• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
PkunkFury said:
so how will sliding special move work? just press b while running fast? Or does this just mean that Wario's slide attack will bring out the bike, and other characters will still have regular slide attacks? I also wonder where the bike will come from the first time. You just pull it out of thin air?

I imagine you'd just press over and B to pull out the motorcycle, you wouldn't need to be running.

And like any good cartoon character, I'm sure he pulls the motorcycle out of his back pocket. =P

I hope every character can "call" an item like this. So Wario has his "chopper", Mario could summon a Fire Flower or Tanooki Suit, Link could call Epona, Sonic (cough) could bring a springboard onto the battlefield, DK could summon a giant barrel or something, Snake is TOTALLY going to have a cardboard box move (you KNOW it), Ash will be able to trap opponents in a Pokeball, and Samus could get new beams.

Android18a said:
I hope every character can "call" an item like this. So Wario has his "chopper", Mario could summon a Fire Flower or Tanooki Suit, Link could call Epona, Sonic (cough) could bring a springboard onto the battlefield, DK could summon a giant barrel or something, Snake is TOTALLY going to have a cardboard box move (you KNOW it), Ash will be able to trap opponents in a Pokeball, and Samus could get new beams.

That'd be a beautiful **** you to the itemless crowd.

Android18a said:

Yuck.. sigh.. :(

RagnarokX

JoshuaJSlone said:
"He definitely should have factored in someone on the team having to model that motorcycle which would waste dev time if it was only for the trailer."

Could've been a trophy.
Or in the openning video.

Jasup

Now for a completely useless tidbit about fart jokes:

There's been a study about things children think are funny. Farts (and other bodily functions) are considered funny by children under the age of 7 after which girls generally lose interest in them - unlike boys who seems to never grow over them.

Thus the humour in SSBB is directed, based on Warios moves, towards boys in general or girls under 7 years old.

But now back to the topic.. carry on

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
So at this point I'm going to say anything in the first trailer should be taken at face value. Too many things have become true.

- Puppy item
- Smash Ball is an item you need to grab to execute a devastating move (Revealed)
- Mario Final Smash: Mario Finale (Revealed)
- Link Final Smash: Triforce Slash (Revealed)
- Kirby Final Smash: Cook
- Meta Knight B/Down B: Invisible Cloak
- Samus Final Smash: KA-ME-HA-ME-HA!!
- Samus turns into ZSS after using her Final Smash
Gameplay speculation: If you die after you've turned into ZSS you will come back into the fight as Samus. Anyone who plays as Samus probably doesn't want to be ZSS. Or maybe the devs will decide to leave her like that as punishment since the Kamehameha Wave appears to be an extremely quick and powerful move.
- Wario Chopper (Revealed)
- Wario Final Smash: Nuclear Fart
- Snake has a box

Magique

wario_070629c-l.jpg

Wario looks really good in-game. The chopper is pretty well designed too :D

Haunted

smasbros.com redeemed. Wario's moveset looks hilarious - but I can't really imagine how it plays. I mean, a motorcycle? :lol

poor WastingPenguins. Zeed doesn't forget. :lol

Thriller

Nice update except that i really hate the word waft, the first time that they said that word i was like WTF , for this reason alone i will not be playing wario :p

Well, I always *wanted* to play as either Wario or Waluigi, and Wario in SSBB seems to have all the killer moves to go with the nasty posture. :) Count me in as a forthcoming Wario-champ!

But will the Motorcycle counter the Banana-peel? Or could we be expecting some major Wario-motorcycle -crashes?

Wario looks great, though he´s my least favorite character at the moment.

BUT: I REALLY doubt that Samus will turn into ZSS by using the final smash.
That way you´d probably see ZSS. Either down+B-transformation or she´s her own character.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I hope wario isn't a slow ****er like Bowser in melee. THey shouldn't make characters useless by crippling them so :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So if you knock him off the motorcycle, then throw it away he will have to retrieve it before he can use his Side + B?

Will there be a fart meter to gauge the strength of his next waft?

He sounds terrible so far, unique but terrible.

I believe the time may have come for me to stop looking at this thread, it contains a lot of spoilers, and they seem to be getting worse with time. I"m not sure how I feel about it.

Ahaha, I'm actually pretty shocked. Didn't expect that one!

Wario looks amazing. This bike move is pretty strange though. I expect it to work like Yoshi or Jigglylypuff's side-b, so I doubt it'll be that useful, but the fact that it stays on the level is really strange. If Mario picks it up and throws it off the edge, can Wario just conjure up another one as often as he wants?

Can other characters ride it? :lol (Yeah I doubt it.)

I'm actually kind of annoyed now that I'm thinking about tripping over the stupid thing while trying to fight.

radiuhm

Great update today, was expecting some lame item. Wario's moves are interesting lol, like the chopper move, wonder how the Waft works, if its AOE.

I'm not sure about the Chopper, especially in small stages, but the waft move, waaah! I wonder how much time you have to charge the attack to have a big explosion like this!

TheKingsCrown said:
I believe the time may have come for me to stop looking at this thread, it contains a lot of spoilers, and they seem to be getting worse with time. I"m not sure how I feel about it.
Spoilers? For a fighting game? :lol Sorry, but this "OMG SPOILERS!" stuff seems to get more and more ridiculous.

"I KNOW WARIO'S SIDE B MOVE! THE GAME HAS BEEN RUINED FOR ME!!"

And the charging the fart to full power is probably like Roy's explosive sword slash in terms of how long it takes.

EricDiesel said:
Spoilers? For a fighting game? :lol Sorry, but this "OMG SPOILERS!" stuff seems to get more and more ridiculous.

"I KNOW WARIO'S SIDE B MOVE! THE GAME HAS BEEN RUINED FOR ME!!"
This series of games is what I consider to be the best fighting game on the planet. I like to discover these things rather than have everything told to me about a game.

superbank said:
- Samus turns into ZSS after using her Final Smash
Gameplay speculation: If you die after you've turned into ZSS you will come back into the fight as Samus. Anyone who plays as Samus probably doesn't want to be ZSS. Or maybe the devs will decide to leave her like that as punishment since the Kamehameha Wave appears to be an extremely quick and powerful move.

Excellent speculation, I think you'll be proved right.

JCX

I remember from yesterday's update, when he said that the character selection screen couldn't be shown yet, despite there being enough known characters to show one. My hope is that they have versions of each character from multiple games, either just as skins or with unique or slightly altered movesets.

Akinola

Is it me, or does anyone else think that the Wario Waft will be the ultimate come-from-behind tactic to victory?

*bah-dum-chah!*

It looks like it has more destructive power than a bomb-omb (the item I hate getting hit with the most, cause even if you have 10% you can be killed). Or do you think it could do a damage over time type dealy like the Lip's stick, but the effects linger?

I mean, it looks like that gas is hazardous to breathe. And that motorcycle's emissions?

Wario causes destruction of ozone layer confirmed :lol

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Man, Wario is hilarious!!

I can't wait to see the WarioWare level. Anyone want to guess what it will be like? I can imagine a bunch of crazy crap happening in the background... maybe with all the WarioWare characters running around. :)

Zeed said:

Sigh...

You continue to miss my point from that part of the thread, which wasn't "I bet there are no Final Smashes or Wario Choppers in the game! I'm sure those were just for the trailer!" That was not a claim of mine. I didn't feel owned after they unveiled Final Smashes because I never said they wouldn't be in the game. Likewise, I never claimed the Wario Chopper wasn't in the game, I just was pointing out that its presence in the trailer was not confirmation of its presence in gameplay. I don't think anyone here considered that trailer confirmation of the Chopper move (because it wasn't). The fact that it turned out to be a real attack doesn't change anything.

My point was, "Those things could, potentially, ust be cinematics, ala the Melee game opening. Those Super Smashes are probably in the game (yes, I repeatedly said this), but there's no way to know for *sure* that they weren't just cinematics whipped up to showcase the characters until we hear from the game creators or see them in gameplay." I think we've all been around videogames long enough to know that it's best to take a wait-and-see approach when dealing with introductory game trailers. :lol

Why am I eating crow again? Wouldn't that normally mean you proved me wrong on some count? I'll gladly eat up if you can point out how you proved me wrong. :D

Someone has to police the rampant speculation in this thread. Otherwise I'd just head over to the cluster**** of speculative misinformation that is the SmashBoards forums. They're outta control over there!

*words fall on deaf, trolling ears*

Zeed

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
I never claimed the Wario Chopper wasn't in the game...Why am I eating crow again?
WastingPenguins said:
Wario rides a motorcycle in that trailer, so that means he'll ride it in the game, right? Nope.

See what I'm saying?

But man, I can't wait to ride the Wario Cycle around! <--Not speculation, this has a "concrete basis in fact"
How then, Mr. Penguin, do you want us to interpret that last sarcastic jab? Please, if you spin any harder you're going to make us all dizzy.

WastingPenguins said:
Someone has to police the rampant speculation in this thread.
:lol :lol :lol So now you're the thread policeman? When you yourself are the one speculating that features that have already been shown won't really be in the game? GTFO.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Man, Wario seems like a bit of a departure from other characters because of his hog, I love it!

Zeed said:

How then, Mr. Penguin, do you want us to interpret that last sarcastic jab? Please, if you spin any harder you're going to make us all dizzy.

:lol :lol :lol So now you're the thread policeman? When you yourself are the one speculating that features that have already been shown won't really be in the game? GTFO.

The trailer did not confirm at the time the presence of the Wario Chopper as an actual move in gameplay, just like I said. Try again.

And Jeeeezus, I did not say they wouldn't be in the game? Are you even reading what I'm saying, at all? All I said was, "these features that have been shown may or may not be actual gameplay and that we have no way of knowing for sure yet."

Did you read this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom