• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haunted One said:
I'm sure he's reading this thread daily. We're only at page 50 though.

(*We are at page 99*.)

Well, then he should be really happy, because it seems that this game make the unanimity for now. And on GAF this is a very rare thing. Personally, what surprises me more is the "big" step up from Melee for what concern the graphical quality of characters and lights effects. Zelda is a very good example.

Looking at her model makes me want to have another kind of game.
Cooperation of Nintendo and Tecmo please, "Nintendo Xtreme Beach Volleyball", featuing Zelda, Peach and Krystal. :-/

MasterMFauli said:
Cooperation of Nintendo and Tecmo please, "Nintendo Xtreme Beach Volleyball", featuing Zelda, Peach and Krystal. :-/

I prefer look REAL girls instead...

This is really one thing that doesn't interest me at all in videogames...

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I prefer look REAL girls instead...

This is really one thing that doesn't interest me at all in videogames...

The DoA girls dont look any more real than Zelda (except ears), so stop it :-|
If you dont like DoAXBV as well, well, your pitty :p

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
FunkyMunkey said:
ZELDA!

zelda.jpg

Just like Link, Zelda’s design has also changed.
She has a slightly more subdued color scheme.

Her movement capabilities are not that good, but her magic adds power to her physical attacks. There’s a reason why her hands and feet glow, after all.

zelda_070625a-l.jpg
zelda_070625b-l.jpg

zelda_070625c-l.jpg
zelda_070625d-l.jpg

OMG

I <3 Nintendo, smash bros day 1 confirmed

Nintaiyo

MasterMFauli said:

lol wut...

180px-SSBX.png

Jiggy

I don't see how Sheik is auto-out because Zelda's rendered in the TP model. Maybe if we see a shot where Link's hookshot has been replaced by the clawshot, or where he throws water bombs for the sake of making sense if there are any water areas in Delfino Plaza, that idea would have more credibility, but it hasn't happened yet.
That said, I'd prefer for Down + B to be a sword attack (and B to be a bow attack instead of that lame, low-rent, imitation version of "Din's Fire") and for Sheik to be a separate character. I just think a lot of you are speculating too much.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
New moveset please. Just keep lightning kick, revamp everything else.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
LegendofJoe said:
If Zero Suit Samus has indeed replaced Sheik in Brawl I hope she is immediately selectable instead of an in game Samus transformation after she does her Final Smash.

If she is immediately selectable and has Sheik's moveset then I see no reason why us Sheik fans should be worried.

I brought this up a few pages back, but I highly highly doubt ZSSamus will have anything to do with the Final Smash.

Final Smash looks to be some sort of random item. I just can't see an entire character requiring an item to be collected in order to use. And what if you can turn Final Smashes off in the options (which I'm sure you will be able to)? Then it's impossible to play as ZSSamus in those matches?

They should incorporate Farore's Wind some how. Like, maybe Down+B will lay a subtle warp point, and if Zelda gets knocked off her Up+B will teleport her there.

Diablos54

Nexus Zero said:
They should incorporate Farore's Wind some how. Like, maybe Down+B will lay a subtle warp point, and if Zelda gets knocked off her Up+B will teleport her there.
I thought Farore's Wind was her Up+B in Meele?

I have taken the Twilight Princess Model, and I have adjusted its colours to match the lighting of the SSBB scene, and the hair is clearly a dark brown, compared to a dirty blonde in Twilight Princess...

zzz2.jpg

aeolist

Banned
I'd actually prefer it if they switched up Zeldas specials, made ZS Samus a totally separate character, and gave her the equivalent of Shiek's moves + energy whip/gun.

Jirotrom

Meta-Knight said:
Sheik is a great original character... Overpowered? I don't know... Maybe in professional tournaments, but as a "normal" player I didn't feel she was overpowered at all. She had great speed though and good combos.

I'm in denial too until I see proof :D
Sheik was definitely top-tier but I was never a fan of her look.

ant1532

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
I have taken the Twilight Princess Model, and I have adjusted its colours to match the lighting of the SSBB scene, and the hair is clearly a dark brown, compared to a dirty blonde in Twilight Princess...

zzz2.jpg
So what, your saying this is wrong? I mean that is the TP model and the hair is clearly brown in the lighting TSA gave it.

TSA said:
I'm going to punch the next person who says the hair color is different. It's the damn lighting in the game.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Model
zelda_070625c-l.jpg

Twilight Princess Model
princess_zelda_hair.jpg

Again, it's lighting. When it's bright out, her hair looks lighter. With low key lighting, it looks very dark.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Glad to see Zelda's back, the brunette Zelda from TP is definitely better looking than the blonde one from OOT.

Grecco said:
Guess Zelda will be lower tier now. I personally loved Shiek/Zelda.

Who knows? The character balance changed quite a lot from SSB64 to Melee. Zelda could easily be a much better character if she were faster and her moves were tweaked a bit.

I have a feeling this game will be the most balanced game yet in the series.

zoku88

Grecco said:
You know, everything about her will prolly change in Brawl. You can't expect characters to be in the same tier as they were before....

Grecco said:

What are you talking about? Zelda and Shiek each had their own separate updates back on the Melee page before that game came out. Don't jump to conclusions.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
zoku88 said:
You know, everything about her will prolly change in Brawl. You can't expect characters to be in the same tier as they were before....
Tiers only matter in high-level play anyway. ;)

Nintaiyo

Man...I hope to god that when Peach is revealed her hair color stays the same blond color as it has always been. I can't stand this anymore.

GSG Flash

Nintaiyo said:
Man...I hope to god that when Peach is revealed her hair color stays the same blond color as it has always been. I can't stand this anymore.

Has peach's character ever changed? I don't think you have to worry about that, Peach is the blonde, Daisy's the brunette.

thefro

GSG Flash said:
Has peach's character ever changed? I don't think you have to worry about that, Peach is the blonde, Daisy's the brunette.

Princess_peach_(smb1).png

smb3_peach.gif

supmaworld-4.gif

Wasn't until Mario 64 that they really settled on a pure blonde color for Peach's hair.

ant1532

Banned
GSG Flash said:
Daisy is blonde too. Hold on let me take some comparison pics

Just playin :p

GSG Flash

thefro said:
Princess_peach_(smb1).png

smb3_peach.gif

supmaworld-4.gif

Wasn't until Mario 64 that they really settled on a pure blonde color for Peach's hair.

Damn, I completely forgot about the 2D games (actually I never beat them, so that's why I didn't remember) :p. Also, wasn't Peach a blonde in Mario Kart for the SNES?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
GSG Flash said:
Damn, I completely forgot about the 2D games (actually I never beat them, so that's why I didn't remember) :p. Also, wasn't Peach a blonde in Mario Kart for the SNES?

dkdb-dkmksnes_cameo.jpg

Neo Child

Banned
Look, the SSBB Zelda reflects the TP 3D model look, which had browny blonde hair.

Get over it dammit!

Lets all bitch about Peach's new dress and Link's new chain mail huh?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
You know... when you are taking Peach's character design more seriously than Nintendo, there is something wrong. Calm down.

Firestorm

Screw it, I'm not reading 5 pages of hair discussion. And I'm sure Sheik's still in. No way they'll take out the best down+b attack (Zelda's) in the game =O Of course keeping Sheik mean we'd also get the worst down+b attack (Sheik's) in the game =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom