
Well if you look at it from a purely physical viewpoint, Sheik's body is pretty masculine in comparison to Zelda's.

But it's still the same person...

Are you telling us you honestly decide someone's gender PURELY based on their outside looks? Like if you saw someone that looked like a girl, but they whipped out a huge wang from between their legs, you would still think they were a girl?

WTF?!

DarkKyo

FunkyMunkey said:

Are you telling us you honestly decide someone's gender PURELY based on their outside looks? Like if you saw someone that looked like a girl, but they whipped out a huge wang from between their legs, you would still think they were a girl?

WTF?!
I don't think you understand what I mean.... For instance, in the Pokemon anime and the games, a woman does Pikachu's voice-- but Pikachu is male. Just because a woman is PLAYING him, it does not make him, the character Pikachu, a girl. Get it?

Dechaios said:
I don't think you understand what I mean.... For instance, in the Pokemon anime and the games, a woman does Pikachu's voice-- but Pikachu is male. Just because a woman is PLAYING him, it does not make him, the character Pikachu, a girl. Get it?

You're ruining the point you made a few posts back.

Just because zelda is PLAYING a boy, doesn't make her ACTUALLY a boy. Get it? Jesus.

Threi

notag
FunkyMunkey said:

WTF?!

HE HAS KUJA FOR AN AVATAR.

Xavien

MasterMFauli said:
He HAS to be in the game.

B: Plasma Beam (chargable)
B+forward: auto-lock on missiles
B+up: Flying upwards while biting
B+down: Beam/Phazon wave

A: Claw attack
A+forward: Bite attack
A+up: Bite attack upwards
A+down: Tail whirl
A air: Jump attack with mouth, claws and tail together all pointing towards the enemy

Problem is, Ridley is massive compared to any of the other characters.

ant1532

Banned
Talladega Knight said:
Not musts at all. As much as I'd like to see them in the game, it's still a game based on Nintendo characters fighting each other. Nintendo characters. Yea it's fun that there are going to be a couple third party characters, but if they are put into the game at the price of losing some characters from other Nintendo franchises (like Little Mac, Toad, etc), then **** 'em, I'd rather it be the true Nintendo themed character battle the way it was meant to be.
I was strictly refering to 3rd party choices.

Dechaios said:
Yes but if the woman voice acting for Pikachu went out, dressed up in a Pikachu costume, she'd still be a woman. She'd still use the ladies restroom, she'd still change outfits in the ladies locker room, and she'd still mostly do things that women would do, despite the costume's appearance.

MrNibbles

Banned
Zelda is not PLAYING Sheik.
Zelda is hiding, not performing on a stage.
Zelda IS Sheik.

Also, Sheik is pretty feminine, not masculine.

Skin tight clothes? Check.
Breasts? Flattened a bit due to tight clothes, check.
Feminine hair? Check.
Camel toe? Check.

Sheik is a SHE.
"OMG MUSCLES!"? - Tight clothes tend to do that.

"BUT BUT BUT!"? - Gay for Bridgett much?

Stop looking for Sheik's camel toe on google images

Christopher

Was ANY of Sonic's musical talent listen under the massive musicians scoring this game? I know I didn't see the dude who did the adventure line, but maybe some past Sonic guy is scoring in there? If not I wouldn't hold my breath for Sonic :(

I agree with Dechaios here to an extent.

Although I also use "she" when talking about Shiek, I think it's not that strange or wrong to say "he".

Like Dechaios says, it's not the person you refer to, but the character. When I talk about a tranvestite (i.c. Verduchka from Eurosong :)) I always talk about she instead of he, because when the man is dressed as Verduchka, he takes the role of a woman. I'm pretty sure tranvestites was to be adressed with "she" btw. :p

It's obvious we're starving for new SSB info, when we're arguing about such a thing...

MrNibbles

Banned
Mega Man does not missle shoot.
Mega Man does not screw attack.
Mega Man does not morph ball.
Mega Man does not bomb drop. (Blue Bomber lol amirite)
Mega Man does not grapple beam.

(Powers don't count. If they did, Mega Man could just as easily be a clone for Ryu.)

Mega Man does not belong!!!!!!!!!

DarkKyo

Souldriver said:
I agree with Dechaios here to an extent.

Although I also use "she" when talking about Shiek, I think it's not that strange or wrong to say "he".

Like Dechaios says, it's not the person you refer to, but the character. When I talk about a tranvestite (i.c. Verduchka from Eurosong :)) I always talk about she instead of he, because when the man is dressed as Verduchka, he takes the role of a woman. I'm pretty sure tranvestites was to be adressed with "she" btw. :p

It's obvious we're starving for new SSB info, when we're arguing about such a thing...
Yes! Thank you! Exactly!

And Zelda is indeed playing Sheik-- or else, LINK WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT ZELDA AND SHEIK WERE THE SAME PERSON.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dechaios said:
Yes! Thank you! Exactly!

And Zelda is indeed playing Sheik-- or else, LINK WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT ZELDA AND SHEIK WERE THE SAME PERSON.

Except Link is the protagonist, and protagonists always miss important facts until the writers see it fit to give them some insight.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Christopher said:
Was ANY of Sonic's musical talent listen under the massive musicians scoring this game? I know I didn't see the dude who did the adventure line, but maybe some past Sonic guy is scoring in there? If not I wouldn't hold my breath for Sonic :(

I think there was one person who had a minor roll in Sonic for the Master System

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Haha, one of my friends and I used to get into this Sheik argument all the time.

What about the argument that Zelda is actually shapeshifting into a male Sheik? Sheik clearly has muscles that Zelda does not, and even a different eye color and nose if I recall correctly.

What the heck is wrong with you people? Megaman was in Captain N! He would be right at home with his oldschool Nintendo buddies, and IMO make a better fit than Sonic, though I'd love to see both of them make it.

As for his moveset, I really don't see Megaman as a Samus clone. Sure he has a carge shot, but we must also account for Rush, sliding, as well as copying defeated enemies.

Dechaios said:
Yes! Thank you! Exactly!

MrCheez said:
Haha, one of my friends and I used to get into this Sheik argument all the time.

What about the argument that Zelda is actually shapeshifting into a male Sheik? Sheik clearly has muscles that Zelda does not, and even a different eye color and nose if I recall correctly.
this isn't 4chan you guys

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok so we're discussing Sheik's sex now? There should be 2 site updates every day so there isn't time for arguments like that

Dechaios said:
Yes! Thank you! Exactly!

Are we really deciding plot points based on whether Link realizes something?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Maybe Sheik is a female ninja robot with lasers for eyes sent through time to prevent her world from turning into a post apocalyptic warzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom