• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game-Biz

Polari said:
Have you considered playing videogames?
Actually, I just found something better -- watching reruns of Frasier.

Poor, poor Niles. Go for it man, you must tell Daphne how you feel, dammit.

Enduin said:
Watch SE allow something like "New Stage: Balamb Garden."

A move which I personally would love, but it would cause the vast majority of the world to explode in an apocalyptic rage. Playing as Seifer against Squall would rock so hard. Make it happen Japan Time.

.....make it happen :-/

Hot?
4kuskl3.gif

PkunkFury

yay the super moves

looks like you can walk around with the final smash charge up before releasing it. Mario looks cool when he's on fire

Michan

*EXPLODES*

What is a Final Smash?

basic02_070529a.jpg

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.

The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it’s kind of like a powerful and personalized hammer. (Or maybe not…)

You can look forward to experiencing the glowing personality behind each of the many Final Smashes!

basic02_070529b-l.jpg

I-I… I want it!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FINALLY

What is a Final Smash?

basic02_070529a.jpg

Smash Ball

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.

The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it’s kind of like a powerful and personalized hammer. (Or maybe not…)

You can look forward to experiencing the glowing personality behind each of the many Final Smashes!

basic02_070529b.jpg

I-I… I want it!

[EDIT:] You know, we really didn't learn anything from this update except that it's called a "Final Smash" item. And we got a picture of it. Meh.. I want to know how it's performed!

[EDIT 2:] Oh shit I didn't notice the thing about Mario's Final Smash below... okay then, update saved, handshakes all around!

fernoca

Michan said:
Oh come on. If you're going to come out, you may as well blow your load in the process.

Even Kirby agrees with me.

:lol :lol

Nah!
Not my type!
Now..Mario..
Italian..blue eyes...tanned skin..thight clothes..accent...

YU-MMY!!!!

:D

mario_070529b-l.jpg

:O!

Michan

8D~

Mario: Final Smash

<Mario Final>

So just what was that massive storm of flame Mario unleashed in the movie?

That was Mario’s Final Smash, the Mario Finale!

mario_070529a-l.jpg

He got a Smash Ball! Mario is standing by!

mario_070529b-l.jpg

Ready?

mario_070529c-l.jpg

Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM!

The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it’s best to release this from a slight floating or midair position on either the left or right side of the screen.

If Mario launches this at you, you’d better flee!

FINAL SMASH!!

basic02_070529a.jpg
basic02_070529b.jpg

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once.and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item indeed.

The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it's kind of like a powerful and personalised hammer. (Or maybe not...)

Read the other posts for Mario smash :p

Sounds like an interesing item, seems like you pick up the smash ball, and keep it and use it whenever u want. Since it can only be used once, doesn't sound that cheap and depending on usage, can turn the game around if in a pinch.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'm telling you guys, Sakurai must be reading Gaf! First, after I complain about eye animations most pictures released afterwards had their eyes in different positions. Then some people argue whether super smash moves are in the game and Final Smashes appear. Surely Sakurai is among us!
/lunatic

Good item. Mario is my main character in Melee so this is awesome.

mario_070529b-l.jpg

look at that pose

mario_070529c-l.jpg

I will bring sweet firey death upon all of you

PkunkFury

Shinobix said:
Will actual gameplay be interrupted to show an animation every time someone uses a Final Smash?

:(

sounds like it won't happen often, and I think everyone can still move while the final smash is going on, just looks like it will be a pain in the ass to dodge

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
scottnak said:
Note my friends that the FINAL SMASH entry is in the HOW TO PLAY section of the site.

Aside from that, freakin' awesome!!

Yeah, it's kinda odd, since it's an item, but he didn't put it in the items section... it might just be because it's a new idea to the game.

...or you won't be able to turn Smash Balls off like normal items. =O

Michan

Shinobix said:
Will actual gameplay be interrupted to show an animation every time someone uses a Final Smash?

:(

He mentions fleeing from the attack, so I guess the character builds up (rapidly) and unleashes the attack on the screen as-is.

kamikaze

i hope these things have a weakness. i loved how the hammer changed into an uber-item in the first smash bros. to a powerful item with some big risks in melee.

rewatching the e3 trailer, it seems like link's final smash is the tri-force stab and kirby's is cooking his foes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom