• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrell

ZELDA'S IN!!!! WOOO!!!!

... sorry, was sweating bullets that she may have been one of the pulled characters. Now here's hoping they give her a new set of moves and drop the Sheik business... Ocarina of Time has come and gone, people. Wish her hair was more dark or dirty blonde instead of what seems to be a solid brunette color.

Now all they need to do is confirm Peach and Mewtwo are back, and this is guaranteed awesome for me.

Oh, and yeah, looking at the Zelda comparison shots, HOLY ****ING ****!!! Sorry haters, this IS next-gen to me.

Although she looks the same as she did in Twilight Princess. For some reason, in this Smash Bros context the re-designed Zelda looks a lot hotter.

Brunette Zelda> Blonde Zelda.

Althought I hope they tweak her moveset a little, since it looks like she won't be transforming into Shiek. (Zelda was way too slow in Melee.)

dfyb

Banned
Zeed said:
zeldassbm2.jpg
i want to see Ness in brawl, damnit.

fernoca

Zelda looks better than I expected..
And anyone saying she was blonde in Twilight Princess just didn't played the game..or just didn't finished it. :)

As a note:
Keep in mind that Sheik and Zelda were revealed as separate characters in Melee. So Sheik fans may still have some hope.

Zeed

Banned
I'm going to call it now - Zelda's Final Smash is Light Arrow Volley.

As for her regular moveset...who knows? I hope they come up with something better than the OoT Fire/Wind/Love.

Zeed said:
It would be awesome if her final smash was a transformation into Sheik and then he (she?) just tears across the screen back and forth kicking the living shit out of whoever is in the area. Would be a neat cameo that made sense.

Yeah, I don't really think we can expect much of a design upgrade with Princess Toadstool.

I mean the Mellee model already looked better than all her other incarnations in any other game. And if they made her look like she did in Sunshine that would be a total downgrade.

MGrant

Talladega Knight said:
It would be awesome if her final smash was a transformation into Sheik and then he (she?) just tears across the screen back and forth kicking the living shit out of whoever is in the area. Would be a neat cameo that made sense.

Not the same Zelda, though. So it wouldn't make sense.

Zeed said:

As for her regular moveset...who knows? I hope they come up with something better than the OoT Fire/Wind/Love.

if Midna isnt in the game, I want Zelda's final smash to be a giant hole to the twilight realm opening and sucking all the others towards it causing them to either fall out the stage or go into the hole, in which they would receive massive damage.

Big Icarus said:
Yeah, I don't really think we can expect much of a design upgrade with Princess Toadstool.

I mean the Mellee model already looked better than all her other incarnations in any other game. And if they made her look like she did in Sunshine that would be a total downgrade.

Have we seen her Mario Galaxy design?

Linkzg said:
if Midna isnt in the game, I want Zelda's final smash to be a giant hole to the twilight realm opening and sucking all the others towards it causing them to either fall out the stage or go into the hole, in which they would receive massive damage.
Sorry but.:lol

Zeed

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
She most definently uses her sword in the game.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that...incident.

Maybe she'll be able to shoot that ping-pong energy crap (even though that's usually Ganondorf's trademark)...perhaps make it controllable?
Replacing Din's Fire as her side B? Would make sense, and only be a cosmetic change.

Also, assuming that Shiek is out, which is what the evidence is leaning towards, Zelda would need a new down B.
That attack she uses in TP that makes the ground glow in the shape of a Triforce (and then damage anything on it) would be perfect.

What else did she do in TP? Other than shoot Light Arrows, of course.

Watch her smash just be a sword combo like Link's is. It kinda makes sense considering she actually uses a move like that, but that'd be so lame.

Oh and I don't think it'd make very much sense, but she does have a Peach style hover in TP too... I hope she at least keeps her fireball. That was the funnest move in SSBM by far.
What else did she do in TP? Other than shoot Light Arrows, of course.
Well she sacrifices her life to save Midna and then somehow ends up NOT DEAD WTF, so that could be a move. Also IIRC she had a sword lunge/dash and a kind of sweeping attack, that actually reminds me of Link's double slash smash.

fernoca

Peach will look similar as in Melee, a little more detailed and possibly with a ponytail. :)
Peach in Galaxy looks like she did in Sunshine. :)

Zeed

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Watch her smash just be a sword combo like Link's is.
While I don't think she'll just bust out a sword from nowhere for her Final Smash, you may be on to something. Link's Final Smash involved a ray of light shooting out of the triforce on his hand, trapping someone in the process. Zelda (and Ganondorf too, come to that) also has a triforce on her hand. Maybe it'd start out like Link's, but instead of slashing she shoots Light Arrows instead? Would make sense.

I'm gonna guess the hair was probably darkened because both Princess Peach and Samus are blondes, so they wanted to mix it up.

I like it actually. I think Zelda's hair was dark blonde/brown in Zelda III anyway.

Terrell

fernoca said:
Peach will look similar as in Melee, a little more detailed and possibly with a ponytail. :)
Peach in Galaxy looks like she did in Sunshine. :)
I imagine that they'll tweak Peach so that she looks more similar to the mainline games, like they did with Mario. We'll still see more detail to the model, though, like that nice silky patterned dress and a real gold crown that doesn't look like she just went to Burger King or something.

Can't wait to see Ganon. Although I hope they lose that stupid skull-cap on the back of his head. Yeah, I know it's nitpicky, but it bothered me.
Also I'm hoping for some cool looking cape physics when Ganon moves around.

Ganon needs to be totally different from how he was in Melee, no more Capt clone, a brand new character with his sword from TP and he needs to shoot some damn enemy balls.

Zeed

Banned
Oh! I know what her new up B ought to be.

Twilight-style teleporting. Yes, it's technically more of a Midna-trademark, but it still happens to her in TP. You'd see her body split apart into those weird twilight square things, then quickly swirl over to the new destination before reforming.
That'd be so damn cool.

Vic said:
Cap' Falcon might come back after all <3

Why wouldn't he?

Actually I predict that as we get closer to E3 they'll be revealing all the previouslly unseen returning characters, until maybe right around E3 they might show Snake's profile, or a completely new Nintendo character.

Zeed

Banned
Vic said:
Cap' Falcon might come back after all <3
Considering that the good Captain has been around since the very first game, I'd be shocked if they got rid of him now. Hell I even predict that friggin Jigglypuff will return for the sake of tradition.

Dr.Hadji

Linkzg said:
Ganon needs to be totally different from how he was in Melee, no more Capt clone, a brand new character with his sword from TP and he needs to shoot some damn enemy balls.

The kind that bounce back when you hit them.

RagnarokX

Linkzg said:
"The kind that bounce back when you hit them."

only with a fully charged smash attack I hope, if any attack worked, it wont be nearly as fun.
No, only with the master sword, a bottle, or bug catching net.

SCReuter

Crazy late, but whatever, yet another Zelda comparision:

zeldamc.jpg

It's impressive how well they were able to replicate the Twilight Princess model, although it does seem like she had hair highlights before.

Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, no.

Wowzers! Zelda looks quite amazing, kind of an expected character though.

I never really used her in SSBM, i always stuck with Shiek who was a much more superior character, lets hope for an upgrade fir zelda eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom