• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

My first major pickup!

4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom, 3700 SF. First home with the wife. Technically we closed on the 28th, but today is our first day of "we have the home, are moved in, everything is set, time to live life".

vxCHl0C.jpg

Not pictured:

Animal Crossing for 3DS
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Luigi DLC for NSMBU
Mega Man 3 for Wii U VC

Congrats!

How much does such a house cost in the usa nowadays?

For what it's worth, a house in my area (10 miles out from Philadelphia PA) like that one would be at least $650,000 and higher (mainly higher).

Loxley

I finally got my hands on a copy of this:

v11d.jpg

It's basically "The Art/Making of Tarzan" - which is my favorite film of the Disney renaissance from an artistic standpoint.

K00LEHql.jpg

Amazon send me email and said they have a copy for me. I guess I had it set to notify me when available at one point. Love the art book. I am dreading digital future where limited edition would be things of the past.

y08EZ9rl.jpg

Finally pick up 3DS XL, and sold off my DSi. I really enjoying the system and looking forward to Pokémon.

NscizvLl.jpg

Fire Emblem and seeing Final Fantasy at E3 got me wanting to play JRPG again. I pick up XIII-2 along with guide books for both XIII and XIII-2 so I can finish XIII.

PCTCozSl.jpg

360 version, because it's so much cheaper. Too bad the one of the disc holder is cracked. I hate digi-pack.

6ACJUAdl.jpg

They are really nice guide book. I got them for $20.00 each.

YOWJvwLl.jpg

XIII guide book is used but in decent condition. (A bit yellow and crushed edges)

itc44kJl.jpg

Man of Steel LEGO set from wife and kids for Father Day.

4q25Ygal.jpg

LEGO Ultimate Collection The Lord of the Rings The Tower of Orthanc, I got for myself. It comes with free Jor-EL Russel Crowe mini-fig.

yw0Twq3l.jpg

Lemstar

New phone - kind of a nice change from the past couple of years of iPhone

eh9xNav.jpg

The Last of Us - Post-Pandemic and Survival Editions

maWNZlN.jpg

Bunch of used games

LdQx7tz.jpg

Project X Zone LE

XAvdB76.jpg

Diablo 2 CE

nLU1kAr.jpg

Persona 4: the Animation Volume 2

IuRscZk.jpg

Persona 4 Arena Mitsuru 1/7 Figure Preorder

6zbcOES.jpg

kierwynn

There's a Flynn one? My want went up. And yes they are super cute.

I actually forgot Flynn was in the set (I mainly ordered them for the girls), so it was a nice surprise since I love him. There is also Yuri, Asbel, Alvin, and Hubert, but I didn't open them.

Parallacs

After a slow day at the swap meet yesterday, I swung by the Play N Trade near my house that I had never been to. I couldn't believe when he said $5 for this:

D9NzAuC.jpg

The sales guy knew the game was priced way too low, but he was cool about ringing me up. I was shaking haha.

KfYVlFG.jpg

Loxley

After a slow day at the swap meet yesterday, I swung by the Play N Trade near my house that I had never been to. I couldn't believe when he said $5 for this:

D9NzAuC.jpg

The sales guy knew the game was priced way too low, but he was cool about ringing me up. I was shaking haha.

KfYVlFG.jpg

I've never heard of this game, but you got me curious so I looked it up.

Wow man, congrats on dat $$$ ;)

Seik

Banned

D9NzAuC.jpg

KfYVlFG.jpg

:lol

Ok, you win the pick-up deal of the month I guess. This will be hard to beat.

Grief.exe

D9NzAuC.jpg

KfYVlFG.jpg

Deal of the month already.

Yea, thats what I paid.

A bit steep, and Argos was due to have them come in on Delivery and there only £100 in there, but I couldnt wait any longer when they were delayed and went to GAME to get them.

Just played about 4 hours of Uncharted 3 and felt completely immersed in the game.

I had read such good things about them a while back, but thanks to your pick-up my interest has been rekindled. I decided to take the plunge and ordered a pair from Amazon (£95 delivered), so will likely report back with my impressions soon!

Parallacs

I'd like to see more pictures of your handheld collection. I really like the stands. Have you posted in the GB/GBC/GBA Collecting Thread?

I think I have. I'll take an updated photo of the whole collection soon.

I completed my U.S. play it loud collection back in April:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53072187&postcount=233

I got some cheap stands off ebay that only work if the batteries are removed from the gameboy. I need to come up with a better method of holding them.

I want to do some sort of vertical attachment to the wall but not use velcro or cubbies.

Stuart444

New TV came :D Absolutely loving it. Trying out the Gran Turismo demo on it and it looks gorgeous (though I also use the TV as a second monitor so the higher resolution (old TV was 720p only) is taking a bit to get used to)

Here is my old TV for comparisons sake

D9NzAuC.jpg

KfYVlFG.jpg

Nice price there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome stuff man! Congrats

Congrats!

For what it's worth, a house in my area (10 miles out from Philadelphia PA) like that one would be at least $650,000 and higher (mainly higher).

Thanks to you both! Still sinking in that we are home owners...Crazy!

And the benefits of living in Indiana shine when looking at home prices. 650k is crazy!

Also, this finally came:

It's a Tokyo Disney exclusive Nanoblock set (think LEGO, just MUCH smaller) of Cinderella's Castle. I'm not a LEGO purist like LEGO GAF, so having something as crazy as this in my collection is pretty fantastic. The wife loves it, too.

Quake1028

NkjFjEx.jpg

Only Flash is new. This is my little setup at work. Next up Superman from Man of Steel and Leonardo.

uigrnIf.jpg

New case for my Galaxy S III. Love it. Love, love, love it.

Accoun

Nothing as big as most of you: ;-)

I don't have a console anymore (will probably rebuy in the future), but I couldn't resist buying it since I had it locally, and RB3 wasn't officially released in Poland (TB:RB only, if I'm not mistaken - at best we had a pack with Singstar mics) so I would have to basically import any RB gear. Maybe I'll get a MIDI to USB cable for it. :)
And I'll get a ticket discount on local convention for bringing games and gear for console room. :3

GulAtiCa

D9NzAuC.jpg

KfYVlFG.jpg

Oh wow! Congrats. That's one hell of a deal.

SoulClap

It was a tough call between this and the S4 but my superficial side won out. The S4 is more feature packed but man that hardware design is terrible in comparison.

iriFmPILGMg2r.jpg

Shady859

22x28" GameStop pre-order bonus poster, looks nice enough to hang.

$20 Farcry 3 finally came from Amazon today. The other 2 games were $30 total from Gamefly used and complete.

Not pictured:

Borderlands 2 800 points today on XBL!
New windshield for my truck thank you mister huge asshole rock for partially shattering my window. ;)

Location location location to whoever originally asked. Northern KY around me it'd be about 1/3 of his price depending on area. You could drop in easily at low end 175 probably looking at homes.com

mothball

It was a tough call between this and the S4 but my superficial side won out. The S4 is more feature packed but man that hardware design is terrible in comparison.

iriFmPILGMg2r.jpg

Christ that thing is beautiful. Millimeters away from pulling the trigger on my own. My only issue is the 4MP camera (especially since my Amaze has 8). I was hoping the Butterfly S would have a higher megapixel count, but since it doesn't I might as well scoop up the One.

SoulClap

Christ that thing is beautiful. Millimeters away from pulling the trigger on my own. My only issue is the 4MP camera (especially since my Amaze has 8). I was hoping the Butterfly S would have a higher megapixel count, but since it doesn't I might as well scoop up the One.

Do it man. You'll get over the small megapixel count when you see the low-light capabilities of the camera.

Gameboy415

I got everything except Game & Wario (from a NewEgg sale) and PokePark 2 (eBay) super cheap from Amazon.
I snapped up the cheapest copy of Game & Watch Collection 2 I could find as it's seemingly no longer available from Club Nintendo and prices on eBay are slowly climbing.
Somewhat same deal with PokePark 2 - none of my local stores carry it any more and I missed the sales earlier this year so I snagged a somewhat cheap sealed copy on eBay.
I now own every single US-released first-party game for Nintendo DS & Wii! :D

I got the Mario Kart flag at Nintendo's e3 event at Best Buy a few weeks ago and got the Chase McCain mini-fig free with LEGO City: Undercover from Amazon.

hoss

Posted in the last page for the June thread, hope you folks don't mind me posting my new pick up here too =D

Factory renewed for $1600 plus 5 year warranty with the store including accidental for $145.

Sweet piece of glass man. Probably my favorite lens aside from the 24mm f1.4

Top Bottom