• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaimeGuy said:
Underwater? That has nothing to do with Rainbow Cruise.

And Mejilan, the temple has the BEST song in the game (Fire Emblem)
The rainbow cruise theme has a part that's a remix of the SMB1 underwater theme

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Keru_Shiri said:
The rainbow cruise theme has a part that's a remix of the SMB1 underwater theme
oh, I thought he was talking about the visual theme of the rainbow cruise level

woxel1

ShockingAlberto said:
Yep, that's Battlefield all over. It's so Battlefield, I don't know why they even bothered it calling something different.
Obviously they're optimizing a handful of stages for online play, hence the simplistic platform design
:crosses fingers:

Lord Phol

Come on we need bigger/more epic/crazy stages too, just cause some of u guys like to have it really simple without items and platform stages for your torunaments, doesen't mean that everyone plays like that. Hell I though more people played it just like it is, at least that's what i've been doing along with my friends. Sometimes you just wanna chill around bashing each other on a bigger not as hectic map, in between the super fast hectic ones.

Really hope online, tournament playing or whatever doesn't ruin the game for more causal players, cause this games looks aboslutely great fap-tacular awesome this far :3. Just want some variety :eek:. That's what made the last two games such great lan games, u had those wild small maps for crazy gameplay, and also those bigger not as crazy maps for when you just wanted to cool of a bit, but still playing and having fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lord Phol said:
Come on we need bigger/more epic/crazy stages too, just cause some of u guys like to have it really simple without items and platform stages for your torunaments, doesen't mean that everyone plays like that. Hell I though more people played it just like it is, at least that's what i've been doing along with my friends. Sometimes you just wanna chill around bashing each other on a bigger not as hectic map, in between the super fast hectic ones.

Really hope online, tournament playing or whatever doesn't ruin the game for more causal players, cause this games looks aboslutely great fap-tacular awesome this far :3. Just want some variety :eek:. That's what made the last two games such great lan games, u had those wild small maps for crazy gameplay, and also those bigger not as crazy maps for when you just wanted to cool of a bit, but still playing and having fun.

Replace big stages with dynamic stages. You can have your epicness and I'll keep my viable battle stages.

(Do you have any idea how hard it is to chase fox through hyrule temple?

Kureishima said:
Anyone live near Gainesville, FL? A tournament I'm going to takes place on July 7 there. I'd love to beat down some NeoGaffers. :p
I'd go if I didn't have to work.

I think I also have some friends flying in to Hartsfield around then.

Somnid

Halycon said:
Replace big stages with dynamic stages. You can have your epicness and I'll keep my viable battle stages.

Play timed games.

ant1532

Banned
Kureishima said:
Anyone live near Gainesville, FL? A tournament I'm going to takes place on July 7 there. I'd love to beat down some NeoGaffers. :p
Damn, I'm in Pompano-Ft.Lauderdale FL (hella more south than Gainesville). If you ever go to a tournament down south tell me and I will go woop ass.

Only thing I hate bout tourneys are stuff like that(I've been to 3) is that they all take place in the weirdest places. Those game stores where all everyone does is play games and there is no windows and if there is they cover it with blinds. I hate that shit. Where in Florida where there is beaches, sun, good weather, and they shut it all down. I don't know but I just like to play my match and wait for my friends and if we lose I just get outa there hella fast.

woxel1

Dina said:
So are games with random stages and items on a low respawn timer.

Those are also the best games.
UltimateWarrior2.jpg

Firestorm

Somnid said:
Play timed games.

And Fox wins. He lasers you for some damage and runs, at the end, he wins since he took nothing.

Anyway, played a couple of hours of Melee yesterday after a month.

Damage Ratio at 2.0 with only Bunny Hood and Screw Attack on at high is the way this game is meant to be played. kthnxbai.

No really >_> Equip Bunny Hood, then equip Screw Attack, run and jump into your opponent twice. It's so damn awesome. Although Pichu is pretty rigged in 2.0x mode. u-air from Pichu = instant KO.

Lord Phol

Halycon said:

I really don't want to replace any of them, just want the variety and this far we've only seen those kind of small crazy battle stages, which got me a little worried. But since this is shaping up to be the best game in the series by far, I don't see why we can't have all three of them :x. Why make some playes loose their fun when u can make it so everyone can enjoy it the way they want to (like meele).

(and nope, luckily none of my friends play fox :p, got a pretty decent marth player though >.<)

ant1532

Banned
Finally found the art from Super Smash Bros 64!

153fs640430.gif
153fs641383.gif
153fs641474.gif
153fs641537.gif
153fs641728.gif
153fs641881.gif
153fs641970.gif
153fs642081.gif
153fs642335.gif
153fs642487.gif
153fs642560.gif
153fs642683.gif

I hope if they ever went to a Smash DS they took this road of cartoony art again.

ant1532 said:
Finally found the art from Super Smash Bros 64!

153fs640430.gif
153fs641383.gif
153fs641474.gif
153fs641537.gif
153fs641728.gif
153fs641881.gif
153fs641970.gif
153fs642081.gif
153fs642335.gif
153fs642487.gif
153fs642560.gif
153fs642683.gif

I hope if they ever went to a Smash DS they took this road of cartoony art again.

Cool except Yoshi and Fox... they look like rapists.

Someone should make a gif where it zooms in on one of their faces and says "its rape time".

Ha, with all this asking where people live, I really am hoping for online support. I don't suppose there are any gaffers in the central Arkansas area, are there?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Keru_Shiri said:
Ha, with all this asking where people live, I really am hoping for online support. I don't suppose there are any gaffers in the central Arkansas area, are there?
check out smashboards.com

Keru_Shiri said:

Just wanna play some GAFers. Don't want online play though. :p Kills the fun.

GaimeGuy said:
check out smashboards.com
Yeah, I have an account, and can find people to play when I go back to school, I just thought it'd be cool to play against some fellow gaffers.
Kureishima said:
Well, online would help facilitate inter-GAF matches through swapping friend codes, (bleh) but I agree, there's nothing quite like a room full of spectators whilst playing a four-man trash-talkin', smashfest.

Ramirez

Give me a ****ing break. This game is worthless to me without online, I don't have friends that can come over and play SSB, sheesh.

dfyb

Banned
i have a feeling that when playing online, hitting eachother at the same time and both taking damage will be a lot more common. depends how they do the netcode though.

radiuhm

Ramirez said:
Give me a ****ing break. This game is worthless to me without online, I don't have friends that can come over and play SSB, sheesh.

Yeah I'm really hyped for this game, but without online play, I have no idea what I'd do, prolly go crazy.

radiuhm said:
Yeah I'm really hyped for this game, but without online play, I have no idea what I'd do, prolly go crazy.

That's pretty sad. Don't you have something called friends? I know atleast 6 people who will be really good at this game. Of course online is a huge asset, but the game is far from worthless if it doesn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom